Losing Control

Terra Nova

 

 “Hello, I am Do Kyungsoo and this guy here is my friend, Xi Luhan.” Owl Eyes—Do Kyungsoo—said in a perfect English accent. Freaking English accent! Enough said.

“Finally, I can understand!” Even though I don’t trust them, it is good I could be able to communicate with them. By the way, those are very strange names.

“Name’s Kate Johnson. What about this girl?” I pointed to the sleeping girl beside me.

Cute Blond—Xi Luhan—seemed to be struggling with something. “Not know,” He said in shaky and not perfect yet understandable English. His hand went through his blond hair, he seemed frustrated. He nudged his friend and started talking again in that language I couldn’t understand.

“He says he understands and knows basic words in English mostly when they’re spoken at a normal speed.” I didn’t know if all this was an act or something for me to take pity for him, but something warmed up inside me. He reminded me of someone I hold dear in my heart more than no one. But who was that someone?

“Thank you,” I felt my lips betraying my true feelings. Why was I smiling, when I know I can’t trust these strangers? “I appreciate your effort.” I said slowly so he could understand. He grinned cutely and did an okay sign with both hands.

“Well,” Kyungsoo started. “Kate, do you know how you ended up here?” That was a very good question.

“I-I don’t know.” Why was I here? I felt myself frown as I thought deeper and deeper trying to find something. I closed my eyes for better concentration. My eyes widened at what I realized.

There was nothing in my mind. My hands found my head and started massaging it. No, I must be imagining things. I kept looking for something to come up in my mind. Nope, nothing, nada. My mind was blank except for my name. How that’s possible?

“I don’t remember anything.” I mumbled, feeling defenseless. Who am I? Where did I come from? Did I have a family? There was no answer to my questions. My eyes stung, tears threatened to come out but I wouldn’t let them. I felt defenseless, but I won’t let my walls come down. I wouldn’t let these strangers watch me cry.

“Are you okay?” That voice. I opened my eyes to my left and found Kyungsoo beside me with a worried expression. His eyes kept looking at mine for an answer but I refused to give him one.

“Where did you find me?” I asked leaving my arms to my side once again and acting as if I didn’t have a mental breakdown. I almost forgot there was another girl beside me. “I mean us.”

Luhan had that ‘thinking hard’ look he had later. Maybe he’s thinking of something to tell me. “Coast” He said proud of his achievement. But I wasn’t.

“Coast? As in a beach coast?” Why did that word inflict so much fear in me? I feel my hands shaking. It seemed couldn’t hide my fear since the two men before me were looking worriedly at me. I bit my bottom lip so it would stop shaking too.

With shaking feet I stood up. How could I stand up when I felt any strength in my body leaving me, I didn’t understand. My feet moved by themselves passing by Luhan and Kyungsoo. My eyes were fixed at the cave’s exit which was covered by a curtain of vines.

“Where are you going?” I heard Kyungsoo ask. I could hear a rustle of clothes, they were both standing up. But my mouth wouldn’t listen to me as well as my feet. I couldn’t answer them, but they kept following me. I slowly opened my way through the vines. I tensed.

I was welcomed by the sight of the calm ocean and the moon lighting the dark scenery.

Oh, Why? Why couldn’t I just keep myself inside the cave? Kate, calm yourself down. Just breathe and turn around. But my body wouldn’t answer. I was frozen in this spot. This was too much for me. I can’t handle it anymore.

Then, my walls broke down.

I yelled. I screamed. Tears found their way through my cheeks. Now it wasn’t just my arms and legs shaking, it was all of me. I hugged myself, wanting to feel warm. But what really made me warm was the body that was now pressing against me. Strong arms circled my body. I was altered, I couldn’t process whose body was it right now.

 “Kate, calm down please.” He said hugging me closer. His voice whispering sweet nothings helped but my eyes were still fixed in the calmed ocean. What an irony, it was calmed yet that wasn’t what it made me feel like.

Suddenly, I screamed again as new tears came down. I felt a great pain in my stomach and then my back. But someone was hugging me, bringing me warmth and a little bit of sanity. Was it a memory?

I was struggling in his arms even though I wanted and needed the support this person was giving me. “No! Why again?!” What did I meant with that? Again? Had this happened before to me?

I felt a deep pain in my head and felt . It was a strange sensation quite difficult to explain, but it felt as if someone was in my now altered blank head. My hands grabbed the man’s shirt, my walls had broken down but this feeling was a new whole level of feeling vulnerable.

Sleep

So, my eyes turned back and all remaining strength was drained from me leaving me unconscious in the arms of whoever this man was. 

 


 

A/N: Why is Kate so afraid and hysteric about the ocean? That's a secret ;) 

Waaa I'm so lazy TT^TT But I really like this story and want to update more :P

I'll do my best :3