Look Only At Me

Look Only At Me

 

 

 

You stare right ahead. You remember the little note he left on your fridge that morning. You keep on walking, moving along with the busy people hurrying to finally go back to their homes or some other place where they can relax after a long tiring week of work. It is after all a Friday night and people are looking forward to the weekend. Including you. You smile at the idea of two whole days without school and just burying yourself into a nice good book and having yourself a cup of hot chocolate while you’re at it. You really love weekends you think. But you suddenly feel soft tickles on your bare arm. You look up and the stars are now crying. They must be happy too that it’s already the weekend. You shake your head. You chuckle at yourself for having such a silly thought. You take out your transparent umbrella that you are not really fond of because you like the feeling of the umbrella closing in on you and giving you some sort of privacy, a transparent umbrella can’t really do that, but you had to bring it along. You open it, just in time because the drizzle now starts becoming into full blown rain. You look up again and the crying stars greet you. You smile. You think the umbrella may just be alright after all. A ringing sound surprises you. You turn to your side and you look for the source of the sound. Then you realize it’s coming from your own little bag draped across your body. You stop walking for a while and look for a place to stop for a while since you don’t want to block all the people walking in the busy streets of Seoul. You find a lamp post and decide to just stay there. Once under the lamp post’s light, you fumble for your phone that hasn’t stopped ringing yet. “Aisht.” You mutter when you see it’s your phone’s alarm notifying you that the concert will begin in five minutes. There’s even a reminder saying: “Concert starting in 5 minutes! I’ll see you there! Ppyong!” You chuckle at this because you imagine him saying that in his own voice with his aegyo antics. You put your phone back safely in your bag and look ahead.  The concert venue is now full of lights and the humongous speakers are now pumping out music. You can see the stage from where you are. You didn’t know the concert is going to be held outdoors. You look up and the crying stars show no signs of stopping yet. They’re still really happy about the weekend. “Oppaaaaaa! Kiyyyaaaaaaahh!” “Omo omo omo! I’m so excited!!!” You now hear loud cheers from the audience up ahead that consist of mostly teenage girls like you, still in their uniforms. They must’ve come straight from their schools. Unlike you who is dressed in a white lace dress and brown leather boots. You also had school just like the rest of the girls in the audience but you bothered to change out of your uniform and into something casual because you know he doesn’t like it if you go to his group’s concerts in your uniform. “I’m just thinking about what’s good for you.” You remember him saying in his deep husky voice during one of your dates.  

 

“The concert will be starting in one minute. Please stand by.” You hear someone announce over the microphone, disturbing you from your thoughts again. You notice you’ve been thinking a lot. You blame it on the crying stars. They make you sentimental. You hurry up, your boots squishing through tears on the pavement. You are finally inside the concert venue just in time for their opening song.  You stand at the elevated part, the farthest from the stage but you’re satisfied with it because it gives you a good view of the whole stage without all those umbrellas blocking you. You clutch the handle of your own umbrella. You notice that you are the only one with the transparent one. All the others have brightly-colored umbrellas. You begin to be conscious. As you contemplate whether or not to just ask to share umbrellas with the girl beside you, the familiar melody blares from the speakers and you forget that only you have a transparent umbrella. The lights are all dimmed and you can only see their silhouettes. Your eyes roam around the stage and settles for a figure on the side who was leaning on one of the tall supporting posts of the stage.

 

Jebal naemal deutja

 

He starts the song and you drown in his deep, husky voice that you absolutely love.

 

Naman bonda haetjana

Jjojanhannom gatjana, oh girl

 

The lights flicker open and you see him in the middle of the stage all suited up and looking right at you. You smile at him and he gives you a smile back and a wink.

 

“KKKIIIYYYAAAHHHHH! P.O.-oppaa just winked at me!!!!!” the girl at your side exclaims at her friend.

 

“Annniiiiyyooo! He smiled at me!!!”

 

You chuckle at this. You stare right ahead. You remember the little note he left on your fridge that morning. You imagine him saying all that he wrote in the post-it.

 

 

Good morning! I prepared you breakfast! Sorry if I had to leave T__T  Jiho-hyung will really scold me if I’m going to be late for rehearsals again. That meanie hyung! Anyway, enjoy your breakfast! And I’ll see you later ^^ You  ARE going to come arasso? See you!

 

P.S. Bring the umbrella I gave you! I know you don’t like it but BRING IT BRING IT BRING IT    

        BRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG IIIITTTT!!! >,< The ahjussi from the weather network said the stars will cry tonight.

       I don't know why. Hmm maybe they're excited that it's the weekend? Kkkkkk

 

P.P.S. Don’t mind the other girls neh? Kyung told me how you got jealous of the fangirls the last time.

           (--,)  As long as you’re there, I will only look at you.

 

P.P.P.S. and look only at me too! I know you have a weakness for Jiho-hyung >.<

 

Ppyong! <3333

 

Yours always,

Adorable maknae of swag Block B. – Pyo Jihoon

 

 

The song ends and the girls are still fighting over who their P.O.-oppa smiled and winked at.

 

“I told you it was me!”

 

“No! It was me okay!!!”

 

“Pff-fine! Let’s just stop this nonsense. It was her who oppa winked and smiled at.”

 

The girl beside you points at you and you just stare at her completely dumbfounded. How did she know? You start to panic.

 

“Her?” her friend asks

 

Yes. It was her.” The girl smiles at you but she notices you are shocked by what she said.

 

“Hey we’re just kidding.” She chuckles, “I just want to settle this stupid fight with my bestfriend.”

 

“Oh.” You heave a sigh of relief and you decide to join in on the joke. “Oh yeah it was me Jihoo- I mean P.O.-oppa smiled and winked at.” You chuckle at the two girls who smile back at you. You turn to look at the stage as another song begins. You look for him again and there he is still looking at you. You realize he was looking at you the whole time you were talking with his fangirls and you understand the quizzical look on his face. You smile at him again and give him a discreet thumbs up. He narrows his eyes at you and pouts. Screams can be heard in response.

 

“CUUTTTIIIEEEE OOPPPPAAAA!!!!”

 

You hear the girl beside you shout and you laugh.

 

He narrows his eyes again as he mouths,

 

“Look only at me.”