Chapter 12

Mission: Project Separation

                “What with the freakishly ridiculous excuse?” Minho groaned as soon as he was sure there’s only the two of them in the room.

                “Trust me, I know what I’m doing,” Krystal said calmly.

                “I don’t think you’re in your right mind right now, you little brat,” Minho shook his head in denial.

                Krystal decided to ignore Minho’s statement and asked, “Have you read my text?”

                “About that great information you got?” Minho asked in annoyance and Krystal nodded.

                “Aren’t you curious?” Krystal asked back, “About what it is about?”

                “Nope.”

                “But it is really a great information,” Krystal pouted.

                “What happened to you?” Minho put on a grossed out face.

                “Oh, come on, can’t you see it? I’m trying to help you again now. I changed my mind. I want to separate Taemin and Sulli,” Krystal put on a reassuring look.

                “Are you serious?”

                “Do I look like I’m kidding?”

                Minho hesitated to answer, so just stayed quiet staring at Krystal.

                “Look, I have a plan. Following them all the time is not such a good idea. If suddenly we got caught when we haven’t succeeded, we’ll be in big trouble. They’ll hate us both. That’s why I have a less riskier idea,” Krystal said.

                “And that is…?”

                “Let’s pretend that we’re dating,” Krystal suggested. “We can ask them to go on double dates with us. That way we can separate them easier, with less risk, and higher chance.” Minho hated the suggestion, but he did agree that Krystal does have a good point. Minho didn’t immediately agree with Krystal, he looked like as if he’s trying to think about it. But Krystal smiles, as if she got her victory, because she knew Minho would agree with her sooner or later.

                “I still think the idea’s horrible, but I can’t think of any excuse to ensure Taemin that you’re lying about me being your boyfriend, so okay, we can try your stupid idea,” Minho said flatly. He actually thinks that Krystal’s idea makes sense, but he just didn’t want to admit it. But by his tone, Krystal understands that Minho was just too prideful to admit her brilliance.

**

                As soon as Krystal left, Taemin went back to the room. Minho was sitting on the couch with his phone on his hand and he was checking his phone, reading Krystal’s unread texts.

                Taemin jumped to sit next to him, back to his place and chuckled. “I must be crazy if I have her as my girlfriend,” Taemin mimicked Minho’s words just minutes ago, before Krystal said that Minho is her boyfriend. Taemin grinned playfully at Minho and leaned on Minho’s arm, which make Minho annoyed.

                “Don’t tease me,” Minho just shrugged Taemin off his arm and Taemin laughed.

                “Don’t worry, you don’t have to apologize to me for lying to me about your girlfriend. I understand,” Taemin said with his teasing grin still plastered on his face.

                “I didn’t have any plan to apologize anyway,” Minho tried to play along with Taemin’s jokes.

                “Congratulation anyway,” Taemin said, still with the grin.

                “Thanks,” Minho gulped. “… I guess,” he mumbled quietly, quiet enough so that Taemin couldn’t hear it.

                “Jinri gotta know this awesome news!”  Taemin pulled out his phone but Minho immediately caught on. He knew Taemin was going to text Sulli about the news, but Minho stopped him. He grabbed on Taemin’s phone which made Taemin made a face on him. Taemin looked at Minho confusedly, “Why?”

                Minho gulped. He hadn’t come up with any idea, about why he stopped Taemin from informing Sulli. But then Krystal’s words crossed his mind. We can ask them to go on double dates with us.

                “I have a better idea on how we can tell Jinri, rather than just by a text,” Minho smiled. He was already trapped in this game, so might as well play along with it. “I don’t want my sister to find out about the relationship by phone,” Minho chuckled.

                “Good idea. So what’s your idea?”

                “Let’s go on a double date, and I can tell her there. Just for now, tell Jinri we’re going on a double date, just don’t tell her who’s my date gonna be,” Minho said and Taemin nodded in agreement.

**

                It was past 7 p.m., but the bell of Krystal’s house suddenly rang. Krystal, who was watching TV, glanced at her sister who was also watching TV and gave her a questioning look.

                “Eonni, are you expecting someone?” Krystal asked.

                “No, I’m not. Are you?” Jessica asked back without moving from the couch.

                Krystal stood up from her spot and shook her head, “Nope. I wonder who it is.” Krystal immediately went out to see who was outside. And it was no other than Minho.

                “What are you doing here?” Krystal asked as soon as she opened the door.

                “Checking how my girlfriend is doing,” Minho answered flatly, trying to show his obviousness that he still doesn’t completely agree with the idea.

                “Your girlfriend is fine, so you can leave now. Bye,” Krystal almost closed the door, if only Minho’s reflex was not fast enough. “What else?” Krystal glared.

                “We have things to discuss, because sadly, we’re not boyfriend and girlfriend.”

                “You forgot the fake part,” Krystal gave a smile without opening the door, signing she didn’t want to discuss about anything with him.

                “You know we can’t do this if we don’t discuss things together. We need to settle on how we started dating when actually, we hate each other.”

                Krystal sighed. “Fine,” she opened the door. “But I’m not letting you inside for even a second, so let’s find some other place.”

                “It’s not like it’s my first time entering your house,” Minho said.

                “True, but I don’t want you to enter my house for the several time. Wait here,” Krystal replied and smiled before closing the door. After a few minutes, Krystal changed into a more suitable outfit to go out, then they’re heading to a mini-market near Krystal’s house so that they can talk during the walk.

                “How should we answer if they asked how long have we been dating?” Minho opened the discussion.

                “Let’s say a week?” Krystal suggested.

                “Okay, I agree on that. Then if they asked how we got together, let’s just say you suddenly realized that you actually like me. That’s why you were mean to me to get my attention, and you couldn’t control your emotion anymore, so you confessed to me and I accepted you after a few days of thinking that I might fell for you during all those time we were fighting. Okay?”

                “Not okay! At all! Why don’t we just tell them that you were the one who realized that you like me, and being mean only to get my attention. Why should I be the one who confessed?” Krystal scoffed.

                “Because I won’t ever like a girl like you,” Minho replied.

                “I don’t care, we go by the story you confessed to me, not I confessed to you,” Krystal said.

                “No, you confessed to me.”

                “You.”

                “You.”

                They stopped walking and had a staring contest for a while. But as they were staring into each other’s eyes, one of their hearts started to beat faster.

**

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it Minho's heart that starts to beat faster, or was it Krystal's? :B