Chapter 2

The lost Prince

 

“Never once have I seen his highness this angry before! The prince’s escape has really upset him.” YooChun thought.

His dad, had been a real good friend with the Prince from their childhood. When the Prince was crowned as the king, his dad became the king’s personal guard. And when he died of sickness the king was kind enough to give Park’s son YooChun the same job only that it was the young crowned prince Jae Joong that YooChun had to guard. Since childhood Jae Joong and YooChun had known each other. They often played together when he visited his dad on work. It was more of a brotherly relation than friendship between the two lads.

"That guy, he dares to escape in my presence! When I find him, I’ll make him regret it! I will make him suffer for what he did!” YooChun said to himself.

"micky!! Oye!!" someone called him.

 "Huh?" he turned around and saw his little sister Hayoung.

She gave him a warm hug and smiled. “What’s wrong? You seem upset!” she worried.

“It’s nothing really!” he paused and saw the glare in his sister’s eyes. “Okay! It’s about Jae Joong! He went missing from the palace last night. I was on duty at the time he escaped, so I’m responsible for that idiot.” He let out his frustrations. 

“What? The prince escaped? How did he even think of…?” she paused, “wait maybe he was kidnapped or something! Were you really on guard when it happened?” she grew curious.

“Elie! Stop asking too many questions!” he shook Hayoung by her shoulders.

“I did keep an eye on him but I still can’t figure out how he escaped! It’s no use now wondering how he escaped or who helped him! I need to find him soon or it will be for the worst.” He explained.

“Okay what’s the plan? What’s my role? How do we save the prince?” she was more interested than ever.

“What’s the plan? I have no plan! What’s your role? You have no role! And who do we save the prince? There’s no ‘we’, I, will decide how to find him on my ‘own’!” He chuckled a little.

“What? Then what about me? What do I have to do?” she asked again.

“’you’ will go home and water the plants! And see that they bloom when I return!” he walked away and waved without glancing back.

“Who cares if the plants bloom or not bloom? I’ll make sure they suffer enough till you return” she said to herself and walked away cursing her brother for teasing her.