Confessions 3: Key's Heart

A Long Overdued Confession

 

Jonghyun: Bummie gimme a kisshhh~~ (൬♡౩♡)൬

KEY POV

 

I sat there with my fingers entwined with Jonghyun hyung gawking like an idiot. For surely I must look like an idiot with my jaw on the floor but I think anyone's reaction to what I had just heard would've been the same. I had come here hesitant, to confess once and for all and tell him how i felt but instead when I had entered the room it had been him who had done all the talking. He had beaten me to it and confessed. I still couldn't believe I'd heard right. The love of my life was looking at me hopefully and worriedly as he held my hands tightly awaiting my response to his confession. Jonghyun hyung had really just told me he love me! And that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me! How many nights had I lain awake struggling with these emotions, locking them up in the day when I was around him so that he didn't notice anything strange and here we were sitting in the hospital and he was waiting for my response to his confession! I had been expecting the opposite of this situation. I'd been preparing myself on the walk from the hospital room to his for his silence not for me to be the one in shock and he to be the one enduring my silence.

I didn't know when it was that I had fallen for Jonghyun hyung. All I knew was that I had shared many great memories with him. It was true that there was no one who knew me like he did. When I had been homesick it was he who soothed me, whatever problem I encountered it had always been hyung who i would turn to help me. He was the one I'd always poured out my sorrows to and it was always he who made the effort to solve all my problems. Little by little, the feelings had started to develop. Every playful things she said, every playful touch held a deeper meaning to me but I had brushed them off pretending that they were nothing to me. I would've never thought that he had any feelings for me. On any day had someone told me that Jonghyun hyung would confess to me and whisk me off into the sunset on his white horse I would've laughed at them and told them they needed psychiatric attention. Sure I had held secret hopes that he might feel the same way I do or at least a smidgen of what I felt for him. I would've taken even that and run with it and yet here I was in his hospital room and he had handed me the entire neatly wrapped package of his whole heart with a nice red bow on it. My brain was having some serious trouble processing it and so the silence continued as I tried to find the words to speak to him.

I looked down at our hands entwined and then up to his face. The sweating palms and worried eyes were the only sign he gave that he was nervous about my response. I stared at his face as if I had never seen it before. That beautiful face, that sharp jaw line, those pink lips, those beautiful brown eyes and then finally my eyes came to his nose; or rather where his nose is supposed to be. With his nose bandaged up like that he looked quite comical and so I started giggling. He frowned slightly at me startled by what was obviously not the response he was expecting after my lengthy silence. I couldn't help it, the giggles had turned into a full scale laughter. Now he was staring at me with a different kind of worry in his eyes. After everything that had happened it felt good to just laugh while I held his hands. He was safe, he was here with me, he was going to be alright and he loved me. Yes he was going to be alright and no one was going to take him away from me. He was mine to have and miracles only happen ever so often and so I was going to count my blessings and snatch what was mine.

"Kibum..." he asked worriedly biting his lips. Now my attention had gone one hundred percent to his lips and I thought of how nice it would be to have those lips on mine, on me..everywhere...and my breath hitched as the wild laughter subsided. Yes I was gonna claim this man for my own and I was gonna start that right now. The answer as to how to reply had come simply to me in my moment of hysterical laughter after I had caught sight of him biting his lips. I wanted to be the one biting those lips and so I leaned forward and pressed my lips lightly to his. His eyes widened and his lips parted in surprise.

"I love you too hyung." I whispered against his lips and his fingers clutched mine tightly. "I've loved you for a very long time now. I just never knew how to tell you. Hyung I want to spend forever in your arms."

And then I was crushed into a tight hug and I sighed with happiness as I felt his muscular arms around. I was home. This was where I belonged. Where ever Jonghyun hyung was was where my home was. I held onto him tightly and buried my head into the nook of his neck, breathing him in; well him and hospital.

"Kibum.." He said again but this time it was as if my name was a blessing and planted a light kiss on my neck that made me shivered in delight. "Kibum" Yes say my name again. The sound of my name on his lips was the most beautiful thing ever. "Kibum.." He nuzzled my neck and I giggled. Oh~This right here was Heaven. I pulled back with a sigh and stared at him remembering how worried I had been when I'd first heard of his accident. He pouted and moved to pull me back into his arms and that was when I punched him in his stomach.

"Ouch!" He winced doubling over staring at me confused. "What was that for?"

"That.." I began my lips trembling. Oh God I wasn't gonna cry again was I? "That was for making me worried sick. Don't ever do that to me again." I moved to get up from the bed but he grabbed my hand and tugged me back down. I was now lying half way on top of him. One of his arm wound around me and the other came up to wipe my tears away.

"I'm so sorry, love." He said lifting my head up to his. The sincerity shining brightly in his eyes. "I don't ever want to see you cry ever again. Forgive me, Bummie?" He pouted at the last part and I couldn't help it, I smiled and nodded. A blinding smile lit up his face taking my breath away. God I love that 100 megawatt smile of his.

"Whoa. Please don't blind with your smile, hyung." I said playfully shielding my eyes with my right hand.

"Call me 'oppa'."He said teasingly as he grabbed my arm. OMG! Did he really just say that?

"Oh you!" I laughed and tried to hit him but he had my hand in a tight grip. "You are incurable." I made to hit him again to no avail. So I settled to pout at him,

"Oh no you don't! No more hitting Kim Kibum," He leaned down and lightly brushed his lips over mine. We couldn't properly kiss thanks to his bandaged nose. "This is such an annoyance. I can't wait to get this off so I could kiss you properly."

I laughed. "You look really funny with it." He glared at me and I laugh again. "Oppa~♡"

His eyes widened and then he grinned. "That's my Bummie~"

I don't know how long we laid like that snuggling together. All I know was that I was blissfully happy right where I was even though I had a severe case of cramp in my leg. I shifted and then got up only to be pulled down back by Jonghyun hyung.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked smiling like a content baby.

"My legs fell asleep." I said as I wiggled my leg a bit an winced.

"Oh." He let me go and we both got into the sitting position. "Sorry. That must hurt. Try putting pressure on them."

I wiggled my legs trying to shake life back into them painfully. He poked at my leg while I shook them and that was how the others came and found us. Me shaking my legs. Him poking at my leg. Us chuckling as we tried to bring my legs back to life.

 

a/n so how'd you like it? ლ(^o^ლ) 

       AH! IT'S JONGHYUN OPPA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY~~

      

       HAPPY BIRTHDAY OPPA!! Did you wish him happy birthday?

      

       I heard he had a successful surgery and is at home resting~~

       rest and comeback to us smiling brightly~ oppa  saranghaeyo!