Chapter One

Almond Blossom

       A drop in the ocean,
A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most,
'Cause you are my heaven.(A Drop in the Ocean - Ron Pope)

*Bae Su Ji

 

               Ten... nine...

I a ragged breath and arranged my things with trembling hands.

               eight... seven...

My eyes were glued on the clock as the teacher arranged his things.

           six... five...

I blinked and tried to hold back the moist in my eyes that is threatening to fall.

          four... three...

I heard a whisper  that held my name with a giggle and a silent laughter.

          two... one... RIIIIIIIING!

I grabbed my things and rushed out of the room. The sudden movement that I made caused my tears to fall. I furiously wiped my cheek with the back of my hand and proceed to the floor where my next subject is.

          Why am I so weak?

I walked slowly and tried to calm myself.

          Breathe Su ji.... In an hour you'll be out of here... Just one more class and you're done...

Physics. Last class of the day.

           Hallelujah!

I entered the room, went to my table and took a sit. After a few minutes later I heard the chair beside me moved. I moved my head to the right and met a deep, brown eyes that belonged to my best friend, Kim Myungsoo. I looked away.

     "Hey." he said looking at me.

     "Hi." I choked out, not returning his gaze.

     "Are you alright? You don't sound good." He asked.

I coughed silently and swallowed, trying to fix my voice.

     "I'm fine." I half lied. Physically, yes. Emotionally, no.

     "Oh...kay." he said doubtedly. "How was your day?"

I deeply inhaled and sighed.

     "It was... good." I said as my voice wavered at the last word.

     "Look at me." He ordered gently as he grab my chin softly with his warm and gentle hands to meet his gaze. "What happened?"

I shook my head away from his hands. And avoided his eyes again.

     "It's nothing."

     "Su ji, Tell m-" He tried to say, but was cut off by Mr. Kang entering the room.

We stood up and greeted the teacher. And after that, the teacher immediately started a lecture.

The whole time, I can see in my peripheral vision that Myungsoo was looking at me like he's waiting for me to look at him. But I never returned his gaze, and I can tell that he is worried and will not let this go. Right now, It feels like the time is painfully slow... because all I wanted to do right now is to lay in my bed and cry all night. 

    END OF CHAPTER ONE