I kissed... They kissed... He kissed... We kissed...

I kissed... They kissed... He kissed... We kissed...

 

Kibum froze and felt his heart stop.

This wasn’t happening. This was not happening. Jonghyun and Taemin weren’t kissing. They couldn’t possibly be kissing. Because if they were what would happen with Kibum and Jonghyun?

That was his initial thoughts. Then Kibum felt his body flood with life again as they broke apart and looked at Jinki, who smiled apologetically at him.

Fan-service, he concluded. Their manager or someone in the company had for some godforsaken reason decided that Jonghyun and Taemin would look hot together and told them to kiss. It was all probably thanks to Super Junior, Kibum thought irritably.

He felt his nerves calm down as well as his mind. It was okay, he told himself, there’s no need to get anxious over fan-service. It was after all just that, fan-service. Kibum had done it himself on several occasions with other people besides Jonghyun.

Although, you never went that far, an annoying little voice piped up in his head as they continued with their show.

He and Jonghyun somehow managed to stay away from each other for the rest of the evening. Even if it wasn’t intentional Kibum couldn’t help feeling a little relieved. That resulted in that they didn’t get a chance to talk it through at all since their schedule ran late and they weren’t back home until after midnight when everyone just wanted to take a shower and go to bed.

Kibum walked down the hallway in their new dorm after taking a shower later that evening to his room. They had all gotten their own rooms when they had moved and Kibum had kept his things there to not raise suspicion from their manager. However, he often slept, almost always, in Jonghyun's room. Although this night something held him back and he directed his steps to his own room intending to stay there and not sneak further down the hallway. On his way he saw the lights were still on in Taemin's room, which was strange since he supposedly had gone to bed quite a while ago being the first of them taking a shower, and opened the door to find the maknae sitting on the bed, staring out into space. Kibum cleared his throat to get his attention and smiled slightly when Taemin met his eyes dazedly.

“Where’s Onew-Hyung?” he asked to simply start a conversation since he felt somehow awkward. He had noticed the absence of the leader as he had walked past his empty wide-open room.

Taemin looked at him as if it took a few moments for his brain to process what he had said and form an understandable answer.

“In the kitchen.” He said sounding as dazed as he looked.

Kibum nodded and headed for the door upon hearing that. He couldn’t let Jinki eat this late at night.

“Um... Hyung?”

He turned around and raised his eyebrows questioningly, waiting for Taemin’s question. Taemin was still looking at him dazedly.

“What?”

The youngest looked at him some more and finally opened his mouth again.

“I kissed Jonghyun-Hyung.”

Kibum had to let out a small and short laugh at the expression on his face. It was a mix of horror, daze and embarrassment, which made him look hilarious and adorable at the same time. Taemin blinked at him as if he was crazy.

“I know.” Kibum answered and bit his lip to not start laughing at his expression, not really knowing what the maknae wanted him to say.

Taemin studied his face. “And you’re not mad?”

Kibum shrugged, laughter dying out. Truthfully, his blood started to boil at the very thought of what had happened but since none of them had apparently done it with the utmost enthusiasm he decided to let it go.

He smiled at Taemin’s relieved face. “Go to bed, Tae, you look beat. I’m going to go get Jinki to bed, too.”

Taemin nodded and wriggled himself under his covers.

“G’night, Hyung.” Came a muffled voice and Kibum turned the lights off as he left the room in his quest to hunt the leader down.

He would never admit to feeling a little nervous about bumping into a special someone on his way to the kitchen but thankfully the other two seemed to have completely retreated to their rooms and he found Jinki alone in the kitchen, leaning against the counter and clutching a glass of water.

“What are you doing?” Kibum asked as he stepped inside and added in a warning tone: “I hope you’re not eating.”

He studied Kibum’s face for a moment, not unlike Taemin. “Actually, I would have but since there’s no chicken I lost my appetite.”

Kibum rolled his eyes. “Good. You should get to bed.”

He nodded and poured the water remaining in his glass in the sink. “I will.”

Kibum gave him a bob of his head and turned around to go to his room but stopped as Jinki opened his mouth again.

“They kissed.”

Kibum closed his eyes and sighed. Jinki too?

“Seriously? I just had this conversation with Taemin.”

“And you’re not-” Kibum could practically hear the smile in his voice.

“No, I am not mad.” He said and turned back to their leader. It was partly true, partly false. But why would he want to make the situation uncomfortable for everyone in the dorm. “But all of you shoving it in my face will make me mad.”

Jinki shrugged and put the glass to dry after having washed it, looking indifferent. “As long as you realise it wasn’t because they really wanted to.”

“Yes.” Kibum sighed, feeling deflated, and walked out of the kitchen before Jinki could say anything else, wondering when everyone would let it go.

Although it felt a little strange not having anyone beside him in the bed, Kibum forced himself to fall asleep. He would not give in to his desire to go slip under Jonghyun’s covers.

He found Minho sitting in the living room and reading a book the next morning on his way back from the bathroom. He stretched and yawned as he went to sit down beside him, not wanting to go laydown again and drag out his feeling of morning laziness.

“He kissed Taemin.” Minho said as soon as his touched the couch.

Kibum let out an exasperated sigh and leaned his head back on the couch’s back, closing his eyes. This was really getting on his nerves.

“What is it with you people?” he muttered. “One normal conversation with a band-member, that’s all I ask.”

Minho chuckled. “Well, you haven’t said anything.”

