Just Another Day

Worth The Trouble

Being out and about with the girls wasn’t something Taeyeon was much looking forward to today. Her mind was so far away from her schedule it was practically in a different country. It was obvious to the other people in her company right now.

“Unnie?” someone called to her and she didn’t even notice who it was. She glanced up to see Yuri sort of glaring at her for not paying attention to the routine they were working on.

“Mianhae…” Taeyeon said with a shrug as pulled herself back into the rehearsal. It was difficult for her to focus when she knew he was just down the hall from her right now. She had never wanted to hear her phone ring so much.

She didn’t know what it was about him that kept him as a permanent resident in her head but she did know that she wouldn’t really change it if she could. Once Taeyeon came back down from her daydreaming, she stepped back into her place and continued to half pay attention.

Finally the girls were back in the groove of their routines when they were finally decided to take a small break. Taeyeon grabbed her phone and water bottle and basically sprinted out the door before anyone could stop her.

The moment she was on the other side of the door, she stood on her tip-toes to sort of peek into the room. She loved watching the guys dancing but today she wanted to surprise them, even if she had originally planned to just see the one.

Keeping secrets had never been one of Taeyeon’s strong points but this was one that neither of them were ready to let out there.

Sneaking into the room where EXO-K was practicing, she made her way to the back of their formation and started doing the routine to MAMA along with them. She couldn’t believe that no one had noticed her yet. That was when she remembered they were dancing in front of a walled mirror.

They knew she was there. More importantly he knew she was there. She could tell by the smirk on his face he was glad that she stopped by.

After the routine, Taeyeon properly greeted her dongsaengs then exchanged a couple of looks with the one with the smug grin on his face.

The guys slowly started to filter out of the room one by one until eventually no one was left but the two of them.

“So…” he started as he stepped closer to her, that grin that made her weak in the knees never leaving his face.

“Don’t say it.” Taeyeon said with a laugh before taking one of his hands into her own and pulled him closer to her. She knew he was going to make some comment about her stopping by instead of spending her break with the girls. It was the type of thing he did fairly often with her.

Kai tugged his hand away from her and hooked a couple of his fingers in the bottom of her shirt and with one quick tug, pulled her body against his. His arms s around her small waist and held her tight against him.

Her cheeks flushed to a deep blush as she folded her arms against his chest between the two of them.

“I was wondering what was taking you so long, Jagiya.” His index finger hooked under her chin and lifted her face as he leaned down to capture her lips with his own.

The kiss deepened and lingered a moment before the two barely parted from each other.

“Want to get out of here?” his voice was casual and calm like he already knew her answer as he brushed a few loose strands of her hair out of her face.

“We aren’t done with our rehearsal or I wou--…”

“So?”

With that same grin on his face, Kai grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and led her out of the room then out of the building like it was something he did every day.