The Talks

Love Blossom: In the Oddest Way

 

infinite.gif
chapter two
»the talks
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
"Ah, first love, why do you so much?"
All eyes immediately turned to the voice, seeing a smiling Kim Taeyeon with her new suitor, freshman Yook Sungjae, beside her. Her grin widened a bit more when she saw the deathly look from her brother, Myungsoo.
"What do you mean, noona?" Sungjong asked, completely naive at what she meant.
"Well," she began and looked towards the somewhat crowded soccer field, "let's just say that we have a new lover boy today."
"Lover boy?" Sunggyu repeated, equally oblivious. "Who?"
Taeyeon hummed, ignoring her brother, "Hmm... who is it? Ah! He's stupid, pathetic and really arrogant."
"Noona, that doesn't help us," Woohyun said, scratching his head. "Can you at least give us a definite clue?"
"I think I know who it is," Dongwoo commented all of a sudden, a playful smirk plastered on his lips as he looked around the group.
"Really?" Taeyeon asked enthusiastically while clapping her hands. "Tell me."
And, like the kids they used to be back then, Dongwoo leaned in towards while the older girl offered her ear to hear what he was about to say. After a moment of silence,  Taeyeon giggled and nodded, making Dongwoo smirk in satisfaction.
Myungsoo, meanwhile balled his fists inside his pocket, knowing that his seemingly iac sister and bastard of a friend were making fun of his ridiculous love life. His stare hardened at the two when they looked at him and smiled a mischievous smile.
Those who had no idea what was happening just stared dubiously, wishing that they knew who they were talking about. Luckily, it was Lee Howon, Dongwoo's bestfriend, who caught the secret knowing glances at Myungsoo.
"Hah! I knew it! It is true! L likes Dasom-ssaem!" Hoya quickly blurted with a victorious beam, throwing his arms up the air.
The others widened their eyes like saucers, even the silent Sungjae who watched in fascination at their weirdly childish interaction, turning their heads at the equally perplexed suspect.
Kim Myungsoo's nose turned red and he squeaked out of habit- the sign that he was guilty and nervous about it.
The INFINITE leader snorted, "It is you, then? And here I thought my mind decieved me when you introduced yourself at Dasom-ssaem, blushing!"
"L, I didn't expect that this day would come. Good to experience it, dude," Sungyeol joked, patting Myungsoo on the back. "I feel really honored."
He could only grit his teeth in embarassment. This was not the image he wanted everyone to remember, 'The Boy Who Fell Hopelessly In Love with His Coach's Fiancee'. No, definitely not! And so, to save face, he sneered, "Like that would happen. Are you all deranged or something? Because I'm not. No. Never in my entire life would I like a woman who's eight years older than me. I'm not that des-"
"Hey, guys," Dasom, then, greeted with a sweet smile, not knowing that Myungsoo was in between of defending himself and lying. 
Right then, in the group's, Taeyeon's and Sungjae's amazement, they watched how Myungsoo stopped midway and bowed ninety degrees at Dasom with a nervous and vigorous "Nice to see you ssaem" greeting coming out of his mouth.
"Oh, me, too, Myungsoo ssi," the woman replied back awkwardly, staring at the still bowing student. "You can stand up now."
They- Myungsoo and Dasom's seven audience- hid their hysterical laughter under their hands at the undesirable grimace that Myungsoo had on. He looked so constipated that nobody dared to speak for any chances that they may burst out of laughter, causing more trouble on Myungsoo's behalf, which they agreed to not do mentally.
Dasom, on the other hand, gave a forced smile, her expression akin to discomfort. "Well, I should go. I... have some things to do. Uhm, see you guys later?"
They nodded in response, gleefully anticipating what would Myungsoo do at the woman's departure. And, to their fortune, when the young teacher sent a real smile at the younger Kim before leaving, they could literally see stars floating above the boy's head, meaning that Kim Myungsoo, Ice Prince, has definitely lost it.
"So, you were saying?" Taeyeon teased.
 
**
 
Since the idea about his infatuation with Kim Dasom is proved to be correct, Myungsoo tried his best to not choke his friends whenever they bring it up. But, unfortunately, he can't. They were the only ones who knows his secret so having endanger their lives with his bare hands can cause more trouble. For that, he hated them. Sort of.
"Psst. L!" 
"Hmm?" he mumbled, chin leaning against the palm where his elbow that was placed on his desk is connected with.
"Can you wipe your mouth for God's sake? You're drooling."
And as if he was pulled out of the water, Myungsoo sat up, quickly running a hand to his wet chin. He turned to his left, seeing a laughing Hoya and Sunggyu and a couple of girls who were giggling while blushing madly.
"Is there something wrong?" they heard Dasom ask in front of the class, a book and a chalk in both her hands. When they all shook their head, she went back on writing on the board, oblivious at the look Myungsoo was giving on her backside.
 
**
 
"It's bad, noona," Hoya reported, "bad, I say!"
"Really?" she squealed after swallowing the spoonful of fried rice served by her suitor of the week, No Minwoo, another freshman. "How so?"
Sunggyu and Hoya looked at each other then to Myungsoo, he was, as expected, silent as ever. 
"He was checking her out. In front of the class," Sunggyu whispered, making sure that they were the only that could hear. 
Taeyeon's mouth fell agape. She, then, turned to her brother and gave him a slap on the shoulder, "God, Myungsoo ah. I didn't realize that you're such a ert."
"I am not a ert," Myungsoo countered, rubbing the sore spot that she hit.
Hoya smirked, "Like your drool isn't the evidence. See? You have dry saliva... there."
Myungsoo widened his eyes as the others began to study the lower part of his face, to where the dry liquid Hoya pointed, was placed.
"Damn, hyung. You disgust me," Sungjong commented with a grimace, stabbing the steak in front of him.
There came a silence between them all- apart from Minwoo's constant flirting with Taeyeon- when Dongwoo looked up and placed his fork on the table rather too loudly, catching everybody's attention.
"We need a plan," he said.
Myungsoo raised a brow, suspecting that the matter was still in toll. "What plan?" he asked.
Dongwoo turned to him with a critical eye, "We're going to woo her."
"Woo who?" Sungyeol mused. "Dasom-ssaem?"
The questionee nodded, earning a confused look from everyone on the table. They, Myungsoo included, all seemed interested.
"Okay, count me in. What is it?"

 

 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 author's note 
 
» hey y'all, it's me --keikobear, saeoh-chan's beta-reader, editor, proofreader and sidekick.
sorry for the wait. here ya go :)

saeoh-chan: the brain/ plot maker/ dialog do-er

--keikobear: the betareader.