Too Close For Comfort

Worth The Trouble

He never called her noona like the rest of her dongsaengs. That should have been Taeyeon’s first clue that there was more to things than she really thought. However catching onto how someone felt about her was never one of her strong points. She was focused with her leader duties, Music Bank, Japan promotions and everything else her schedule threw at her. Dating wasn’t even near her list of things to do.

I need you and you want me, jiguran i byeoreseo oh oh.

It was the ringtone she set for him. Something the two of them did as a joke together. Just like his ringtone for her was “Twinkle”

Every, every, everyday naega mandeun history.

She sang along to the song and bobbled her head a little before sliding her finger across the screen.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Have you left the dorm yet?” Jongin, or Kai as everyone called him, answered back instead of some sort of ‘hello’ back to her.

“Anniyo, I was about to. Why?”

“On my way up. Annyeong.” and with that he ended the call.

He was always very direct with her, it always took her by surprise. He didn’t act like someone his age, always older. It usually made her forget that he actually was only eighteen.

“Wha--…aish, that boy!” Taeyeon muttered to herself as she hurriedly tidied up things in the SNSD dorm before he got up there and saw the mess that no one had bothered with for two days.

Luckily the other girls had other schedules of their own and Taeyeon was left alone in the dorm for once. Well…temporarily alone.

She had no idea why the thought of the two of them in the dorm alone for an unknown amount of time was making her nerves go insane.

Hearing the knock on the door just as she finished tidying up the living room, she took a deep breathe and opened the door.

“Next time you visit, could you give me a day notice and not five minutes?”

“Anni.” he said without missing a beat as he skimmed the dorm for whatever reason.

“Yah! You are soaking wet! Did you walk here in this weather?”

“It wasn’t raining that hard when I started down here.” he said with a small laugh as he pulled the drenched hood of his hoodie off his head.

“Let me go get you a towel.” Taeyeon said quietly as she made her way to one of the shared bathrooms in the dorm and grabbed one of her own towels for him. Looking in the mirror she noticed how her cheeks were already starting to turn a bright shade of pink. After a sigh and a shake of her head, she walked back to the living room.

The sight in her living room made her whole face heat up.

There he was standing in the middle of her living room and had his soaked hoodie and shirt draped over his arm.

“Can I hang these up so they can dry off before I leave?”

“Um…I..” Taeyeon collected her thoughts then stepped closer to him and tried to compose herself. “I’ll put them in the dryer.”

After grabbing his hoodie and shirt, she hurried back down the hall.

“Omo…” she muttered to herself and pinched her own cheeks. “Eighteen. Eighteen. He’s eighteen.”  she kept saying to herself as she tossed his shirt and hoodie into the dryer.

The moment she turned around, she bumped right into him. Her face barely coming to his toned shoulders.

“Mianha--…”

Before she could finish apologizing, Kai’s hands were against her waist and lifting her up and setting her on the washing machine next to the dyer.

“Yah! What are you d--….”

There was no time to even finish her thought, let alone asking him what he was doing…when she should have known.

His lips were pressed to her own and her breath was stuck in a lump in . She didn’t pull away from this kiss. She knew she should, almost every voice in her head was screaming for her to, but there was a louder voice telling her to go with it. Kai’s hands slipped to cup against her face as she stilted her head into his hand and slipped one of her own hands into his slightly damp hair.

“Unnie! Are you home!?” Called Yoona’s voice from the living room and Taeyeon could hear a few of the other girls chatting away.

She jerked away from Kai and before she could jump down from the washing machine, he gently helped her down. Before leaving the washroom, she held a finger to her lips to let him know to stay quiet.

“What are you all doing home so early?”

“Sica forgot her wallet.” Tiffany said with a roll of her eyes as she glanced in Jessica’s direction.

“I forgot I switched purses and grabbed the wrong one.” Jessica made her way back to her room and Taeyeon nervously watched as she walked by the washroom.

“We have to head back out after she gets her purse. When we get finished want to meet us for dinner?” Sunny asked with a cheerful smile at Taeyeon.

She wasn’t even listening to what Sunny said but nodded her head and glanced back to the girls.

Once Jessica had her purse, the girls said their goodbyes and headed back out the door.

“Too close for comfort?” Kai said with a smug grin as he leaned against the wall in the hallway with his arms crossed over his bare chest.

Turning back to him, she nodded and gave a laugh. Walking back over to him, she looked up with a smile and pecked his lips.

“You’re going to get me in so much trouble.”

“I know.” was all he had to say before grabbing Taeyeon and pulling her in closer and pinning her between his body and the wall.