“Because I know the reason why. Besides, what’s done is done. What am I supposed to do about it? I’m open for ideas.” Kibum squinted one eye open to look at Minho.

He shrugged and smiled a crooked smile. “But I think you should talk to Jonghyun anyway.”

Kibum filled his cheeks with air and blew it out noisily, squeezing his eyes shut again as Minho went back to his book. Well, if he talked about it with Jonghyun would everyone stop waiting for his outburst of anger and jealousy? Because that seemed to be the biggest problem for them all even though Kibum hadn’t even planned to get angry or jealous. Not for the others to see, at least. He knew it hadn’t been either Jonghyun’s or Taemin’s decision to kiss.

“He’s still sleeping.” Minho said subtly without looking up and Kibum opened his eyes to look at him questioningly.

Minho glanced at him and raised his eyebrows. “Well, go talk to him.”

He grimaced but got up and headed for Jonghyun’s room, hoping that this would end their seemingly endless string of ‘Jonghyun and Taemin kissed’.

“I don’t want to hear any funny noises though!” Minho called quietly after him just as he stepped out of the living room. Kibum shook his head to himself.

He stopped outside the door to Jonghyun’s room, hesitating and feeling more nervous than he should. It didn’t really make sense, they had already spent nights together and all that.

Kibum sighed for what seemed the hundredth time and opened the door, not wanting to drag it out anymore but feeling like just turning around at the same time.

“Jonghyun?” he murmured into the dark room.

There was a rustle of sheets as Jonghyun turned around to face him.

“Kibum?” his voice was low and rough and it sent small shivers up Kibum's spine. It seemed like Kibum had woke him up.

“Yeah, can I come in?”

He didn’t wait for the answer as he stepped inside and closed the door behind him in case he would change his mind.

“Why do you even ask?” Jonghyun muttered sleepily.

Kibum smiled a little and approached the bed. Jonghyun was lying on his back with closed eyes and the covers only over the lower part of his body, drifting off to dreamland again. Kibum was glad he was wearing a t-shirt otherwise he would be in an uncomfortable situation by now. Jonghyun didn’t look to be in the right state of mind to have a conversation either, as he was still very much asleep, so Kibum bent down and placed his lips close to his ear.

“I’m sorry I woke you up, I’ll talk to you later.” He whispered and made for the door.

Jonghyun’s hand shot out at the speed of light, grabbing his wrist and pulling him down on the bed. Kibum let out a little squeal but flopped down beside him, instinctively turning so that he could put his arm around Jonghyun’s waist and Jonghyun buried his nose in his hair.

“G’morning.” He murmured.

Kibum inhaled the scent of him and closed his eyes. They lay quiet like that for a while. Kibum didn’t really want to bring up the subject about Jonghyun and Taemin kissing when they were like that. He wanted to just absorb the feel of him. It turned out that he didn’t have to do it himself anyway.

“I kissed Taemin.” Jonghyun almost whispered after a few minutes.

Kibum let out a disgruntled huff of air and sat up, looking down at him.

“I know already!” he said exasperatedly. “Why do all of you keep insisting on showing it in my face like this? Is this some sort of conspiracy? Give me a break! Seriously!”

Jonghyun blinked up at him. “Wait... everyone?”

Kibum threw his hands up in frustration. “Yes, everyone! What’s done is done! What do all of you want me to do?!”

“Well I-I... don’t know...” Jonghyun said uncertainly and frowned.

Kibum made an involuntary, angry pout and crossed his arms. This was getting ridiculous. Jonghyun reached up to tug at Kibum's arm closest to him and Kibum let himself be coaxed down into his embrace again.

“Sorry.” Jonghyun murmured into his hair and kissed the top of his head.

Kibum sighed. “It’s not your fault.”

He felt Jonghyun shrug and then chuckle.

“But, I actually kind of wanted you to be jealous.”

Kibum looked up at him with big eyes.

“I am.” He said seriously and Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

“Really, now?” he raised one eyebrow. “How come I haven’t noticed?”

Kibum laughed softly. “Do you want me to act like a y girl on PMS? Would that be easier for you?”

Jonghyun shook his head vigorously. “No, I like the nice Kibum.”

Kibum smiled at him.

“But this,” Kibum took Jonghyun’s face in his hands and pulled his moth down on his own, biting Jonghyun’s bottom lip, “only I can do this, from now on.”

Jonghyun’s mouth pulled up in a smile. “I’m not complaining.”

And he leaned in to kiss Kibum again, deepening it this time. Although when Jonghyun sneaked a hand under his shirt Kibum stopped him.

“As much as I want to,” he breathed, “the others are here and probably awake. Plus, Minho said no funny noises.”

Jonghyun frowned. “What?”

“Nothing.” Kibum chuckled.

He got out of the bed and pulled Jonghyun with him to the door, giving him an once-over and making sure that it didn’t look like they had just had a make-out session, not that it mattered but you know...

The other three looked up at them as they entered the kitchen hand in hand and sat down in their seats to eat breakfast.

“What have you two been doing?” Jinki asked, looking as if he regretted the question the moment it left his mouth.

Kibum and Jonghyun met each other’s eyes and Kibum smiled at the leader.

“We kissed.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'll be honest, I almost forgot to upload this >_<

So, this will probably be the last bit to Hot Mess :/ I'll start a new story soon, when I have decided which one to do ^_^' 

I hope you enjoyed, have a great morning/day/night and I'll be back!! ;D

Bye! <3