In the end

Childhood Memories

When Aoi woke up, the cherry trees were blossoming outside his hospital room. Uruha and Kai both cried on him while Reita and Ruki stood by their side, smiling softly. When Aoi got home from the hospital, he packed all his things and left, despite Uruha's tears and protest. He didn't tell anyone where he went, but after a while of living alone he started running out of money as he stopped going to work and spent all his money on cigarettes and alcohol.

One night he was kicked out of a bar for starting a fight, and Ruki, who was on his way home - he had moved out from Reita's apartment and now lived with Kai - saw him bruised up in a street. He helped Aoi into his home and let him stay there. As Aoi lived with Ruki, he realized how much he had missed Kai's presence - maybe it was because Kai had never let go of him during the time he was in coma.

As Aoi requested, Ruki didn't tell Reita or Uruha about Aoi's current state. Eventually the three of them moved out of Tokyo, since Kai's state hadn't gotten better at all and they figured time in a calmer place would do good for him. And so they moved to Aoi's childhood town, which was very small and by the sea. It was a place where nothing really happened, and where anyone could live a relaxed and laid-back life.

Aoi found a job from a local café, while Ruki stayed home in their little house by the sea, taking care of Kai who immediately started feeling better, his mental wounds slowly and bit by bit healing. They became a family, and soon Aoi realized he loved the both of them more than he had ever loved Uruha - which was so much he couldn't even describe how he felt towards Ruki and Kai.

...

Meanwhile Reita and Uruha still lived in Tokyo, running the snackshop. Uruha was still very depressed by the fact Aoi had left and he hadn't heard anything about him, but he was happy to live with Reita like he had always wanted to.

One day, after three years from the day Aoi woke up, Uruha received a long, heart-warming e-mail from his ex-lover.

Uruha,

I have no idea how I'm supposed to put this all in words. First of all, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left you, but I know Reita is taking good care of you and that you'll be happy with him - it's what you always wanted, right?

I'm also sorry for not contacting you, but as I said, I've had hard time putting this in words. Everything that has happened has been so indescribable, I'm not sure if I can even explain it to you properly. But you deserve to know, so I'll at least try.

Me, Ruki and Kai live in Mie, in the town where I grew up. It's really quiet here, and Kai has been feeling a lot better - he's not completely healed, of course, but at least he's not as paranoid as before and is a bit more relaxed when talking. In fact, he's good enough you two could come and visit us sometime. I'll write down our new address in the end of this e-mail.  He's actually continued cooking, he spends most of his time in the kitchen!

Anyway, after I left you, I got into a horrible state. I don't even know how many days - or even weeks - I spent pouring alcohol down my throat, trying to forget you and convince myself I can get over you. But Ruki helped me to recover, and he's still very helpful. He mostly stays home with Kai, cleans up, goes for grocery shopping and stuff like that. I work in a nearby café, and I've ended up serving my mom pretty much every day there.

What I've noticed during these few years I've spent with Ruki and Kai is that how close I've become to them. I feel like I'm supposed to protect Kai with my own life, and he means so much to me I'm not sure if I'd be able to continue living if he was removed from my life. And Ruki... Three years ago, I would've never imagined to say this, but I love him. I never before realized how caring he is, or how soft his voice is when he speaks to his loved ones. And well, to put it simply, I'm not the only one with these feelings. It's kind of like a three-way relationship we have going on, and I think we all love each other more than I ever loved you - I'm sorry, babe, but don't worry. I still love you too :)

In other news, Kai really loves it here. We spend all possible time by the beach just beside our house, and he likes playing in the shore - we're not letting him go any deeper into the water just yet - and he collects seashells all the time, we have a huge glass jar full of them in our home. Ruki likes the place too, he thinks it nice to breathe fresh ocean air and feel the salty wind. And I... I love to be back here. It brings back so much memories - I remember catching my own lunch from the sea when I was little! :D

I hope Reita's taking good care of you . If he isn't, I'm gonna come there and kill him - but I don't think I have to do that, because I know how much he loves you. Hopefully you'll be able to visit soon, Ruki is dying to have someone to gossip with - I bet you'd be a perfect person for that role.

Our address: XXX

I still love you,

Aoi

Uruha smiled to himself as he finished reading the e-mail, and felt tears rising into his eyes. Reita, who had read the message behind his back, chuckled and said: "We could close the snackshop for the next weekend. What do you say if we pay a visit in Mie?"

"I'd love to", Uruha replied happily and gave Reita a kiss on his lips. Then he glanced at the e-mail and suddenly realized something. Frowning, he muttered: "Rei-chan, you never told me why you didn't reply to any of my e-mails."

"Oh, that..." Reita said and suddenly blushed, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. Uruha raised his eyebrow. "Go on..."

"Well, remember Miyavi from my class? Well, he did a little prank on me, it's a really long story... A funny one, though..."

________________________________________

And there we go! It's finally finished! I left an open ending in case of a sequel and/or Ruki's POV of the story :)

So what do you think? The ending is a little rushed in my opinion, and this last chapter was a bit too short, but I still liked it! I know it might be a bit weird to have Aoi, Ruki and Kai all being together, but I couldn't leave anyone alone, could I? Besides, I think they'd make a sweet little family :)

What comes to Reita and Uruha, they'll live happily ever after with no more drama! And Miyavi? Oh, him, I just had to give him a little credit in the end there :D But you can all figure out by yourselves what kind of a prank he pulled on Reita!

Aoi, Ruki and Kai will also live happily ever after without any drama, 'cuz Kai's ex was involved in an accident. Which Aoi and Reita were involved in too, but unlike Kai's ex, they didn't die (I never told you guys who the drunk driver was, did I?)

Remember to leave a comment, I wanna see some critisism on my first completed fic :D

Until we see next time, bye!