1

Hush

 

Jongup was woken up by the alarm clock exactly at 7:30 in the morning. Even though, his school wouldn't start before another hour and it took him only 10 minutes to go there, he liked to wake up early to take his time with preparations. 
 
His routine was always the same: he would get up, take a nice, hot shower, put on his uniform, prepare breakfast for his mom, his nine year old brother named Jinho, and himself. After he'd be done eating, he'd leave for school with 20 minutes in hands. 
 
At school, first he'd go to his locker and prepare his books for the first three classes of the morning, then he'd go find Daehyun, who'd usually be stuffing himself with food. 
 
"Why don't you eat at home, hyung?" Jongup asked as he approached the older boy. Daehyun was 17 year old like him, but he was older by few months, so Jongup called him hyung. 
 
"I do eat at home," Daehyun said with mouthful. 
 
"Then, why are you eating now?" 
 
"Because the cafeteria was opened." Daehyun shrugged. 
 
"The cafeteria is always opened in the morning," Jongup said, chuckling and crossing his arms over his chest. 
 
"Yah! Moon Jongup, don't judge me!" He shouted at the other. 
 
"Okay. Okay, fine. Now, hurry your and finish that. We need to go to class." 
 
"What do we have this morning?" Daehyun asked, slowly getting up from the floor. 
 
"Math," Jongup replied as he helped his friend. Unfortunately for Jongup, he didn't have many classes with Daehyun, his best and only friend. Therefore, he was usually alone in most of his classes because he was always too shy to talk to someone, so socializing was out of question. Daehyun and him were childhood friends. Reason why he was comfortable with him and let his playful side slip out even in school. 
 
People who didn't know Jongup, which meant almost everyone except his family and Daehyun, thought he was an awkward kid who was pretty much invisible to the rest of the world. He was always so quiet that nobody ever noticed him. But, of course, a kid like him was an easy target for bullies who could simply throw a fist at him to get him to do their homework. And the best part was Jongup never complained to the authorities. 
 
"Oh, let's go!" Daehyun said cheerfully, dragging Jongup to the classroom. Math was one of the few classes they shared. 
 
 
Meanwhile, at Junhong's mansion, about five maids were gathering up in front of Junhong's room, trying to wake their young master up. 
 
"Young master, please, wake up," a maid said, shaking Junhong a bit. 
 
"Don't wanna," he mumbled, face still buried in his pillow. 
 
"Young master, your school starts in 10 minutes." 
 
"Go to hell," he said in a sleepy but loud voice this time. 
 
"Young master, your mother wishes to talk to you. She's on the phone," another maid said, holding a receiver on Junhong's ear. 
 
"Choi Junhong, I'll give you 5 minutes to shower and get down here in your uniform." Junhong heard his mother calm but threatening voice from the other side of the line. 
 
"Oh ," Junhong cursed, suddenly bouncing up in his bed and dashing toward the bathroom for the quickest shower he had ever taken. 
 
After three minutes, he was out with his maids helping him wear his uniform and drying his hair. Fortunately, he was able to get down in 5 minutes. His mother was finishing breakfast as he ran there and stuffed a piece of bread inside his mouth quickly while grabbing an apple from the table. 
 
"Good morning, ma," he greeted before kissing her cheek. 
 
"Junhong, your hair is all messy," she said, brushing the blue streaks off his face. 
 
"I love you, ma," he said, ignoring her remark and running out the door. Outside, his chauffeur was holding the car's door open, waiting for him. Junhong quickly slid inside and told him to hurry up. 
 
Just when he was at the school's entrance, the final bell had rung, indicating the beginning of the first class. Junhong cursed under his breath as he stopped running. All this hurry for nothing, he thought as he walked in the hall in a slow pace. 
 
Inside, the class had already started, so when he stepped in the classroom, 'fashionably late' like always, everyone's attention was turned to him. "Oh, look who finally decided to join us," the teacher, Mr. Park, said in sarcastic tone. "What is your reason this time? You were stuck in the traffic because some animals had escaped from the zoo and were wandering in the street?" 
 
Junhong's parents thought they were already spoiling Junhong too much, so they decided not to interfere in school matters and told the principal to treat Junhong like everyone regardless to the fact they owned this school after all. However, the principal was very fond of Junhong and usually let small matters slip away, but the teachers weren't. But that was understandable because Junhong was quite the delinquent who'd usually sleep in class, never do homework on his own (it was more than obvious that he made others do his work for him) and come late to classes every morning. 
 
And since the teachers were allowed to punish him like everyone else, he often found himself in detentions. 
 
"I overslept," he simply said, too tired to argue. He was up all night yesterday, playing video games. He had only gotten 4 hours of sleep instead of 9. He wasn't in the mood for a dispute with this teacher. 
 
"Overslept?" Mr. Park shouted, "I have a 7 month old baby at home who wakes up at every ten minutes at night. I don't get to sleep at all, and you dare to oversleep?" 
 
A snort was heard in the classroom and Mr. Park turn from Junhong to the other students. "You think this is funny, Jongup?" He spat, pointing a finger at the brunet. 
 
Jongup's smiling face turned to a straight one as colors had drained from it. "N-no, sir," he stuttered, shaking his head. 
 
"Why, let's see if you still find this funny after you stay after class to clean up this classroom," Mr. Park grumbled, scribbling down Junhong and Jongup's name on the detention paper. 
 
Junhong smirked as he headed for his seat, which was next to Jongup's and dropped his bag on the desk with a loud thud, making Jongup turn and glare at him. 
 
"Sup, loser?" Junhong grinned down and Jongup as he sat down on the chair. 
 
Choi ing Junhong, you are seriously going to die in my hands one day, Jongup thought as he forced himself to look in front at the blackboard, refusing to pay attention to the boy next to him, who was still staring at him with the same smirk. 
 
 
~~~
 
Thank you to those who have subscribed. Please, forgive the mistakes. I wrote this on my phone. 
 
And please, please, please, leave a comment and let me know how it is!