Ashamed

Through Thick and Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon and I had left the house in a cab to a Babies R' Us. Taecyeon really wanted to treat me and support me for his baby. He wanted to get everything done and bought as soon as possible. I thought that was what baby showers for?

"Sica, come on. I know you're starting to slow down, but we need to get all these things and then ship them back home," Taecyeon begged me as we began walking into the store. He held out his hand for me to grab so that I could keep up.

I quickly grabbed his hand and followed him into the store. "Taec, maybe we should think about living here in America." After I said that, it made me think why I said that. I would never have said such a thing to him.

Taecyeon looked at me with a concerned look. "Why say that, Jess? I mean, we both work in Seoul successfully and all our friends are there. Why would you want to come to America?"

I bit my bottom lip as we stopped in the crib section. "I don't know. Maybe we should just come back home. I mean, we don't even use Korean around each other. We're always using English in Korea except for work and our Korean friends. Even Nichkhun uses English."

"Sica, that's just because we feel more comfortable around each other with it. We can use Korean if you want to."

I let out a heavy sigh. I don't know why I'm arguing to even consider staying here in America. I mean, why would I ask to move here? Is it because I missed my hometown? Is it because I feel homesick of my American side? Or was it because my best friend lived here?

"Jess, what is here that would cause you to feel that way of moving here?" Taecyeon asked me as he held my hands.

I bit my lip again, making it a little blue. "I just thought, would it be better if our baby grew up in America like us?"

Taecyeon pondered for a second before giving me an eye. "Jess, is it because you want to see Kris more often?"

It hit me there. I never got to see Kris and I wish I could so many times in Korea.

"Taec, I know I sound really desperate, but what if we did come back to America? Would it be for the better for us?"

"You don't think we're doing any better?" Taecyeon asked in a harsh kind of way. He let go of my hands and began wandering around the section, looking for a crib. He stopped in front of a crib that was designed with animals on them.

I caught up with him and held onto his arm. "Taecyeon, I just miss seeing my best friend. That's all. But it was just a thought. I just hate the fact that I have to always fly back and forth to see him."

"Well, think about it Jess. All our friends are in Korea now. Kris is our only one in America."

I decided to drop the subject. I didn't want to make this frustrating for us. I mean, we just rekindled our relationship and now we're trying to shop for our baby. I don't want to interrupt this moment for us.

We continued looking at the designs, trying to pick out the right designs and colors that would match for our baby.

I began to wander off on my own, thinking about what Taecyeon said. Was my reason for living in America because of Kris? It can't be. I mean, Kris is our only friend living in America. There was no one else that we would visit, except our families. I couldn't be, falling in love with Kris, can I? I have spent a lot of time with him lately and my feeligs for him have changed, but could I really be falling for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter