When Love Gets in Between

When Love Gets In Between

When Love Get’s in Between

“I like you”, the taller boy fidgeted under the gaze of the boy he was confessing to, gathering courage as he repeated his words as if trying to make the other understand.

The other boy on the other hand just like at him, shaking his head a little bit.

“Aren’t you..going to say something, I just said…”

“I heard you…I…I don’t know what to say”

“Say you like me too..”

“I just..wasn’t expecting this..at least not from you…

The boy confessing smiled a bitter smile. “not from me.. then…”

“Mianhada, Chang Min-ah…I don’t want to hurt you but I don’t feel anything for you..at least..not in that way” and with that, Chang Min was left alone, on the verge of tears as he watch the other guy leave.
 


 


Chang Min turned to face the wall as Jae Joong’s head poked in from the slightly opened door.

“yah! Aren’t you going to get up…foods waiting for you..”

“You guys go eat first, hyung… I’m not hungry…”the younger boy buried his face into his pillow to hide the trace of tears on his face.

Jae Joong’s browse met as he the “baby” of the group. Instead of walking back to the dining room, he walked in and sat beside Chang Min’s bed. Brushing a few strands of hair covering the voice face, he asked him “Chang Min-ah..kwenchana?”

When Chang Min didn’t reply, the older man sighed in defeat and left the room “Talk to me when you’re ready, arasseo…”

----

“Yah, Yoo Chun, Jun Su... have you and Chang Min had a fight”? Yun Ho inquired when Jae Joong came out of Chang Min’s room telling him that he wasn’t able to convince the youngest member.

“No, Hyung..at least none that I can remember” Jun Su grinned and returned his attention back on the television.

 

 


 


Chang Min woke up in the middle of the night feeling his stomach grumbling. His browse meet when he saw the bed on the other side of the room empty but felt relieve nevertheless. Creeping out of the room, he made his way quietly to the kitchen. Ever so slow, he opened the fridge and found some leftovers. Turning back to get some plate, he noticed a note on the door of the fridge

“I know, you’ll be hungry… make sure you finish the food I left for you, you’re Yun Ho hyung wanted to have those for himself

Jae Joong Hyung

Chang Min smiled at his Jae Hyung’s thoughtfulness, he can almost imagine his Yun Ho whining like a child…only when he’s Jae hyung’s around… for the oldest to give him the food but he definitely wasn’t lucky.

Waiting for the food that he placed inside the over, he went over to the table and pulled a seat. Just as he was about to take his eat, he notice that the light was on, most likely, coming from the television since the lights are already off in the living room. Grabbing the remote control of the television, he walk to settle himself on the couch but stopped when he noticed someone.

Lying on the couch was Jun Su while Yoo Chun’s seated on the carpented floor, both are fast asleep.. under the same blanket.

Chang Min suddenly felt a stabbing pain inside of him. He quickly his heels and made his way back to his room. “How dare he!”

----

“Yah! Chang Min-ah..wake up!” Chang Min eyes fluttered open at the sound of Jun Su’s voice.

“What are you doing here?” he snapped at the older boy, surprising Jun Su.

“I.. you haven’t eaten since yesterday, I though I’ll wake you up. I saw the food Jae Hyung left for you..you didn’t eat it.”

“Why do you care!” Standing up, he made his way to the bathroom and slammed the door leaving pained Jun Su.

----

After a few minutes, Chang Min came out already dressed. He stopped from rubbing the towel on his slightly wet hair when he noticed Jun SU sitting at the edge of his bed.

“What are you still doing here?’ he asked, calmly this time.

“Chang Min-ah… I don’t know why you’ve been acting strange and got angry at me lately but whatever it was that I did…” Jun Su paused taking a deep breathe. “Mianhe…”
Chang Min looked at Jun Su, grabbing his jacket, he walked passed the older man leaving Jun Su almost in tears.

“I’ll just take a walk, Hyung.. I need some fresh air”, Chang Min’s word reached Jun Su’s ear as the door wasn’t closed when the youngest left him. Hearing the slamming of the door, he sat back on the bed.

“You okay?” hearing Yoo Chun’s voice, he looked up and find the other man leaning again’s the door.

“Do I look like I’m okay when I know Chang Min’s angry at me”, he snapped making Yoo Chun grinned.

“Well..yeah..i didn’t realize that before I asked” walking towards him, Yoo Chun pulled him up. “Let’s go out…”

“Where to…?’

Yoo Chun looked back at him “we can borrow Yun Ho hyung’s car and we can just drive around’, Yoo Chun finishes as he handed Jun Su his coat, giving his hyungs a knowing look as he grabbed the key that was laying on a cabinet near the door.

---

True to his words, Yoo Chun and Jun Su went out for a drive. They seldom have break from work and driving around Seoul is one of the things they enjoy, aside from watching movies and series with they’re other brothers.

Finally feeling tired after an hour or more of driving, Yoo Chun, who’’s driving, parked their car at a parking lot near a park where they can see people passing by, family sharing a meal while sitting at a picnic table or on the grass or lover’s holding hands, some already seated near the bay to watch the sunset.

They kept the car door open, enough for them to enjoy the things around them and enough for them to hide and not get spotted by some crazy fangirl.

“JaeHo hyung would love to be here”, Jun Su stated as he leaned over to Yoo Chun. “And it would be nice if Chang Min’s here..we can all play soccer or just have a picnic like that family”

Yoo Chun sighed, noticing the change in Jun Su’s mood right away.

“C’mon, Junnie… lighten up”

“How can I when I know my dongsaeng’s angry at me…heck!i don’t even know what made him angry at me”
Yoo Chun felt like his heart was being stabbed when he looked at Jun Su and find him in tears. Turning a to his right as to face Jun Su who was sitting on the left side of the car.

Wiping the other’s tears with his fingers, he leaned over and hugged Jun Su’s slightly shaking body. After a while, Jun Su finally stopped crying.

“Aish! I can’t believe Chang Min made me crazy” Jun Su wiped his tears and threw a smile at Yoo Chun. “Thanks…”

Yoo Chun couldn’t take his eyes off of Jun Su, he was talking but he didn’t understand a word. All he understand is the strong urge of wanting to capture those lips…and he listened to that urge.

Ever so slowly, he cupped Jun Su’s face and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He planned to move away as fast as he can but the moment their lips met, the feelings he been trying to hide got the best of him and soon enough he found himself deepening the kiss.

Jun Su’s eyed opened wider as he realized what Yoo Chun was planning to do. Not knowing how to react, he sat there and waited till he felt Yoo Chun’s lips. At first, it feathery kiss, a soft touch on his lips, in which he responded willingly. Just when he’s inhibitions are getting away, he felt Yoo Chun pull away.

“I.. I’m sorry…” Panic washed over Yoo Chun when he realized what he’s doing so he quickly pulled away before he’s feelings revealed more of himself at this very moment.

Jun Su sighed as he spoke “Let’s just go home…I suddenly feel tired”, Jun Su leaned over and closed his eyes, pretending to fall asleep leaving Yoo Chun with no other choice but start the car and endure a quite ride back home.

 

 

 




Yoo Chun kept on flippin on his bed. Jun Su haven’t spoken to him again since they got home and he doesn’t like the feeling of the other guy avoiding him in the following days after that either

“Jun Su-ah… I know you’re not sleeping yet… Can we talk?” when Jun Su didn’t answered, Yoo chun stood up from his bed crossing the space from his bed to Jun Su’s.

“about earlier, I’m sorry…if you’re angry at me, I’m sorry but please don’t..just don’t ignore me..” he said, almost pleaded.

“are you really sorry...for…for kissing me?’ Jun Su turned to face Yoo Chun.

“of course not!” Yoo Chun snapped at him. “I mean… I’ve..”

“Maybe you feel like throwing up”, Jun Su let out a bitter smile.

“NO! that’s the sweetest kiss I’ve ever had… it’s something I’ve been waiting for…I…” Yoo Chun stopped, realizing what he just said, but to late for Jun Su’s already eyeing him intently. “Jun Su-ah.. Sarangeh… I’ve been in-love with y-hhhmmmp”

Jun Su felt overflowing happiness as Yoo Chun said those words that he, himself couldn’’t control his feelings anymore and pulled Yoo Chun’s face and kissed him with all the love he feels inside towards the other man.

“Nado sarangeh, Yoo Chun-ah… Cheongmal sarangeh”

That night, Jun Su and Yoo Chun slept cuddled against each other.

---

“Finally…” Yun Ho said more to himself when he and Yun Ho decided to check on the others in their rooms.

Jae Joong smiled at the beautiful sight in front of him as well ‘Now, all we have to do is much sure Chang Min’s okay…’

“He’ll be okay…” Jae Joong said worriedly. Yun Ho wrapped his arms around Jae Joong, resting his chin on the his shoulder, they walked out to room.

 

***************

 

 

Chang Min noticed the change in Yoo Chun and Jun Su’s relationship. The two are acting like they’re lovers, almost like their JaeHo hyung.

He kept his eyes on them. Both are in the living room, watching television.Yoo Chun have his arms over Jun Su’s shoulder while the shorter boy would slightly jumped up from his seat whenever his favorite team gets a score.. Once he gets over his excitement, Yoo Chun would then grabbed his hands and pull him to sit back beside him.

When Jun Su excused himself to go to the bathroom, Chang Min followed him.

“Are you and Yoo Chun hyung together?” he asked arrogantly.

Jun Su, surprised wasn’t able to answer immediately.

“Are you?” Chang Min inquired again. “I knew it… you we’re the reason he rejected me when I told him I like him”

“You..like Yoo Chun?” Jun Su asked in shocked. He never thought that…that explains Chang Min’s behaviour towards him for the past weeks. “Chang Min-ah… I didn’t know..”

“you always don’t know anything… you didn’t know that girl was able to come in the dressing room and gave that drink to Yun Ho hyu..”

“Chang Min!” Yun Ho’s voiced echoed down the hallway leading to the bathroom. “What are you saying?”

“isn’t that true… I bet he didn’t know that Jae cried that same night worrying about you hyung…”

“Stop it, Chang Min” Jae Joong had come closer and heard his words while Yoo Chun tried to comfort Jun Su who is now in tears.

“he probably didn’t know..” a slap made Chang Min stopped. Rubbing his cheeks, he looked at his Jae Hyung who was responsible for it. “Hyung...?”

“I told you to stop, didn’t I?!” Jae Joong tried to keep his composure but he,,himself was surprise with what he have done. “Don’t talk to your Hyung that way!’

Chang Min hissed, throwing a sharp glance at Jun Su. Yun Ho finally interrupted. “Jae, calm down..” he then signaled Yoo Chun to take Jun Su away for a while.

“I’m sorry, Chang Min-ah, Yun Ho hyung.. I didn’t mean to hurt you, I’m really sorry…” with that Jun Su released himself from Yoo Chun’s arms and sprinted out.

“Jun Su-ah!” Yoo Chun followed leaving a still fuming Jae Joong and a now, somehow calmer Chang Min.

“I’m sorry, JaeHo hyung… I don’t know what’s gotten into me…” Chang Min started sobbing as he seek for comfort from his JaeHo hyung.

Running his hand at the younger boy’s hair, Jae Joong “you only have to apologize to your Jun Su hyung, Chang Min-ah..no one else but Jun Su…”

“I’m such a horrible dongsaeng...” Chang Min finally cried at his JaeHo hyung.

“Sssshh… you’re not… don’t you ever think you’re horrible,okay?”

