Preparations for the biggest event of the year.

Love Light

 

Chapter 11

 

The next day was spent half in hanging up flyers (or in their case, persuading other people to hang up flyers), and getting ready for the biggest event of the year: the Masquerade ball. The entire campus was crazy with excitement. After Seohyun and Yoona had finished hanging up the remainder of the flyers from yesterday, they headed back up to their dorm where Sooyoung was eating chocolate ice cream and marathoning her favorite drama.

“YAH! You said you were busy with homework, you were doing this???” Seohyun yelled.

“You guys..I’m in emotional trauma right now, the drama is about to end, what do I do???”, Sooyoung sobbed.

“You get a life, that’s what you do.” Yoona retorted.

“But...but..what if the second lead doesn’t get the girl???”, Sooyoung replied.

“The second lead never gets the girl. Now get your off the couch, and let’s go burn off the calories that you gained eating that ice cream,” Seohyun joked.

“Wait, what? I don’t do exercise,” Sooyoung gullibly replied.

“No, you idiot, we’re going shopping! We need to go get our dresses and masks for the masquerade ball!” Yoona said.

“I don’t wanna go!!! Let me enjoy what’s left of my single life, leave me alone with my dramas and fanfic and violin”, Sooyoung replied.

“This girl is completely crazy”, Yoona retorted.

“Come on Sooyoung, we can each meet a random cute stranger, don’t you think that’s a better way to use up what’s left of your single life than being a hopeless fangirl? We’ll have masks and everything, it’s like something straight out of a fairytale, it’ll be so much fun!”, Seohyun persuaded.

“How do you know if he’s going to be cute if he’s wearing a mask?” Sooyoung countered, raising an eyebrow.

“By the way he’s dancing, of course. Cute guys always dance the best.” Yoona said.

“Not in Yong Hwa’s case,” Seohyun spoke spontiniously

“So you ADMIT you think  he’s cute,” Yoona grinned, competing with Seohyun.

“Ugh,” Seohyun grimaced. “We’re going. That’s it.”she determined.

They finally got Sooyoung to come with the threat that they would break her violin in half if she didn’t come to the ball.

At the mall, they of course stopped by their customary store, Starbucks (Sooyoung got a green tea in order that she didn’t gain TOO much weight for the ball), and started the shopping.

They went from store to store, each getting dresses that matched their personalities exactly in each’s favorite color.

Then, they went to the craft store to get a matching mask, complete with sparkles and feathers.

And then on to the shoes store, where they spent an hour trying on different shoes until the found ones that matched their dresses.

Lastly, they stopped and got manicures done.

“I think this is the girliest I felt in quite a long time, you guys,” Sooyung said.

“I know, with all the stresses of college life..”sighed Seohyun.

“It’s the first month of school.” Yoona laughed.

“So? It’s still pretty crazy!” Seohyun replied back.