It's For The Better

I Need You

 

She sat and stared out the window, down at the busy streets. Her fingers ran along the clear glass as the rain drops slid against it. A sigh escapes her lips once a thought had come to mind. How was Kyungsoo?

Who was Kyungsoo? Do Kyungsoo was Jiyoung’s ex-husband. They didn’t fall out of love, in fact, they were deeply in love that nothing seemed to be able to break it, or so they thought. They grew up together and slowly developed strong feelings. Once out of college, finding the right careers, and another year of dating, Kyungsoo finally pops the question. In a heartbeat, Jiyoung said yes, and after everything, their love only grew stronger.

But if their love was so strong, why was Jiyoung 717.84 miles away from their home in Seoul, South Korea? Why was she alone in this lifeless apartment?

She ran…

She ran away from home and away from his love.

Only because she felt that he could find someone better. She wanted him to be happy and she knew that she couldn’t fulfill the happiness he had deserved in life. Why? She was informed that she couldn’t carry a baby, she was infertile.

Kyungsoo and Jiyoung adored children. On their free time, they would volunteer in schools to help tutor children and play games with them during breaks. Children absolutely loved the pair; not only did they help with their education, they were kind and loving.

__

About a year and a half ago before Jiyoung had went into hiding, she and Kyungsoo had been trying to conceive a baby for about a year. Strangely, her tests had come back negative each time. Without any idea on what to do, Jiyoung ran to her mother and sisters, in their little home town, and they all told her to talk to the well known doctor there.

Once agreeing that it was the only choice left, she one day had tests done without her husband’s knowledge. For days she had waited impatiently for the tests to arrive, and soon they were in her hands. She slowly took the papers out of the envelope with shaking hands and read the results; her eyes widen and quickly filled with tears. We’re not able to have a baby… Wait, I’m not able to have a baby…

She clenched on the papers tightly as the news hits her hard. How was she going to tell her husband, the man she knows that adore children and couldn’t wait for his own? She loved him too much to let him suffer the pain and a childless future. With that, she started to think hard on the problem and only thing came to mind. Leave him and let him find someone better.

If you love someone, let them go... right?

She secretly packed within the next few nights, but acted the same around her husband. She felt guilty, yes, but it was all for the best. Once he left for work one morning, she left him a note along with divorce letters. Tears welled up in her eyes, as she re-read the lies the note had consist of, but in the end she forced herself to smile in the pain and left, quietly.

Maybe in our next life we’ll meet again… I love you Do Kyungsoo, forever and always.

Note:

Kyungsoo, I don’t think I can do this anymore; our love doesn’t have that spark anymore. I’ve found someone, and I think you should too… Someone that’ll actually love you and give you a better future than I ever would. This is goodbye.

                                                                           -Jiyoung

__

Kyungsoo expected his wife to be in bed or in the living room once he had returned from work like always, but once he was home, the darkness greeted him. He called out for her several times, looking in every place possible in the home, and yet she wasn’t anywhere to be found.

Panicking, he calls her work number only to be sent to the voice box. Leaving a quick message, he clenches on the car keys in his hand, calling everyone he knew to ask for her whereabouts. Your family members kept things a secret since you begged them to and lied to the poor boy. He still had hope that you’ll be back soon.

 He stepped back into the dining area and the envelope including the note, finally caught his eyes. He quickly read the note, contemplating your words in his mind before shaking his head, “No no no, Do Jiyoung, you’re joking with me right now.” He quickly calls your cell phone again, this time he wasn’t sent to a voice box.

“Were sorry you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service.” His heart shattered into pieces, his phone fell and cracked on the floor, and he too fell to his knees. His hand gripped the table as he broke down; tears fell as he continuously shook his head.

After an hour, he was still in disbelief, everything he had lived for was taken away from him so easily. That little hope in him got him up and going; he walked towards his car and drove around for hours to find you, only to spot some people on the streets. Anyone would think that after a note, divorce papers, and the disappearance of the other half would stop a man, they were wrong.

Do Kyungsoo was determined to find his wife, he wasn’t going to give up until he finds her and hears from her himself that she wasn’t in love with him after all the years. The divorce papers were shredded to pieces, they weren’t going to stop him from finding her.