He Forgot

Black & White

 

                I walked briskly down the white hallway with my black boots clicking against the wood flooring. My clenched fists felt numb as anger pulsated from within me. I finally reached the oak door at the end of the hallway and, with a lot of effort to not break it down, I knocked softly on the smooth door. After a moment of silence, the door opened and Jo Kwon’s sweet face appeared.

                “Good morning G.Na,” he greeted me. Dressed in jeans and a simple t-shirt, holding a cup of coffee in one hand, he gave me a sweet smile, but I could not smile back at him. Despite his sweet face, my anger could not dissipate, not for a second.

                “Where is he?” I growled at him. Jo Kwon’s smile disappeared as he stepped aside to let me in.

                “In his room,” answered Jo Kwon. I hated being rude to Jo but with my anger I cannot think about anyone else besides the one person who always makes me angry. Without taking off my shoes, I stomped down the hallway, past the living room where Seulong and Changmin sat captivated by the television, to the door of my dear boyfriend’s room. I gripped the brass knob and pulled the door open without knocking. The room was messy, as usual, with piles of clothing littering the floor. On the small twin bed tucked in the corner laid Jinwoon. With blankets wrapped around his body, Jinwoon slept quietly with his adorable face peeking from behind his pillow. At any other time I would have stopped and admired his sleeping face because it is the gentlest expression he makes and I absolutely love staring at it, but his sleeping face could not drive away my anger. Without any hesitation I crossed the small space while stomping through the mounds of clothes and took in a deep breath.

                “GET UP!” I shouted at him. Jinwoon jumped out of bed and tumbled to the floor with a loud thump.

                “Geez, G.NA! Why did you do that?” he yelled at me. His brown eyes, filled with annoyance, met my icy glare. We stared at each other in silence for a few moments, and then Jinwoon sighed and slowly stood up. He was dressed in an old pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. With his hand, he smoothed his brown hair a bit, but it did not help with his major bedhead. “What did I do G.Na?” he asked with annoyance in his tone. I cannot believe he did not remember.

                “What time is it Jinwoon?” I growled at him.

                “10:17, why?” he asked slowly with confusion on his face.

                “What time were you supposed to meet me, Jinwoon?” I asked crossing my arms. Realization dawned on his face.

                “Oh crap,” he said and plopped on his bed.  “I totally forgot.”

                “We bought those tickets and had this planned for a month now Jinwoon, how could you forget?” I demanded furiously. Of all times to forget about a date, he had to forget about this one. Jinwoon rose quickly to his feet.

                “Well I’m sorry, I did not forget on purpose,” he yelled at me. We stood there screaming at each until a knock came from the door. We both froze and turned towards Changmin, who leaned against the doorframe casually with his hands shoved in his jean pockets.

                “If you two don’t mind, some of us are trying to watch T.V.,” said Changmin with a little bit of amusement on his face.  I guess to him this is just another typical fight between me and Jinwoon. I couldn’t care less about them trying to watch T.V. since anger still boiled within me.

                “Fine, I was just leaving,” I spat at Changmin. A smile spread across his face as I stomped past him out into the living room. I came to a halt when I spotted Son Ga-In. She sat comfortably on the sofa snuggled with Jo Kwon.  The Brown Eyed Girl’s member smiled at me and snuggled closer to Jo Kwon. He wrapped his arm around her and kissed the top of her head. I hated seeing the two of them together because their relationship was so peaceful, unlike mine and Jinwoon.

                “Is everything alright?” Ga-In asked me sweetly. I stiffened and forced a small smile on my face.

                “Everything is just peachy,” I said and stormed out of the dorm.