Choice

Model for Me~ [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27

[Yonghwa POV]

We were all seated inside a dance practice room at the company, one of the many places we as a band would probably never go inside of. However, here we were, all four members of CNBLUE seated in the five chairs placed in the centre of the room, staring off into space with the many mirrors lining one of the walls reflecting our seated selves.

The room was silent, except for the occasional scuffing or squeak of shoes on the floor as one of us shifted in our seats or the shff-shff sound of our clothes rubbing together as we fidgeted. No one spoke, no one made a sound; we were almost like silent statues. The silence was stifling.

There was one chair left empty to my right and I had wondered briefly who it was for when we had entered the room, but as soon as we all sat down – Minhyuk to my left, then Jungshin to his, and finally Jonghyun – I knew from the dark, shadowed expression on Jungshin’s face that this was organised by a certain girl by the name of Song Sun-hi.

I sat there, arms crossed and lounging back in my chair, waiting for the past ten or so minutes until she came in. Normally, the four of us would be happy and enjoying ourselves with the indulgence of being in a dance practice room rather than our own band practice room but the thick air of electric tension weighed down on all of us, bringing down our moods even further. Where is she? The unspoken question of her absence hanging in the air between us.

I stared at my own reflection in the mirror, my eyes brown and empty that was staring back at me. They looked dull and lifeless even to me, and feeling disgusted I moved my gaze to the other reflections in the mirror. Minhyuk was also staring at the mirror and as I met his gaze in the mirror, I could tell that he knew what was going to happen, his dark brown orbs wise and sad. I nodded slightly to him and switched my gaze to the two seated opposite of me, only their backs were reflected in the mirror and I wanted to see their eyes.

Tearing my gaze away from the mirror, I locked my eyes on Jonghyun first. I wasn’t ready to see Jungshin’s eyes yet. Jonghyun was leaning forward, resting his elbows on his thighs with his hands clasped together. His brows were furrowed as he stared at his hands, fingers moving slightly as if he were playing his guitar. It seemed he was too deep in thought to be bothered much by what is going to happen. At least he seems happy.

Slowly, I rested my gaze on Jungshin. He had his long legs stretched out with his hands behind his head. He had his eyes closed, and I sighed internally. What have I got to fear of my dongsaeng? I chastised myself. His even breaths made it almost seem as if he was asleep but I knew otherwise. He was most definitely not asleep.

This time, I truly sighed aloud, letting out a deep breath. Not one of them stirred except Minhyuk’s eyes that darted to look at me and then away. What am I supposed to do with this group of sad-looking sacks of depression? Where have all their hyper-active happiness gone? It seemed like the world was about to end or something.

It was then that the door to the studio slowly creaked open, the translucent glass hiding whoever it was behind the glass door. I turned my head slightly to see Sun-hi poke her head around the side timidly, scanning the room with her eyes before pushing the door open wider and stepping around. She closed it behind her back with a definite click but didn’t move any further.

Why is she hesitating? She WAS the one who called us all here, I thought, raising a hand slowly and waving her over. I saw her let out a breath and come walking ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter