The Choice

Through Thick and Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jessica?"

I fluttered my eyes open when I heard the sound of my voice being called. My vision blurred, so I couldn't see who it was, but I could tell whose voice it belonged to. I kept blinking until my eyes' vision returned to normal.

"Jess? Are you alright? Wake up," he said to me as he rubbed the side of my waist.

My eyes found my blond headed best friend sitting on my bed while I awoke from my sleep. I guess I fell asleep after crying so much. I looked to the window and it was already bright outside. Last thing I remembered was that it was night time.

"Is it morning already?" I asked.

"Yes." He kept rubbing me to wake me up. "You slept through the night. It's already eight in the morning."

I arose from my lying position. I looked around. "Did Taecyeon come back? Is he here?"

Kris gave me a sad look. "No. He hasn't," he said as he shook his head. "I'm sorry, Jess about last night. I didn't mean for it to go that way."

I shook my head. "No. This is all because of me. If I just let Taecyeon explain what happened that night when I saw him, then I wouldn't have made this crazy trip all the way out here."

Kris grabbed my hand. "Jessie, I'm glad you came out here. If you didn't, who knows when the next time we saw each other. It's been two long years without seeing your bright face. I don't think I could have waited longer."

I looked up at him and could see this hopeful look in his eyes. "Kris."

He squeezed my hand. "Jess, I know I told you that I love you and that you said that you loved me, too, but I want to make things right."

I gave him a look of concern. "What do you mean?"

"I want to settle this arguement with Taecyeon. I don't like seeing you upset and it kills me inside to see your frown." He took both of my hands in his. "I'm going to go find Taecyeon and I'm going to bring him home." He stood up and let go of my hands then left my room with no other words to say.

 

Kris's POV

I walked out of the house and got into my car. I had to do this for Jessica. I had to find Taecyeon and settle this before it ends up hurting everyone of us.

I began driving to the places I could think Taecyeon would be at. It wasn't easy.

Taecyeon was wandering San Francisco without a car, so he couldn't have gone too far from the house.

I wanted Jessica to be happy. I hated seeing her cry. I hated seeing her frown. The only way I could make this better for her is if she had her husband by her side and also the baby's.

As I drove along the piers by the ocean, I found the familiar male figure walking along the pier. I opened the window and shouted towards him, "Taecyeon!"

He turned around after being called and saw me. He had this frown on his face as he walked up to my car. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter