Chapter 1

Falling In Love With My Bestfriend

 

“euhmm, what should I buy again?” im wandering around the market, my manager ask me to buy ingredients.

“ack!” I bumped someone and some ingredients I’ve bought are fall away. “joeseonghamnida..” I bow and take all my goods. That person help me to taking my goods.

“it’s okay, miss. You need to be more carefull.”

“Bang Yongguk? Are you Bang Yongguk?”

“Jeon Hyosung? Woah it’s amazing, I can meet you again here.” He grinning.

“Ah, right. So, how’s life? It’s been..eum, 4 years since we’ve graduated right?”

“Yeah, right. So far so good, what about you?

“Same with you. Ah, I’m working at cake shop now, do you wanna come?” I offered him.

“Sure, why not?” then we walking together. He is Bang Yongguk, my best friend when I was on High School but we didn’t meet for 4 years because we’re busy with our own business.

 

***************

 

“ta-dah~ it’s the cake that I made today, hope you like it.” I put the cake and a cup of tea infront of him.

“so delicious, you doing good.” He smiled. “Anyway, can I ask your kakaotalk ID? So we can contact with each others again.”

“Sure. Give me your phone, I’ll add by my own.” I smiled.

“Ah, do you know hyosungie, I missed you a lot anyway. So long time no see your wide smile.” He laughed.

“I miss you too, it has been so long time we didn’t hear any news of each others.”

And we talking about so much things.

“Thanks for the cake, I should go home now. I’ll chat you later, see you.” He poke my cheeks.

“Arasseo, see you.” Im waving at him and he waving back.

“Who’s him? Your crush?” Suddenly someone stand behind me.

“Yak! Han Sunhwa, don’t surprising me!” I pats her shoulder.

“Hahaha It’s because you stare at him until he’s disappear.”

“Aigoo~ he’s just my old best friend and we didn’t meet each others for so long time.”

 

*bell rings*

“Hello, what’s today special cake?”

“Ah, Kim Himchan-ssi. Annyeong haseyo.” We bowing at him. He’s our costumer since several months ago.

“What do you make today, hyo?”

“Aigoo this boy. You always asking Hyosung eonni everytime you come here. You wanna eat cake or meet her?” Sunhwa interrupting.

“I wanna eat cake that her made, why? Problem?” Himchan replied.

“Aish you two~ stop!” I stare at them. “Sit down there, I’ll bring you the cake.”

Sunhwa just looking at laughing.

 

****************

 

It’s almost closing but Himchan still sit there, I don’t know what he want. I’m tired and I wanna go back soon.

“Eonni, Daehyun already infront of this shop. Can I leave first?” Sunhwa asked me.

“Okay, go first. I’ll close after Himchan-ssi already back.”

“Thanks eonni, I’ll come early tomorrow.” Sunhwa hug me and she left.

“Sorry, Sir. I don’t mean to be rude, but it’s already time to closing this shop. So can you leave?” I asked Himchan.

“Oh really? Okay, how much I should pay?”

“5000 Won.” I said with cleaning the table.

He gave me the money. “Need help?”

“No, you can leave.”

“Why you’re so cold today? Are you tired?” He asked me.

“Yeah I’m so tired, so please leave as soon as possible so I can close this shop. Do u understand, sir?” I tried to smile.

“Okay, good luck and go back safely.” He pats my back and leave.

 

*******************

 

Finally I’ve finished cleaning and closing the shop, I’m walking to the bus station now.

*tring..tring..* my phone ringing.

Ah, new kakaotalk message.

“Bang Yongguk:

Hi, already back home or still working?”

“Me:

I’m on my way to home, why eh?”

“Bang Yongguk:

Oh, take care. I’ll catch you later kkk”

“Me:

I’ll chat you when I’m home. See you.”

 

********************

 

Me and Yongguk always talking on Kakaotalk everytime, and he asked me to meet today after work.

“Eonni, you look so happy today.” Sunhwa pats my back and smiling.

“Ah really? It’s just your feeling.” I’m sticking out my tounge.

“Sunhwa-ya, can I leave early? I have an appointment with someone, I’m sorry..”

“It’s okay eonni-ya, I always leave you alone. Now it’s your turn, go. Go. Kkk~”

“Thank you, see you tomorrow!” I’m waving at her.

 

*******************

 

I’m checking my phone, a new kakaotalk message from Yongguk.

“Bang Yongguk:

Let’s meet on ramyeon restaurant near your working place, I’m here.”

I’m running to the restaurant as fast as I can.

 

********************

 

“Hello, sorry for make you waiting.” I’m apologize and sit infront of him.

“Gwaenchana, I also just arrived and I’ve ordered for you.” He grinned.

“Ah thank you, Bang Yongguk jjang!” I raised my two thumbs up and he laughed.

“I wanna bite your cheek, really.”

“Yak! Don’t bite me. I’m not a mochi or bread.” I’m pouting and he laughing again.

Our ramyeon already served and we starting to eat.

“Hyosungie, can I ask something? But make sure you won’t laughing.”

“Mhmm, just ask me.” I still enjoying my ramyun.

“Ah, but I’m sure you’ll laugh.”

“I won’t laugh. Ask me now.”

“Err..how was your ex asked you to be his gf?” I’m choking when he asked that and I can see he’s blushing.

“Babo hyo, why till choking like that” he give me a glass of water.

“Thank you. I just surprised you suddenly asked that, what kind of question is that?” I’m laughing.

“Ah, I like someone. I just don’t know how to say it and asking her to be my girl.” He staring at other side.

Suddenly my heart feels so hurt and my tears starting to flow, but I’m holding it as I can.

“Aigoo~ babo yonggukie, just say ‘saranghae, do u wanna be my girl?’ then finish.” I pretend to laugh and eat my ramyun again.

“Why ur eyes so teary? Is it so spicy?”

“Yeah, and it’s the effect of choked but I’m alright. So, who’s that girl? Aigoo aigoo~ this boy has been grown up.” I pretend to be okay and keep teasing him.

“Her name is Song Jieun, I know her from my friend. She’s so nice, sweet, perfect for me. She’s the first person that can make me think about her all day and night.” I can see he’s in love from his eyes, but more he talking about that girl, more my heart getting hurt.

“Aigoo~ this ramyun is soooo spicy ah.” I wipe my tears.

“Are you okay? Stop eating then, let’s go back.” He’s grab my hand.

 

***************

 

After that night, everytime he send me message on KKT is just about her, always her. My heart hurting a lot but I keep give him the advice, however I wanna see him happy eventhough it’s not with me.

“Eonni-ya, why do you look so sad? Do you wanna tell me?” Sunhwa pats my shoulder and hug me.

“Sunhwa-ya..i just knew the fact that when we love someone but that person is loving another one is so hurt..” I wipe my tears.

“Who’s that guy? Kim Himchan? Or someone that came several days ago?”

*tring..tring..* one new KKT messaged.

“Bang Yongguk:

Hyosungie, I’ve told her about my feeling and she said yes. I’m so happy right now.”

I just can sigh a lot when I see this message.

“Eonni-ya..” Sunhwa ask with her worry face.

“I’m alright..as best friend I just can support him, right?” I smiling and wipe my tears.

“Me:

Congrats. Hope u’ll happy :)”

I keep sigh-ing after send that message.

 

*bell rings*

“Yo, girls. I bring you something today.” Himchan come and bring some foods for us. “What’s wrong with you?” he stare at me.

“Ah, give that foods to me. I’m soooo hungry, I’ll eat first ne~” Sunhwa grab the food and she’s go to the kitchen and leave us alone.

“Jun Hyosung, are you alright?” Himchan asking me.

“yeah, im alright.” I try to smile as wide as I can.

“Weird, I know u’re not.” He pats my head. “Jun Hyosung, do u know? I love you.” He suddenly kiss my cheek.

“Kim Himchan!! What are you doing?” I push him away.

“I love you, do you wanna be my girlfriend?” he hug me and I just noded. Maybe it’s the best way to forget Yongguk.