Chapter 2

The Singer, the Dancer, and the Jerk

“What are you doing? Other people are going to drink from that too, you know! Don’t let your germs contaminate the milk!” Eunmi exclaimed to Taemin, who was drinking milk out of the carton.

“Interesting.” Taemin wiped his mouth and put the carton in her hands, walking away.

Eunmi narrowed her eyes at him and put the carton back, “Abeoji!”

“Yes?” Hyunki walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter.

“Taemin drank from the carton again!” she complained.

“Taemin!” Hyunki rolled his eyes. “That is disgusting! Who’s going to want to drink that milk now?”

“My lovely fangirls at school.” Taemin came back into the kitchen, and lovingly put a hand over his heart.

Hyunki laughed at his seriousness and Eunmi rolled her eyes.

“I can’t believe there are people who like you at your school.” Eunmi muttered.

“Well, believe it. Everyone loves me.” He boasted. “And don't expect me to show you around.”

“Taemin!” Hyunki slapped his arm.

“It's okay, Sara said she'll show me and Jongin around.” Eunmi stuck her tongue out. Hyunki left the kitchen.

“Nahh, I think I'll show him around. I'll even introduce him to some people.” Taemin said, smiling.

“Why don't you pick on Jongin?! He's a year younger than us!” Eunmi threw her hands in the air.

Taemin shrugged, “He's too calm and cool, its way more amusing to see your reactions. Plus, you do a lot of embarrassing things to yourself.” He said, grabbing an apple. “And are you giving me permission to bully your little brother? Wow, some sister you are.”

“I- what- you, ugh!” Eunmi walked out of the kitchen, frustrated. Taemin grinned and followed her. They went to the living room where Ms. Kim (she had kept her last name) was reading a magazine.

“Are you excited for school? It's grade 11.” Ms. Kim asked, putting her magazine down.

“Ugh! I don't want to think about that.” Taemin flopped onto the couch and buried his face into the pillow.

Ms. Kim laughed and got up. She patted his head before heading upstairs.

“Haha, she didn't ask if you were excited.” Taemin stuck his tongue out.

“Because she already knows I'm not.” Eunmi did the same and sat on the other couch.

“Hyung,” Jongin entered the living room. “I can't find my skateboard, can I use yours?”

“Sure, it's... uh, Somewhere. Take it if you can find it. And don’t ruin it.” Taemin yawned. Jongin smiled, “Thanks!”

“You even make nice gestures sound mean.” Eunmi muttered.

“Thank you.” Taemin nodded. Jongin came downstairs with Taemin's skateboard in his hands. He put his shoes on at the front door and opened it.

“Be careful!” Eunmi called as he left the house.

“Are you his mother? He can take care of himself.” Taemin snorted.

“Shut up.” Eunmi glared at him.

Taemin decided to go to sleep and slowly closed his eyes.

“I'm boorreeddd.” Eunmi sighed.

Taemin opened his eyes “Go complain somewhere else.”

“Meanie.” Eunmi pouted. She considered asking him to entertain her, but she didn't want his company.

She got up and went to her room while Taemin peacefully slept. Ms. Kim was probably filing some reports and Taeyeon was at the park with Hyunki.

She decided to paint, something she hadn’t done for a while. Taemin hadn't bought her new paints, her mom had.

She got her paints and brushes out from her drawers. She set her easel up beside her bedroom window and began to paint.

Soon, she was so absorbed in it that she didn't notice her family come home 2 hours later.

She picked the painting up with a satisfied look on her face. This was definitely one of her best works, it was going to go into the scrapbook she was making for Sara when she got back.

“Wow, noona. That's really nice.” Jongin said from her doorway.

She smiled, “You think?”

He nodded, “But you should come downstairs for dinner now.”

“Okay.” Eunmi nodded and got up from her spot. “Hey, do you think this needs more …. I dunno….. Something?”

