Leaving

Leaving

You stood outside the terminal in front of the love of your life. You had already checked in your luggage and had nothing but your messenger bag with you. He was holding your hands and you looked down at them. Looking at his face would only make you cry more.

"Jagiya." He said softly. You could hear the shake of his voice. He was trying not to cry too. Oh God, you couldn't say goodbye. You couldn't let him go. He squeezed your hands and called you again. "Jagi. Look at me please."

You slowly raised your head to meet his gaze, your eyes full of tears about to spill over at any second. You saw tears in his eyes too. That sent yours trailing down your cheeks as your face crumpled with pain. He took you into his arms.

"It's okay, Jagiya. It's only for six months right? Before we know it, you'll be back here in my arms again." He kissed your head as tears trailed down his face.

"I....I don't want to say goodbye." You put your arms around him too and hugged him tightly as if he'd disappear. "God, I'm gonna miss you." He returned the squeeze and you both stayed like that for a minute, not caring who was looking. Then he pulled back to look at you.

"Jagiya. We need to be strong. It's not forever! We will see each other again soon. Just promise me that you will take care of yourself at home. Say hello to your family for me. Soon you will be back and then I'm never letting you go again." He laughed lightly, though you knew he was just trying to keep it together until he was alone and could cry all he wanted.

"Flight 213 is now boarding. Please come to the terminal. Flight 213 is now boarding."

You both looked towards the terminal entrance. Then he turned back to you with fresh tears. Yours had never stopped. He lightly brushed away a tear that had fallen down his cheek and then took your face in his hands. "I will wait for you forever. Come back to me soon, hmm?" His mouth quivered as he tried to control his tears again. Then, slowly, he moved forward and gently kissed your lips. He wrapped his arms around you and deepened it like he was trying to make it last the six months you'd be away. You wrapped your arms around him too and returned the kiss with every ounce of love in you. After a couple of minutes you both pulled away. He pecked your lips one more time and picked up your bag and placed it over your shoulder. "I love you so much." You nodded and wiped your eyes. "I love you too, Donghae. So so much." He took your hand as you both walked towards the terminal doors.

When you reached them, you handed the older woman your ticket and she looked at you with kindness and understanding in her eyes. She then looked at Donghae and offered an encouraging smile, understanding that you both didn't want to say goodbye. Before you walked through the doors leading to the plane you turned back to face the man you loved more than anything in the world. He smiled weakly and waved goodbye. A tear fell down your cheek and you waved back. "Saranghae." You whispered. And he heard you. "Na do saranghae." He said back. Then you turned back and walked through the door and boarded the plane.

As you sat down in your seat, fresh tears spilled as you thought about six months away from him. Luckily for you, you were sitting in business class so there weren't many people around you to witness your sadness. You looked out the window towards the airport windows and could see Donghae standing there, waiting to watch the plane take off. In hopes of him seeing you, even though you didn't think he would, you put your left hand shining with the promise ring he gave you, on the window and stared at him. After a minute, you saw him do the same. You smiled again at how amazingly perfect you were for each other and the plane began to move. You kept your hand on the window and your eyes on him until the plane turned and he was no longer in sight. Then the plane sped up to take off and you were lifted into the sky.

"I am coming back, Donghae. And then I will never leave again." You promised.