Chapter 2

Forgotten~Hiatus

The Letter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kai, I’m moving to New York.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*sigh*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You can do this. Hwaiting!” I said trying to encourage myself as I stood in front of my bathroom mirror.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kai, I’m going to study abroad in New York.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*sigh*I went back to my room and grabbed the blank piece of paper, unused pen and empty envelope that had been sitting at my desk for weeks.

 

 

 

I can’t avoid it any longer. I thought as I sat down and began to write. I kept pausing every now and then, tapping my head or the desk with my pencil and then continue to write. When I was finished I folded the letter and put it inside the envelope. I closed it and flipped it over. Picking up my pen again I began to write “To Kai...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 _____________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I knew Kai wouldn’t be home today so I got dressed and headed to his house. I knocked on the door a couple of times until his mom opened the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, Eunjo-ah, it’s you. I’m sorry but Jongin isn’t home today.” She said. I was used to Kai’s mom calling him by his real name by now. It had confused me a little when we were kids but as we got older I understood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s ok, I know he’s not. I was just wondering if you could give this to him.” I said handing her the envelope with Kai’s name on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sure Sweetie, I’ll give it to him as soon as he gets home.” She was about to turn away when I stopped her, she looked back at me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Could you give it to him on Tuesday, please? It’s just the valentine’s card I give him each year.” I smiled meekly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ok Dear, I’ll be sure to give it to him then.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Thank you, I’ll be going now.” I bowed and turned to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I got home I started to pack my bag. Little did she, nor anyone outside my family, know that I’ll be leaving on Tuesday… Valentine’s Day.