Chapter 1

Debut

You took a deep breath and sighed out loudly. The butterflies in your stomach fluttered around like crazy, and you had an urge to pee every few minutes. You had your third water bottle in hand, constantly chugging down water to keep yourself busy, distracting yourself from what would be the most fearful and courageous thing you’ve done in your entire life; debut.

It had been only a year and four months when the CEO called you in and informed you that he was planning to have you debut after your second year of being with the company. Of course, you were excited and worked really hard to get to where you are today, but the feelings in your stomach and the nervousness threw you off completely.

Your debut stage was only a few hours away and you were scared out of your mind. You fiddled with your outfit (and would get scolded at by your manager and designer) and nervously glanced around at the people scurrying about to get the stage perfectly perfect.

Images of the crowd booing at you made you even more nervous, and you began to rip the paper on your water bottle. When a pair of hands reached themselves around you and took your water bottle, you jumped up in surprise.

A head rested itself on your shoulder and whispered into your ear. “Jagiya, don’t be nervous. You should be happy that you can finally show off that talent of yours.” Kissing your cheek, he let go of you so you can turn to face him. “I know, but I’m still nervous. What if they don’t like me?” He laughed and shook his head. “You’re wonderfully talented, they’ll love you.” He looked deep into your eyes, his way of telling you that he was sincere with what he was saying.

You were leaning in to kiss him on the lips when a voice rang out from beside you. “______, you’re up in 10 minutes.” You turned to look at the person, who looked a little disturbed at your pda with Zelo and nodded. “Okay, I’ll be ready.” Your voice was full of confidence. Zelo smiled at you approvingly and gave you a tight hug.

“Go get em Jagi! HWAITING!” He pumped up his fist. Oh, he is so adorable! You gush inside your head as he walks away backwards with his fist still up. You smiled brightly at him and returned his fist pump. Taking a big swing of water, you make your way onto the rising platform to sing your heart out to the world.

You take a deep breath as the staff around you mess around with your hair, outfit and appearance one last time before you reveal yourself to the audience. The platform began to rise and the people around you whispered little “hwaitings” to you. The lights blind your eyes as you hear the crowd shouting your name.

A rush of adrenaline courses through your body and you start to sing, the music filling your heart and soul with passion. In the corner of your eye, you see your boyfriend and pillar cheering you on in the audience. You point in his direction and wink before going to another section of the crowd.

Zelo oppa, thank you for always being there for me…

I love you! ♥