I'm Missing You..

I Need You

 

Proceeding to a year and a half later, Jiyoung had lived in Tokyo, Japan alone. She worked at a nearby bakery and made a few friends here and there. She never once dared to date even if her friends would try to set her up. The only man she would ever love was Do Kyungsoo; she would rather die having him as her first and last love than to date again. No one could compare to him. His love was everything to her, she didn’t need anything fancy or big, his love was more than enough.

He must’ve found a better girl by now, I’m sure she’s gorgeous and will make him happier than I ever could.

Kyungsoo never dated anyone else within the time that passed, his heart only had Jiyoung. He was still determined to find her when everyone told him to surrender and move on. That never stopped him, he was too deep in this love to ever give up. He waited late at night thinking, maybe, just maybe, she would return to him. He wanted to embrace her in his arms and whisper how much he loves her against her ear. He wanted to sleep with his arms protectively wrapped around her knowing that she’ll be there once he wakes up.

She couldn’t doubt it, she yearned for his love and it broke her heart as she let it all go. At times, regret came to her and she shook it away, always thinking everything was really for the best, but was it really?

__

Jiyoung was completely wrong, thinking that Kyungsoo would be better off without her? His heart, mind, and soul were miserable without her. Every task he had besides looking for her was difficult to accomplish, she kept wandering in his mind.

               How was she doing now?

               Has she eaten?

               Was she really better off with this other man?

               His heart still endured the pain, as if he wasn’t hurt. But, many others saw right through him.  

Kyungsoo still checked up on his in-laws, making sure they were doing okay, even if his wife and he weren’t at good terms, it was the right thing to do. It broke Jiyoung’s mother’s heart seeing the boy so hurt and yet so determined to find his wife. The guilt rushed through her body every time he had visited, how long was she going to be able to hold this from him? She can’t go to the grave with this can she?

One day, she had finally had enough and sat Kyungsoo down. Rubbing her aching head, she looks at the boy with a slight frown and apologetic eyes; she finally spoke, “Kyungsoo-ah, you sure love my daughter a lot… and I’m, I’m sorry..?”

He looks at her and nods immediately without words, the thought of his wife killed him a little every time. His head shoots up with a perplexed expression.

“I…” Before she could speak, she abruptly got up and bowed to him, “I’m so sorry.” She repeats in a small mutter before tears seep through her eyes. “Jiyoung never left you because she found a better man… She loved you so much, and wanted nothing other than for your happiness. When you both weren’t able to have any kids after the many times you’ve tried, she finally went to take a few tests. It came back that she was infertile…”

He looked at the elder with widened eyes, he couldn’t believe what was happening, why tell him now? “She…I-I, she...” He took slow breaths and tried to comprehend the given information, “Do you know where she currently is?” He looks at her with all the hope he had left in himself. Her mother stayed quiet and looked away, hesitant to say another word.

“Eomenim, I…” He hits his chest harshly, “I, Do Kyungsoo, love your daughter to death, no one and nothing can ever change that. Even if she isn’t able to give me any children, I will still love her with everything I have. I vowed to love her through every obstacle we would face in this marriage, and if you don’t tell me where my wife is I’ll...” He looks at her seriously before kneeling on the floor. “I’ll stay here on my knees for the rest of my life.”

Sighing, she finally nods, and gestures him to get back up, “Remember your words…” He nods confidently, waiting for her to retrieve his wife’s possible address. He looks at the information given to him on the piece of paper and at the moment, he felt his hope coming back to life.

I will find you, and we’ll be together again. I promise that no matter what, I will always love you Do Jiyoung.

As soon as he got home, he immediately purchases plane tickets and packed for Tokyo. He had to see her; he needed her by his side again. He wasn’t sure how much longer he would last without her presence. He may be strong, but the only thing keeping him that way was the little thread of hope he had left.