Shocked

Falling for Him

       First period had already put you in a bad mood, making you not ready to take on the rest of the day. Your so called 'friend' ignored you the whole hour. You knew exactly why, she was just being a big baby. She was jealous from yesterday because you were talking to someone else and not her, which pissed you off alot. Because you knew why she was mad, you didn't even bother to ask her what was wrong. "She does it to me all the ing time. It's okay for her to do it, and not me? I wasn't even ignoring her. She never started conversation and I sure as hell wasn't going to if she was going to give me sass..." You thought in anger, as you took a seat in your next class, which you also didn't feel like dealing with. This stupid kid named Zelo always goofed off and tried to be funny. He was nice to you, but he was still annoying.

     "Table two! Homework!" Your teacher called out. The four people from your table approached his desk. You, Zelo, Chaerin, and Dara. You didn't talk to any of them besides Dara every now and then, only cause she is nice. Chaerin seemed kind of scary, but when you talked to her, she was always nice.

    Zelo turned around, and bumped into you, knocking the notebook out of your hands. "Oops, I'm sorry!" He bent down to pick it up.

    "Thanks..." An annoyed tone came out, and he looked back at you.

    "Is everything alright?"

    "Oh, yeah... I just have a headache, that's all..."

    "Okay." He smiled, then whispered in your ear. "I'll try and be quiet for you today then." You chuckled, and shook your head in disbelief.

    Forth period had finally arrived after an okay 2nd period and a being ignored all 3rd period. You were glad to see your next friend... Only to have more stress come upon you.

    "YuNi, I need my shirt back!"

    "I already told you! It's gone. FOREVER."

    "Told me what?"

    "It got flooded in my basement, remember?"

    "Well, then you owe me $50."

    "Pft, more like $25, and besides, you really think I'll even be able to manage to get that?"

    "I can't get that shirt anywhere else but online! You know how my mom is!"

    "Then I'll order it for you, once I get the money."

   "Well, my sister and I aren't talking to you until you ive it back. My sister's even more mad at you cause she never got to wear that shirt!"

    "You know, I could understand if I burned it with my own two hands, but what happened wasn't under my control. You guys have no right to be mad at me. And I said I'd buy you guys a new one so chill."

    "Whatever."

    "Great." You flung your arms in the air, sitting down. A feeling of anger and sadness run through your veins. "Who else is going to get mad at me today???" You thought, putting your head down. You wanted to cry, but you were in public. Today, you could really use a real friend.

    You didn't pay any attention to forth period. The bell rang and you decided to skip lunch, and eat in the girls bathroom. A few girls came in, played around, and left. Your mouth watered as you tried to take another bite of your sandwhich. You stood up, and threw the sandwhich in the dirty toilet water, flushing it afterwards. You covered your face as you started crying, and kicked the stall in anger. "When am I actually going to to get some real friends? Who does it matter who I talk to, or what I can't give back? I don't get mad at any of you from all the you put on me, or atleast I don't express it!" You sat back down. "I give you guys no ing problems, but yet, it's okay for you to give them all to me?" You got back up and washed your face, glad no one else was in the bathroom to hear you talking to yourself.

    Another lonely hour passed, but you didn't care that no one talked to you. You didn't want anyone to. You most certainly did not want to go to your next class either, since all of your 'friends' were in there which you went out of your way to switch around hours for them.

    "YuNi, what page did we have to read up to?" Your 'friend' from first period asked.

    "Uhmmm. 13, 14...?" You flipped through your book to double check, hiding your anger. "Yeah, 13."

    "Oh, cause that's five ing pages."

    You looked away from her. "No, you don't have to read the introductio, it starts on paaage..." You flipped through your book again. "Eight, second paragraph." She didn't resond. " you too." You wanted to flick her off.

    You wrote down your homework as the bell rang, and headed back to your second hour class to get that assignment too.

    You made your way out of the exit, relieved that you made it through the day without hitting anyone. "Cause that's five ing paes!" You mimicked her in your head, not paying any attention to your surroundings. "Who the do you think you are? Grow the up .... I'll shove those five pages down your throat!" You crossed the main road, still not paying any attention to your surroundings. You made it to the center lane, and went to cross the next two. Frequency rushed through your ears as you turned to see a bus, eager to run you over.

    "YUNI! LOOK OUT!" You heard someone yell at the top of their lungs. They ran to you, pushing you safely to the grass, their body hovering over yours. You looked at the boy in shock. He lifted you to sit up. "YuNi, are you okay?" He spoke, breathing heavily.

    "I-I... What... What just happened...?"

    "You almost got hit by a bus."

    "Zelo... You... Saved me...?"

    "I wasn't going to just watch you get hit. Not when I had every chance in the world to save you."

    "Zelo...." You looked at him, then started sobbing in his chest, not caring about his reactions. "Today... It was the worst! I get betrayed by all my friends, have no one to talk to, and then I almost get hit by a bus?!"

    "YuNi..." He nervously wrapped his arms around you. "I'm sorry..."

    "Don't yo think that means something? Maybe I was supposed to die.... I wish I would of...."

    "YUNI!" He grabbed your shoulders, forcing you off his chest so you were facing him. "Don;t EVER say that!" He let out a sih after noticing your eyes becoming teary again. "Listen... I'm sorry you had a bad day, but never wish that upon yourself. Cause... People do care for you... Especially the ones you'd least expect." He kissed you on the forehead "Let me walk you home." He grabbed your hand, and lifted you up.

    Moments passed, and you finally spoke. "Thanks Zelo..."

    "Don;t thank me."

    "Why?"

    "Because..." He looked up, trying to avoid eye contact with you. "I never stopped you from saying what you did..."

    "Zelo...." Your voice softened. "I didn't mean it..."

    "I know... But... It still hurts people when you talk like that."

    "I.... I don't mean to sound rude but... Why do you care so much?"

    He turned to face you. "I..." He inhaled a deep breath. "Look. We all have these... You know... Suicidal thoughts. It affects us as individuals... A lot... Most of us are strong enough to make it through those tough times like you and I.... But.... Some of us don't. Some of us don't have enough emotional training, which leads to suicidal thoughts and.... Ends up prevailing them.... Like my little brother..." You heard his voice crack at his last words, and your eyes widened.

    "Zelo... I didn't kn-"

    "You deserve better YuNi."

    "I-I'm.... I'm sorry...."

    "Don't be.... As long as I know that I can protect you, or anyone else, that's all that matters to me. I'm not going to make that mistake again."

    The both of you approached your house. "Thanks Zelo. Really." You let out a smile, that you've been longing for the whole day.

    "No problem." You started to walk towards your door. "Hey." You heard him call out.

    You turned around. "What?"

    He handed you a small piece of paper with his number on it. "If you need anyone, I'm here."

    "Yes." Your smile turned into a grin.

    "You promise me you'll talk to me when you're down?"

    "I promise."

    "Call me tonight." He waved, walking away.

    "I will!" You waved back, then rushed to your room to watch him walk past your house through your window. You felt your face warm, and you giggled. "Finally!" You plopped on your bed, holding the paper to your chest. "Someone who I can talk to!"