Confessions 2: Jonghyun's Heart

A Long Overdued Confession

JONGHYUN POV

 

At the sound of the door opening I opened my eyes and there he was. Kim Kibum. He was looking hesitantly into the room and I smiled beckoning him in. He closed the door and came to stand by the bed. The doctors had told me that he had fainted from exhaustion yesterday and was resting in the hospital. I had been so worried about him. I had asked the doctor if he could tell him that I wanted to see him when he was awake and now here he was. I patted the space on the bed and he sat after a brief moment of hesitation. I took his hands in mine and found to my surprise that they were cold.

"Hyung..." He said and I looked up at him. Even in his bedraggled state he was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. He was the one who held my heart and I intended to let him know. But before that, I entwined our fingers and stared at him before he turned away quickly. Was that a light blush I see? Hmm.. "Hyung how do feel?" He asked turning to look at me sadly. I frowned. I didn't want that look on his beautiful face.

"I'm better." I said and even to my ears I sounded funny. It was like I had a stuffy nose from the flu. "I heard you fainted yesterday. How are you feeling? Your hands are so cold"

He moved to withdraw his hands but I held on steady. "I'm fine. I was more worried about you. Do you have any idea how worried I was about you? How worried we all were?" He asked his lips trembling and he turned away quickly but not before I saw the tears forming in his eyes.

"Key," I breathed softly the sight of his tears like sharp nails in my heart. I don't want to see him cry and the fact that I was responsible for it even more. "Kibum don't cry please. I'm sorry. God I'm such a lousy person."

"Yes you are." he muttered hoarsely "Do you have any idea how much you made me spent? They would just not stop falling. God I swear the other probably thought i'd gone bonkers. It's all your fault."

"I'm so sorry Kibum...I...I'll be more careful from now on. I promise. Please stop crying." I pleaded softly sitting up. Using my free hand I turned his head to me. The sight of his tear filled eyes and trembling lips just break my heart. I had caused my baby so much pain. As I wiped away the tears, a thought occurred to me. If it had hurt him this much then perhaps maybe..just maybe..he felt the same way for me as I felt for him. A flame of hope lit in my heart and I took courage from that. I reached out and took both of his hands into mine as his tears subsided. It was now or never.

"Kim Kibum," I began seriously and he looked at me sensing the change in my tone. I almost got lost in those beautiful brown eyes of his. Hastily I looked down at our hands and got my scattered thoughts together. "There's something I want to say to you. Well, there's actually alot of things that I want to say to you."

"Hyung?" was all he said quietly. "Hyung there's some things I need to tell you as well."

"Let me speak first. I have wasted enough time as it is all ready. Years upon years of time and I don't want to waste anymore." I said squeezing his hands. He looked at me confused. "You have always been there for me no matter the situation. If I needed someone to talk to it was you I turned to. If I needed comfort you were always there to offer it to me. No one knows me like you do Kibum and I highly doubt anyone ever will. I have so many happy memories with you and sad memories as well for we have laughed together, cried together and occasionally fought with each other of trivial things at time. You knew me before I became SHINee's Bling Bling Jonghyun and you accepted me for who i was. I don't think I've ever told you how grateful I was to have you in my life and so Key I'm telling you. Thank you for accepting me and caring for me for all these years, from the hash days as trainees to our rise to fame as SHINee to present day. Thank you for always being the one I could turn to."

There was nothing but silence after I'd spoken and then I heard the soft sound of a sob and looked up in alarm to find Key crying again. "What? Was it something I said? Did I say something wrong?" I asked in surprised as tears continue to roll down his cheek. He shook his head. "I meant every word of what I just said you know. I swear Kibum. Don't cry."

He shook his head again. "You are such an idiot," he said with a watery smile. Huh? Well of all the things I expected to hear. That certainly wasn't one of it. "Did the accident do something to your brain or something? Or did it bring on a personality change? Where is all of this coming from all of a sudden??" He was clearly confused and so I took a deep breath and plunged into the unknown waters. It was sink or swim. Whether I sink or swim depended on Key.

With a deep breath I drew our hands up to my cheek. "I'm just being honest about what I think about you and how I feel about you. I find you to be the most beautiful person I've ever met. Everything about is different and refreshing. You make me happy and you make me feel good about myself. I hate it when I see you cry and I'm the happiest when you're smiling that extraordinary smile. I think your no makeup face is just as handsome as your makeup face, your bedraggled look just a appealing as your properly dressed look and pretty much what I'm saying is that you are like an angel to me. Everything about you draw me in. Everything you do intrigue me. Sure there are times when you get a bit annoying but even then you make a pretty impressive figure. You have a kind and good heart, always caring for others." I sighed as he looked even more confused but in his eyes there was a flicker of hope burning. I took that as a sign and plunged into the deepest part of the water. Looking deeply into his eyes and baring my soul for him to see I confessed. "I guess what I'm trying to say Kibum is that I love you. And I don't mean familial or friendly love. I mean I love you like a person loves his lover. Well you're not my lover..yet...but you get my point. I LOVE YOU KIM KIBUM AND IF YOU WOULD HAVE ME I'D LIKE TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH YOU." There I had finally said it. Key's mouth had fallen open and not a word came out of his mouth. I swallowed nervously waiting for him to take it all in.

 

a/n wahh~~ now that's how i'd like to be proposed to~~~ ♡(☬ω☬)人(☫ω☫)♥

  

    things are getting hot~~ ♥━━ヾ(●´v’)人(’v`○)ノ━━♥