III

Celestial Being

 

“Tao” Kris called out which made take the mirror out of his backpack. “I’ve got something new to tell you.”

Ever since they started spending more time with each other, Kris’ memory came back little by little and he made sure Tao knew about them. Tao raised the mirror to be able to look at Kris directly in the eye when he talked, knowing that Kris really appreciates it when he does so.

“What is it?” Tao asked.

Kris closed his eyes, trying to recall the vague memory once again. “I used to be . . . this person’s guardian angel.” He paused “I’m not sure if that person was a girl or a boy, all I know is that he/she wasn’t like most of the humans assigned to me.” He paused again. “That person’s different.”

Tao remained silent and was all ears, listening to Kris who couldn’t stop talking about this anonymous person. “Even though I wasn’t able to see what that person looked like, I’m sure that he/she’s perfect . . .  I wonder if that person’s the reason why I’m here.”

Tao tried his best not to look at Kris at times like this because behind his manly appearance, Kris is actually a very sensitive person and seeing him at times like this just breaks Tao’s heart.

-Kris POV-

There it was again. The look that Tao gave him every single time he mentions his memories just annoyed the crap out of him. Tao’s a sweet kid and all but Kris just really hates it when people pitied him.

“Stop looking at me like that. I don’t need your sympathy.” Kris chuckled hoping that Tao would do so as well but unfortunately, he didn’t. His eyes widened and all he could do was blink at Kris.

“What?” Tao asked

“Forget what I said.”

“No. “ Tao sighed “Did you ever ask me about my life?”

Before Kris could even respond, Tao interrupted him. “No. You never did.” Placing the mirror on the shelf, Tao paced the room while ranting. He would occasionally raise his arms in the air to express his emotions. “It’s always about you.” Tao sat on his bed which was in front of the shelf to look at Kris as he talked. “You don’t even know the hell I go through every day” He said, cupping his face.

“Tao, I’m so sorry.”

“Well.” Tao scoffed. He stood up from his position and walked towards the door. “I don’t need your sympathy.”
Heading out of the house, he decided to take a short walk which might be able to help him get his mind off things. “Why do I feel like this when it comes to him?” He thought, tugging on his hair and sat on a bolder nearby. “What’s happening to me?”

Upon throwing a pebble at a lake nearby, something caught his eye from the other side of the bank. Something was floating in midair which seemed to be a ball of fire and lured Tao towards it. Taking his sneakers off, Tao went in the lake and swam to the other side to find out what that thing was. Upon arriving there, the ball of fire was out of sight and Tao wandered around the forest, determined to find it. As he was walking, he heard the sounds of twigs breaking and leaves rustling which sent chills down his spine.

“Who’s there?” He asked but the only response he got was an owl’s _____ which scared him out even more.

“Boy” Someone called from behind, making him skip a heartbeat and upon turning around; he saw a group of hikers approaching.

“What are you doing out here?” The eldest looking man asked. “And why are you soaking wet?”

“I thought I saw something.” Tao replied, peeking behind the group to see if anything was there. The man removed his jacket and wrapped it around Tao. “Be careful boy. There are a lot of stories about this forest.”

Tao blinked at the man and nodded slowly. “I will. Thank you.”

Taking another look behind the group, Tao saw a hooded figure leaning on a tree. His cloak covered most of his face except for his lips which were curled into a sinister smirk. The man seemed to be saying something and it was a good thing that Tao was pretty good at lip reading.

The three words that came out of the man’s mouth made Tao freeze in his position, turning him as white as snow.

“I’m watching you.”

----

Are you guys happeh? I updated after 1237217843781278740 years XD Enjoy.