“I think it needs the face of a beautiful person.” He said. Then he pointed at himself, “Me.”

“I’m serious, Jongin!” Eunmi stomped her foot.

“So am I.” Jongin shrugged.

Eunmi sighed, “You are no help.”

“Hey neither are you when it comes to dance. Clumsy feet.” He shrugged again.

“Yah!” she glared at him and put her paints away in a safe spot. Then she followed Jongin downstairs.

“What's for dinner?” She asked, as both of them arrived at the bottom of the steps.

“Pizza.” He answered.

“Eunmi, wake Taemin up.” Ms. Kim told her, coming out of the kitchen. “Jongin, can you get Taeyeon? She's playing with her dolls upstairs.”

Eunmi sighed as she walked to Taemin's sofa. To be honest, he looked okay when he was sleeping. Kind of cute.

Eunmi didn't know how he could look like that and then act the exact opposite when he opened his eyes and mouth.

“Yah! Wake up!” Eunmi kicked the sofa. Then she whistled in his ear.

“Get away!” Taemin growled as he kicked her back.

“OUCHHHH!” She screamed. “Yah! You kicked my arm!”

Taemin didn't respond as he closed his eyes again.

“Get up! Or you won't be tired when it's time to sleep and you’ll bother the whole family all night!” she glared at him.

Jongin came downstairs with Taeyeon in his arms.

“Pizza pizza pizza!” She cheered.

“Pizza?!” Taemin shot up and went to wash his face.

“Jerk.” Eunmi muttered, rubbing her arm.

The three of them went into the kitchen and saw Ms. Kim and Hyunki putting plates on the table.

Taemin came behind Eunmi and pushed her, “Me first.”

“Jerk! You kicked me so hard!” She tried to stomp on his foot, but missed and just lamely stomped her foot on the floor.

“Loser.” Taemin snickered and sat down, munching on his already-half finished pizza slice.

She gave him a look and sat down beside Taeyeon. The rest of the family did the same and everyone began eating.

“What are the plans for tomorrow?” Hyunki asked, tomorrow would be the last day of summer.

“Rest.” Taemin nodded.

“You do that anyways, lazy .” Eunmi snorted and Taemin threw a tomato at her.

“Yah!” Eunmi threw it back at him and it landed on his shoulder.

He glared at her, “Stop that!”

“You started it!” she stuck her tongue out.

“No, you called me a lazy !”

“Uh, maybe because you are one?”

“All right, that’s enough.” Hyunki interrupted. “You two can’t get along for 2 seconds! I seriously am doubtful about sending the two of you to the same school. I mean, what terror would come over the world if the two of you were in the same classes.

“APPA!” “ABEOJI! Taemin and Eunmi both yelled.

“What?” he blinked.

“Don’t say that! You might jinx it! I don’t want to be in the same class as,” she looked at him and shuddered, “that.”

“Yeah, and I don’t wanna be in the same class as miss-lamey-mc-studies-a lot.” Taemin jabbed a thumb in her direction.

“I don’t study a lot, Taemin.” Eunmi rolled her eyes. “I just do what I need to do, maybe you should try that sometimes instead of failing.”

“For your information, I don’t fail. I happen to be a solid ‘C’ student.” Taemin said matter-of-factly, as if C’s were the best grades ever.

“Which reminds me.” Hyunki interrupted the bickering. “You have to bring those grades up, Lee Taemin. Slacking in grade 11 isn’t going to get you into a good university.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll just copy off of all of Eunmi’s work.” He said with his mouth of salad. “Piece of cake.”

“I’m serious.” Hyunki gave him a look.

“Don’t worry.” Taemin waved it away. “How’re your grades?” he nudged Jongin.

“Jongin has an extremely smart and intelligent sister, so his grades aren’t in jeopardy.” Eunmi said.

“I didn’t know Taeyeon tutored you.” Taemin said, feigning surprise.

Eunmi narrowed her eyes at him and Taemin pretended not to notice.

