25th

Thank You

All of the memories came rushing back like a wave. Soon tears were welling up in her eyes, and Jiyong opened his mouth but no words came out. Jihoo looked back and forth at his mother and the mystery man with a confused face. He tugged at Mihi's bottoms and she looked down, startled as if remembering he was there.

"Yes, sweetie?" Her voice cracked.

"What's wong, mama?" He asked in English. She crouched down and pat his head.

"Nothing, Jihoo, go and play. I need...to talk to...this man." Jiyong's heart was stabbed a million times when he heard that. All he was to her was a man, just one of the many. Jihoo blinked innocently up at the two tensed adults and nods.

"Yes, mama." He skips over to the play area and climbs all over. Mihi bites her lip and gestures towards a nearby bench that was just in the right angle to watch her son. She's about to sit down when she sees Jiyong take off his coat and lays it down where she would sit. She bites her lip but accepts it and sits down. It was quiet besides the sounds of birds and Jihoo playing.

"So...how have you been?" He asked her as he looked down at his shoes. She gulped and turned her head to look at him.

"I....I've been okay." She confessed. Truly, if she did not have Jihoo, she would've died in her heart and mind long ago. She would've gone back to the time where Kenneth broke up with her. "I...also...saw how you've been." He bit his lips and put his face in his hands.

"I know. I'm a mess. I just....God I can't even begin to say....how sorry I am and how much I've regretted saying those words to you." He looked up at the sky. "Because, no words are good enough for your ears. You deserve words from God or Buddha himself. I don't even deserve to be able to talk to you. Hell, I'm still....." He stopped his words when he realized he had no right to say such things. How could he? He broke her heart while breaking his soul. She might've moved on, she has a son even.

"Say it." Her soft voice rasped with tears threatening to spill. "Look me in the eyes...and say it." Her voice cracked as she finished the sentence. Jiyong slowly turned his face and saw her, really saw her in her rawest form. Her hair slightly messy, nose red, eyes puffy and spilling but she never looked more beautiful than then. His eyes devoured her face and Mihi couldn't help herself from doing the same. His eyes were tired and old. He had slight wrinkles from all of his fake smiles and his forehead had crinkles from all the worries. His hair was nearly dead since how often he dyed his hair. But he was more handsome than before.

"I'm still in love with you, Lee Mihi." He whispered so quietly that she would've not have heard it if wind blew by. Her eyes widened and then softened. "But I know these words alone will not mend the damage I have done to you. Nothing could. But I swear to you, my heart has never strayed. Your's might have but not mine." Anger swelled in her heart.

SLAP!

Jiyong's eyes widened enormously and he whipped his head to her with a confused look.

"How DARE you say that, Jiyong! Why would you think MY heart strayed? Has it not occured to you that i still love you as well!? Or did you not think of my feelings!?" She nearly screamed as she fumed with fury.

"What....why....but....you have...a son." He stammered and she sighed, irritated.

"Yes, we have a son." His eyes, as if they could, grew bigger.

"Wh..what? We?" She nodded and he looked at Jihoo then at them and repeat. She would have laughed if she wasn't angry. "When?" He almost demanded and looked intently at his son, memorizing all of him. "How much did I miss?" She bit her lip and looked at her son.

"It's going to be his 3rd birthday in two months." She confessed. His fists tightened and self-loathing began.

"I missed....3 years of his life. I missed his first step, word and sentence." He said to himself as tears nearly flowed. Guilt built in her heart but she was still angry. "I know that we cannot immediately go back as to how we were, maybe not ever. But, can we start over again?" Jiyong looked into her eyes. That was what he needed. He needed her back in his life. He need to talk to her everyday, see her face without his heart clenching up and feel her as often as he could. Mihi bit her lip in thought and her mind went into her memories. How much she missed him, how she didn't think she could make it through life without him but then Jihoo was born and he was almost enough. But...she needed him. She needed to hear his voice everyday, see him as often as she could and just be near him.

"Please." And that was all he needed to pull her into an embrace as they silently cried into each other's shoulders.

"I missed you so much. Did you hear my songs?" He quietly asked and she nodded. "Did you hear Window?" She shook her head and, with one arm still around her, he grabbed his headphones and phone and put the buds into ears with them plugged in. The song began and again her heart clenched.

"I felt the same way. 3 years of no words from you. Your face seemed so dead, Jiyong. Your smiles were gone and the light went out in your eyes." She pressed her cheek on his shoulder. "You got skinnier. Maybe skinnier than me. I'll force food down your throat." She smile trembled and a shaky laugh shook them.

"I know."

"I missed you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

No this is not over. I am going to rebuild their relationship so stay tuned?