“But I am…” Chang Min tried to argue,

“Okay, who wants some ice cream?” Yun Ho caught the other two’s attention as he waved a cup on his hands and a galloon of vanilla ice cream on the other. The oldest and youngest boy chuckled, temporarily forgetting what just occurred.
---

“Jun Su!” Yoo Chun called out to the boy for the nth time. Jun Su surely runs fast, he can’t seem to catch up. “Damn!!!” he muttered to himself when he turned to a corner where Jun Su turned and yet Jun Su was nowhere to be found. Looking for Jun Su like crazy, he finally gave in when Yun Ho told him to come back. “Where are you, Jun Su?”

---

Jun Su finally stopped running. He have reached the playground that was quite far from their apartment and he managed to lost Yoo Chun when he hid under the dark behind the bushes. He didn’t want Yoo Chun to see him cry or his hyungs. He looked up to the starless sky as he leaned on one of the slides and then sitting on one of the swings.

He smiled a bitter smile. Maybe he really doesn’t know anything, maybe Chang Min’s right. If he had known better, maybe, he wouldn’t have let that girl came close to his Yun Ho Hyung. He doesn’t know if he’ll be able to forgive himself if something happened to him or to any of them. If he had known better, he might have been able to figure out why Chang Min was acting the way he had been acting, then he wouldn’t have hurt Chang Min.

“Hy.. hyung..” Jun Su looked up and find Chang Min standing behind him.

“What are you doing here...? You will get Jae hyung worried.

Suddenly, Chang Min squatted in front of him “I’m sorry, hyung... I’m really really really sorry… I didn’t know what came over me that I said what I said..and I know I can’t take them back…and I’ll understand if you can’t forgive but still, I’m sorry, hyung…” Chang Min tried not to cry but his tears rolled down his cheeks anyways.

How ironic, he hated his hyung, he wanted to hate Jun Su but he can’t even with all those time he was giving him a cold shoulder for the past few weeks and now here he is finally realizing how stupid he was feeling all scared thinking his hyung will hate him.

Jun Su looked at the young man in front of him. Seeing Chang Min right now, looking helpless reminded him of the boy he first met 3 years ago. The boy who wouldn’t talk to them unless they spoke to him and when he speak, he uses such formality that they would sometimes feel a bit awkward. The boy who’s obsession for Harry Potter is still something he can’t understand. The same boy who calls him Hyung and make him feel an overly protective older brother especially when their JaeHo hyung’s not around.

“if you promise to play soccer with me every time we get a broken, then I’ll forgive you…” he chuckled when he saw the shock on Chang Min’s face.

Chang Min grinned “No problemo!”

----

“Finally, we can have some peace at home…” Jae Joong’s voice coming from behind startled Jun Su.

“What are you guys doing here?!”

Yun Ho came forward placing an arrm over Jae Joong’s shoulder “waiting for our babies to make up, of course…”

Yoo Chun chuckled hearing his hyung’s word.

“What? Any complaints?” Jae Joong glared at him. Yoo Chun raised his hand up in the aor and shook his hand.

“na-uh…”

Yun Ho looked at Chang Min and then at Jun Su “Shall we go then?”

“Where too…?” Jun Su asked as he stood up on his feet.

Jae Joong shrugged his shoulder.”Anywhere.. we seldom get a break, might as well make the most of it, right”

“Then, what are we still sitting and standing her for…” Yoo Chun pulled Jun Su up from the swing and offered a hand to Chang Min who was still sitting on a squatting position. As the boy accepted his hand, he mouthed a simple “thank you” to the youngest member of their family which Chang Min answered with a small.

The four oldest man started walking towards their car, Chang Min watched his Hyung’s back. It might take a while before he got over the feelings he developed for Yoo Chun but he’d rather have his Jun Su hyung that anything else.

“Hey, what are you still doing in there smiling like an idiot?”, Yoo Chun snapped him out of his though,

“Nothing…’ and he run after them. “this is TVXQ…my family” he though as he got into their car.