“What about you, Taeyeon?” Ms. Kim asked Taeyeon. “Are you excited for school?”

“Yes!” she said cheerfully. “I love school!”

Jongin smiled and ruffled her hair.

“So, it’s just the three of you that aren’t excited?” Ms. Kim asked.

“Yes.” They all answered.

“Who has time for homework?”

“I prefer sleeping.”

“What if I fail all of my classes?!”

Taemin and Jongin looked at Eunmi, raising their eyebrows.

“You are worried about failing? What about sleep?!” Taemin exclaimed.

“I like sleep too, but grade 11 will be much different than grade 10 ya know.” Eunmi said.

“Relax, noona. You worry too much.” Jongin finished his crust and stood up. “I’m going upstairs, good night.”

“Sleep well!” Hyunki called.

“I’m going too.” Taemin stood up. “Got some important videos to watch.” He was probably going to stay up and watch Boa all night.

“Unnie, can you watch cartoons with me?” Taeyeon asked, pulling at Eunmi’s sleeve.

“Sure, Yeon.” Eunmi smiled and stood up. She picked everyone’s plates up. “Let me just put these plates in the dishwasher, go put the cartoons on and I’ll come with ice cream.”

“Okay!” she giggled and left the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Taemin was passing by Eunmi’s room when his eye caught her most recent painting.

Grinning, he went into her room and picked it up.

“Hmmm, could use a little more colour.” He said out loud. He began searching for her paints.

“Wow, Eunmi. Under the bed? Really?” he raised an eyebrow, amused. He began to add his own ‘adjustments’ to her painting.

“There, much better.” He said. Satisfied, he put the painting back. He went into his room and started watching Boa and other dance videos he could learn from.

“That was so funny!” laughed Taeyeon as her and Eunmi went upstairs half an hour later. “I want to tell Minnie oppa!”

“Okay.” Eunmi smiled and watched her go into Taemin’s room. The half good thing about Taemin was that he wasn’t as mean to his little sister as he was to others. He wasn’t even mean to Jongin, he only enjoyed bothering Eunmi. To other people he was….. cocky, mean, and the exact way he was with Eunmi. Except, Eunmi was family so he knew his limits (most of the time).

When Eunmi got to her room, she screamed and ran to her ruined painting. She held it up with a horrified expression on her face.

Taemin, who was listening to Taeyeon and had heard her scream, grinned and counted to 3.

“LEE TAEMIN!” she stormed into his room and furiously glared at him as Taemin got to 3.

Taeyeon looked between them and gulped, “I think Jongin oppa is calling me.” she scrambled out of Taemin’s room.

“Night, Yeon!” Taemin called after her. He smiled at Eunmi.

“HOW COULD YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I WORKED ON THIS?! 2 HOURS! IT TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO MAKE THIS! IT WAS FOR SARA! I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT THE FRONT PAGE OF THE SCRAPBOOK!” she yelled, glaring at him with fire in her eyes.

“Hey, I did you a favour.” Taemin shrugged with mischief in his eyes. “It was such an ugly painting! Now it has the touch of a professional artist.”

Eunmi was boiling, “LEE TAEMIN, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL-” she didn’t finish her sentence because Taemin was pushing her out of his room.

“If you’re upset, feel free to send me an e-mail at [email protected].” he smiled for one second and then it vanished. “Good night.” he closed the door.

“I HATE YOU!” she screamed, crumpling the painting. “I AM NEVER SPEAKING TO YOU AGAIN.”

The door opened and he stuck his pinky out, “Promise?”

Eunmi was going to bite his finger off but he shut the door while cackling evilly.

Eunmi scowled, I’ve never seen the nice side of you. Does it even exist?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helllloooo~

I updated quick, I dunno when I will again.

Lalalalaa

Not much to say today, hmmm

It's really odd for me if I don't have a lot to say.

Whatever I'll go eat something, byebye~! :D

Comment&Subscribe