Owl Eyes and Cute Blond

Terra Nova

 

As soon as I woke up I knew I wasn’t in my home. This rough floor isn’t the comfortable bed I slept at last night. There was a strong salty smell in the air and I was sure it wasn’t the kind of salty smell that came from Father’s gym. This clean salty smell disturbed me for some reason I couldn’t quite pinpoint. The smell of fire also was in the air.

Abruptly I stood up alert and ready to attack anyone who would try to burn me. I needed to find out where I was. Fire was never a good thing. But confusion wasn’t good either.

Okay, am I in a cave? Surprised, my hands decide to touch the rough surface. I have never been inside a cave. As I inspect further this wall, I notice some drawings. It looked as if some kids drew it, really. There were all type of what seemed like animals and people. These people were smiling and petting the animals.

I lightly hit my head, remembering in what situation I was. I could keep looking at the drawings later. I can’t let my guard down. I turn around to find out I was the one who was backwards. A pair of chocolate brown eyes looked at me surprised. Those eyes were so round and big they reminded me of an owl. I had to suppress a laugh at that. There was some sort of light illuminating the eyes’ owner and the cave we were in.

I looked down and found a bonfire good enough to warm anyone inside here. I silently thanked whoever made it, didn’t notice how cold I was. 

To my right there was a girl sleeping. She looked somewhat my age, though she might be a little bit younger. Long blonde hair with brown lowlights and fair white skin, she also seemed to be skinny. She was blessed with a striking beauty. The only proof of humanity in this girl could be her rising and falling chest. Or else she’ll be deemed as a perfect doll.

My head turned at the sound of a man’s voice. It was the owner of the owl eyes. He had yelled at something or someone maybe outside the cave. He seemed like he was talking in a language I couldn’t comprehend. His eyes came back to mine.

Suddenly, I became very self-conscious under the stare of his beautiful big round eyes. The light of the fire against his fair white skin didn’t help either. His pitch black hair could make the night jealous. But his eyes were the most striking thing about him. I had to lower my head looking at the bonfire. No way in Earth I could continue that stare contest, I felt as if he was looking at my soul through my eyes. I couldn’t allow that kind of vulnerability.

Another man’s voice joined saying something which seemed to be directed to me since he was looking at me. A dirty blond man with the cutest face I’ve ever seen was talking to me and I didn’t understand a bit.

Am I in an alien planet or what? Or am I finally losing it?

Both men looked at me expecting something. Maybe they asked something? Noticing I didn’t come up with an answer, Cute Blond frowned and talked to the Owl Eyes. Yup, I wasn’t losing it.

“Sorry, but I don’t understand a word you’re saying.” I said in hope they somehow recognize my language.

Cute Blond raised an eyebrow in confusion and said something to his friend. Owl Eyes face palmed at whatever he said and seemed to explain something to him. Cute Blond seemed to be a lot more confused than Owl Eyes since he kept frowning. Now he crossed his arms over his chest. Owl Eyes chuckled. They seemed like good friends, but still I must stay alert. Though, watching them was like watching a Charlie Chaplin movie version where they talk in a foreign language and everything has color.

Owl Eyes was now facing me.  “Hello, I am Do Kyungsoo and this guy here is my friend, Xi Luhan.” 

 


A/N: And so, the first chapter ends. What do you think of it? I would like to hear your opinions :3

Also, I based Luhan's and Kyungsoo's description on the hair dyes and cuts I liked the most:

 

Aren't they so gourgeous? <3<3 *^*

[13-06-15 Edit] I had to rewrite this chapter and the next one because I decided to make this story in the girls' P.O.V instead of a third P.O.V, I guess it could be more enjoyable and mysterious this way ;D I have maaany maaaany surprises for the future chapters :3