I

Celestial Being

Chapter 1

Yi fan was lost and being trapped in this dimension for who knows how long, he forgot who he was. For decades, he searched and searched for a possible way out but always ended up walking in never ending circles. He pondered upon a certain thought. What did he do to deserve being imprisoned in this lockup? For hundreds of years, he tried to escape but lately, he had been losing hope. As he was walking around this isolated wasteland, the ground started to shake.

*So this is how I’m going to die. Through an earthquake. Well! Thank you Archangels!* He thought that he was going to fall into the pits of hell but he suddenly felt this world being lifted up and was surprised to see another face looking at him with the same questioning look. As he reached out his hand to feel the creature’s face, his hand suddenly bumped into a glass which seemed to separate them from each other and that’s when he realized it. They imprisoned him inside a mirror.

+ + + +

As Tao was walking through the forest on the way to his cabin where he usually hides from everybody who tried to make his life miserable, a sparkle of light blinded his eyes. He saw that it came from an object which was hit by the rays of sun, laid down by the bushes. Looking closer, he saw that it was a rusty old mirror with an intricate design. Regardless of its age, the mirror still looked breath taking. Tao grabbed the mirror from the ground and wiped off the dust particles on its glass using his shirt. After doing so, he noticed a figure which looked a person inside. It seemed impossible though so to make sure that he wasn’t hallucinating, he rubbed his eyes and it turns out that it was all real. The figure walked closer and in a blink of an eye, they were face to face with each other. He didn’t seem to know that he was inside a mirror and reached his hand out towards Tao and upon realizing that he was encaged, his expression immediately dropped, leaving a confused look on his eyes which made Tao’s heart break into a million pieces. Seeing this figure inside a mirror freaked him out but he would never forgive himself if he left this mirror so he placed it in his bag, not wanting to look at it at the moment.

+ + + +

Yifan looked around but all he could see was pitch black. *Where was this creature taking me?* He thought. His surroundings kept on flipping and turning. He was probably inside the creature’s bag. Yifan wondered, *what kind of creature was this? I’ve surely never seen one before or maybe I have . . .  I just don’t remember.* Ever since he had been imprisoned in the mirror, his memory started to fade day by day until he couldn’t remember anything anymore. It was probably because of the insanity brought by living in lonesome place. Yifan doesn’t even remember what he looked like. Maybe he looked like the creature? He didn’t know. After a few minutes of thinking, the shaking suddenly stopped. He was probably in the creature’s lair and he waited for the creature to take him out. The bright rays of sunshine hit his eyes as the creature laid down his bag on the table adjacent to the window and opened his bag to take the mirror out. Yifan closed his eyes and upon opening them after a few seconds, he was once again face to face with the creature. Yifan looked at the creature in awe. It’s been decades since he has seen such a marvelous beauty such.

“What are you” He whispered to himself but it seemed that it was loud enough for the creature to hear.

The stranger blinked at him “W-What?”

Yifan blinked as well. *He can talk?* He thought and repeated what he said “W-What are you?”

+ + + +

Tao was caught by surprise upon hearing this. *Why is he asking me this? Wasn’t he human as well?* he thought. The man looked human except for the wings attached to his back.

“I’m . . .” He paused, looking for the right word that could fully explain to the creature what he was

 “A human”

The figure looked at him, obviously not knowing what he just said by the dazed look on his face.

“You don’t know what a human is?” Tao asked in reply to the figure’s confused face.

The figure shook his head. Tao sighed and took out every book in his shelf that could possibly explain what a human was. He brought out anatomy books, history books and religious books.

*This is probably going to take forever* He thought and they spent the whole day, reading the books together. Tao was really curious on what this creature was. He seemed like an angel but why would an angel be locked up like this? He wasn’t sure if asking was the right thing to do since anyone who was experiencing what that creature was experiencing would probably not want to talk about it. He gathered all of his confidence and blurted out

“What are you?? And. . . ” He paused “Why are you in there?”

The figure’s face fell and he looked at Tao, tears formed in his eyes but he refused to let them drop.

“I. . .  I don’t know what I am . . . “He paused and his voice was shaking as he talked. “I don’t even know who I am.”

 


Author's note:

I think this chapter is a little bit short but I wanted to add something to this story already so VOILA! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. :>

Subscriptions, Comments and Upvotes are appreciated but not required ^u^