Chapter 1

The lost Prince

 

The court lady shouted out loud, “the prince is missing! The prince is missing!!” Somebody rang the palace bell to alert the guards to find the missing prince.

“What have you all been doing?” the angry king yelled at the guards.

“We did your highness. We even checked on him before we left for dinner last night and he seemed to be in deep sleep. One of us did keep a guard on him even then. Just this morning when we checked he was gone.” One of the guards spoke up.

“Then what happened. Did he just vanish out of thin air?” the king wasn’t convinced “which one of you watched over him last night?”

There was a small silence among the guards and then one of them stepped forward.

“It..It was me. Your highness!” the tall handsome young man spoke.

“YooChun? I thought it would be you! Who else had this courage to disobey my orders! Tell me the truth! You let the prince escape didn’t you? If I’m right, then you might have even helped him escape the castle!” the king yelled.

“I apologize, your highness! I didn’t let Jae Joong… I mean the prince get away. I wouldn’t help him even if he was my friend your highness. He might have made his escape while I fell asleep.”  YooChun tried to explain.

“Enough of your silly excuses, I don’t want to hear anymore!” the king roared “listen all of you! Do you know what our country has to go through because of your carelessness? Now I’ll give you three days, find the prince and bring him back to the palace you understand?” he grew furious.

“Yes your highness!” the guards answered.