My Choice

A Little Thing Called Love

 

"__________-ah, wake up and eat your breakfast." you heard your mother say to you.
 
You opened your eyes and stretched your arms. You stood up and went to open the windows. You closed your eyes and smelled the breeze and the warmness that the sun was giving.
 
'I guess this will be the last time I'm going to wake up in my room unless I get fired or something.' you thought.
 
You looked at the scenery in front of you for the last time and got back to fix your bed. After that, you went to take a shower and changed your clothes. When you were done, you went to the kitchen and saw your parents eating.
 
"_________, eat first before you leave." You smiled at your mother and sat on the chair. The food the in the plate were egg, hotdog and bread.
While you were eating, "________." your father called you.
"Yes?" you swallowed the food you were eating.
"Are you sure about working as a maid? I mean your umma and I can still work." your father continued.
You held both of your appa's shoulder, "Appa, I've thought about this and my decision is to work. Besides, you and umma are to old to work now. The both of you should be resting." Your umma and appa looked at each other.
"What if your boss isn't good? He might torture you or abuse you." your mother reasoned.
"Aigoo! Umma, Appa, I'm a big girl now and if my boss was like that, I can handle him. You've taught me to be strong, right? And If I'll do this, I can help the both of you."
"We're just worried about you. You're our only child and we don't to lose you."your umma caringly said.
"Don't worry, I'll visit you as often as I can." you hugged both of your parents.
"You better eat now so you can leave early." you appa said.
 
You broke the hug, smiled at them and continued eating. You're parents were still telling you to don't work but you kept on giving them reasons why you should. After those minutes of arguing[calm arguing.XD], you got back to your room to get your bags. You looked around your room for the umpteenth time.
 
"_________..." your appa called.
"I'm coming." you answered and closed the door of your room.
 
You walked out of your house with guilt. You were thinking if maybe your parents were right, if your master bad then, what would happen to you. But another side of you was telling that it's your family. Yet still, you decided to go.
 
Your father helped you out your bags in the trunk while your mother was standing, looking at you. You ran to your mother and hugged her again.
 
"Umma, I'll miss you and appa." you sobbed in your mom's shoulder.
"I told you to just stay here and we'll work." your umma said while patting your back.
"No, I have to work." you straightened.
"Araso..If that's what our baby wants." your appa said.
"Anio! I'm not a baby anymore." you objected.
"I'm just joking to make you laugh." 
"I have to go now." you hugged them for the last time.
"Take care, okay?" your umma said.
"Araso." you waved at them and got inside the cab.
 
You rolled down the window and waved at your parents. They waved back at you. The cab started moving. You rolled up the window and sat properly. 
 
'________, remember your doing this for yourself and your parents. AJA!' you silently pumped your fist and smiled. You looked beside the window. All you could see was houses in different sizes and colors. As the car moving farther, you found yourself surrounded by trees. And it appears that this place was rarely passed by cars. Just then, the cab stopped in front of a big black gate.
 
"Miss, we're here." the driver said.
 
You paid the driver and went to the trunk to get your things. You bowed at the driver and carried your things. You saw a small house beside the big gate.
 
A man in a uniform approached you, "How can I help you?"
"Oh, I'm ______ Lim. I'm the new maid." 
 
He took out his walkie talkie from his pocket. He pressed something and said something on it. While waiting, you wander you sight to your surroundings. It looked like a forest but it doesn't have that much trees. By the looks of it, the owner must have been very rich.
 
"Miss Lim, just wait here." the man said. You nodded.
 
A few seconds passed and you saw a motorcycle, with a sidecar, approaching you.
 
"You have to ride that to get to the house." the man said.
"Okay. Thank you...." you bend to look at his I.D. "Brent."you smiled at him and got in the motorcycle.
 
The motorcycle started moving. As the motorcycle was moving, you noticed that the trees were perfectly trimmed into a box shape. And it had a colorful flower beds under it. You were interrupted when a black Ferrari car passed by. 
 
"Who's in that car?" you asked the driver.
"It's Master Yunho."
"Master Yunho?" you asked back.
"He's the son of the owner of the Jung Corporations." the driver explained.
"How old is he?" 
"If I'm not mistaken, he must be somewhere between 18-20." the driver said.
'Oh..Same age as me.' you thought.
 
The motorcycle came to a full stop in front a big house or should I say, mansion. And in front of the mansion was a large fountain with an angel statue in the middle of it. You were stunned at how big the house was. It was like 30 times bigger than your small house. You got off the motorcycle without taking your eyes off the house.
 
"Go inside that door and look for Ms. Choi." the driver said, interrupting your moment.
"Oh, thank you." you got your things and carried it. 
 
You walked to the big door and entered the mansion. The house was pretty big. Every thing in the house looks very expensive. You noticed 3 maids cleaning that part of the house. You approached the two maid that were chatting.
 
"Excuse me." They stopped what they were doing and stared at you.
"I'm ______ Lim. I'm the new maid here." you held your hand out but they didn't seem to mind and continued chatting with each other.
 
You scratched your head tried to approached the other maid.
 
"Excuse me." she looked at you.