Three

Iced Green Tea Latte

Kevin sits in the unoccupied table, just accross the cashier. He's staring to space again. His fingers are busy fiddling with his drink's straw. He checks his phone. He feels that there should be something in his phone, be it a message or a call. But there are only applications and features that are faithfully filling his phone. There's nothing more. Even though he feels that something's definitely wrong, that thing is just not there.

Well truth hurts.

he thinks.

He sighs heavily. Rubbing the bridge of his nose, he storms out from the coffehouse. He can't give his didi a cold cake, after all.

With that, he gets out of the place, starts his car, and drives back home.

Little did he know that there's someone that has been eyeing his every moves.

Little did she know that he had been doing the exact same thing to her the whole time.


You are staring at your phone's screen. Old messages from your best friend piled up in your phone's inbox. You try hard to fight back the stubborn fat tears that about to roll over your cheeks, despite the fact that your eyes are burning, filling up with hot tears.

Luckily, your shift has just ended. Packing your things up, you head home.


"Didi...... Gege's home!" Kevin chirps out happily, getting out of the car, closing the car's door shut and a bag of banana chocolate chip cake in his other hand. The younger greets him happily and takes the bag from his hand. The two head in the house.

Bringing the cake upstairs to his room, he wants to do homework while eating cake, he said, Kevin follows his didi upstairs.

Munching on his cake, the younger starts to make a conversation.

"Ge, Mom called when you were out" the younger says. "Oh yeah? What did she say?"

The younger shrugs, "She asked where you were, asked me what was I doing, have we both eaten..... and the rest is the same. Don't forget to take your medicine, ge." he munches again on his cake. Kevin puffs out his cheeks, blowing his bangs out. He sighs. "I will call Mom again."

The younger only stares back at his gege, still munching on his cake innocently, not to mention that his homeworks are completely neglected because he's too busy on his cake "Okay."


"Kevin! Were you at Starbucks again?"

Kevin sighs. Rubbing his forehead with his thumb, he answers his Mom's question "Yeah Mom. Sort of. How are you and Dad doing?"

We're doing fine, Son, and you should too, at the end of the phone he can hear his Dad's answer. He chuckles. He can also hear his Mom's stiffled laugh and his Dad's happy laugh. "Your Dad has answered your question. So have you taken your medicine?" His smile falters. "No, Mom. Just... No. I'm tired of taking medicines. Can I..... Stop?"

"Li Jia Heng" his Mom starts. Here comes avalanche. "You have to take your medicine, honey, so you can get well faster. Besides, you need to do recordings with your friends as soon as possible, am I right or am I right?" he huffs. Like it or not, his Mom is right. He needs to go back recording with EXO, preparing for the group comeback. As far as he knows, there was something happened and the group's comeback needs to be postponed. And that something, happened to him. But again, he cannot really remember what was happened.

"Fine, Mom. I'll take the medicine," there's a pause in the air "Do... Do you think I will get better soon?" Kevin croaks out, his voice in a whisper.

"Believe me, honey. You will." his Mom's soft voice somehow manages to soothe him a little.

"Mom? Can I bring the guys home? I think I'm gonna do some chit-chats for our comebacks"

"Sure, Kevin! Just make sure you're not too tired, okay? Mom and Dad will be home in a week" he smiles.

"That's awesome! Are we going to do movie nights and barbecue party like usual?" Kevin's hopeful voice makes his Mom chuckles.

"Of course. Bring your friends too. That'll be fun!"

Kevin smiles. "Okay. See you guys in a week, yeah? I gotta go, Mom. Love you."

With that, he hangs up and starts to dial his groupmates's number, telling them to come to his house.