4

Crystal Guardians

C H A P T E R  F O U R

T R A P - 1


 

 

Himchan quickly woke up as the warm sun light hits his pale face, waking his nerves and senses. His eyes darted to the five Guardians, still sleeping peacefully. It reminds him the calm faces of the Crystals. But they’re gone and not turning back alive anymore. He gently shook Yongguk’s shoulder, trying to wake him up. “Yongguk. It’s morning already..” But he didn’t even budge a bit. Himchan turned to the youngsters, shaking their shoulders. “Wake up wake— Aish.” Himchan stood up, with his hands placed on his hips, then he took a really deep breath, “WAKE UP! BAHAMUT IS HERE. YOU’RE ALL GOING TO D—“ Within seconds, the boys already scrambling up all over the place, grabbing their weapons and stood up to a fighting stance. Their eyes popped out as they looked around, there’s nothing around except a large green field and…..a warm sun. Youngjae is the first one who realised that they’re being tricked by Himchan. He took off his gauntlets and smacked Daehyun’s head so he’ll back to his senses. Yongguk glared at Himchan menacingly, “You dare to make my heart stopped in the morning? I’ll cut your head off, mister.” He snarled, dropping his blade to the ground. “And you’ll lost the most greatest Archer in the universe.” Himchan replied, taking his bag to search a breakfast bar. “We’re not going to hunt this morning?” Zelo asked, as he catched a breakfast bars from Himchan, passing it to the others. “We’re going to waste so many time, the Crystal is going to be crushed in any time if we didn’t get there in time.” Jongup said, munching the breakfast bar while watching Youngjae getting updates from the living Crystal. “She’s still alive?” Himchan asked, already equipped his suit and propped his bow on his back. Youngjae, Daehyun, and Jongup nodded in the same time, but their eyes still glued on Youngjae’s tablet. “Eat fast, we’re going to the Water Temple. And… We still need to find the key.” Yongguk said, eating his breakfast while wearing his armor.

After a few minutes, they already prepared everything and ready to get going on their journey, “Okay. Let’s go guys..” Yongguk started walking, with his hand holding a compass which led them to the Water Temple. But suddenly, Daehyun’s head throbbing like mad and his ears are ringing. He closed his eyes in pain and shook his head lightly. It feels like there is someone trying to get inside his mind and talking with him. “Dae..Daehyun? You alright?” Youngjae placed his hand on Daehyun’s shoulder, supporting him. He opened his eyes slowly and looked to Youngjae, flashing a warm smile and nodded. “I-I’m fine..” He said, and followed the others behind. ‘The pain.. It’s different than any other pain that I’ve ever felt..’

Daehyun..

Their steps getting heavier as the time goes by, walking up to a hill, getting lost for a while in the forest, climbed up a rocky mountain, and the sun is already right above their heads, and it feels like burning them slowly. Zelo is trailing them behind, his steps getting slower and slower. “Are we there yet?” He asked for the hundred time, getting impatient and tired after a long walk and they’re not arrived-yet. Yongguk sighed and closed his compass, placed it back inside his pocket. “We should be arrive there soon. Patience, Zelo.” He said, even at these times Yongguk could be the most calm person from any of them. Youngjae closed his eyes and took a deep breath, letting it out with a long sigh. Jongup rested his back on a big rock behind him, trying to steadying his breath. And again, Daehyun’s ears are ringing, but this time his head didn’t hurt like before. He jolted in shock as a female voice was heard inside his head.

Daehyun… There's a trap..

“AHH!” A loud scream came out from the second youngest, Jongup, and he’s suddenly missing, nowhere to be found. “Jongup?!” Yongguk’s eyes widened in panic, and Daehyun snapped back into reality, quickly run to where Jongup stood before. Youngjae placed his tablet back inside his bag, rushing next to Daehyun. He scanned the rock and he placed his hands on the rock, lightly pushing it. The rock seems can be moved, but Youngjae’s strength is not enough to make it move to the side. “Guys, need help. The rock can be moved..” Youngjae said, gritting his teeth while pushing the large boulder in front of him. The others starts to help Youngjae pushing the rock away and slowly it moved to the side, revealing a large cave. “Damn. I didn’t even realise there’s a hidden path here..” Himchan said, dusting off the dirt on his hands, stepping inside the unknown cave. “Jongup? Where are you?” Yongguk shouted, and then there’s a faint groan from deep inside the cave until jongup’s voice was heard below. “I’m.. I’m here!” The latter shouted, and others quickly went, following Jongup’s hoarse voice. The cave was indeed deep and cold, with a damp air, making them hard to breath. Water dropped from the cave ceiling, and the rock walls are mostly covered in moss. Youngjae’s hand holds against the wall, but then he felt something weird on it. He stopped and brush the moss away, revealing an ancient carvings, his eyes widened and swept the moss again. “Hidden passage to the Water Temple. Things sure changes pretty fast..” He said and get his tablet to update the Datalog inside. “Youngjae. Come on.” Daehyun pulled Youngjae’s shirt, so he won’t lost from the group.

CLANK!

A sound of metals—swords to be exact, colliding and echoing through the cave.

“YONGGUK!” Another shout from Jongup, and they rushed to where Jongup is. Sensing a bad feeling. All of them grabbing their weapons, ready to fight whoever it is inside. Their eyes widened after what they just saw, a blue-green snake like, flew over to charge Jongup with its’ might, battling with him.

Leviathan.

"The Eidolon King... Born of the Northern Sea itself, he is the Lord of All Waters, and unchallenged champion of the Eidolons."

They hurriedly went to give Jongup a backup, a loud screech came from behind, the Leviathan opened its’ mouth and created a wave around them, hitting them with a huge wave that it created, damaging the Guardians from behind. Yongguk was crashed to a rock right on his head, Himchan was sent off to the side after the wave hit him, Zelo stucked his long staff into a gap on the wall, holding him and Youngjae from the wave. Daehyun and Jongup were pulled closer to the Leviathan because of the wave. “No no no no—“ The Leviathan opened his mouth again, trapping both Daehyun and Jongup inside a water orb, making them suffocate inside it. The water orb slowly rised up higher, killing the trapped Guardians slowly. Zelo and Youngjae quickly went behind the Leviathan, Zelo quickly casted Barthunder, to enhanced lightning attack damages to Youngjae. Youngjae changed his gauntlets to the electric gauntlet, and sparks come out from his knuckles. He jumped to the Leviathan and punch it right on its’ back, giving the Leviathan an electric shock. The water orb dissolved, Daehyun and Jongup fell on the ground on their stomach, coughing the water out from their lungs, but then Jongup fell unconscious after the great impact. The Leviathan staggers and this time, Yongguk came from the front side, running with his blade on his hands, giving a powerful swing to hit the metal scale of the water serpent. Himchan stood up, aiming his bowgun to the Leviathan, launching arrows right to its’ head, targeting to the eyes. “How the hell did this guy raging up on us?!” Zelo shouted, casting Protega to all of his brothers. “I. Have. No. Freaking. Idea.” Youngjae said, succeed to climb up to the Leviathan’s back.

The Leviathan was throwed to the side after getting hit by Yongguk’s powerful damage, plus Youngjae managed to electrocute it. Himchan squinted his eyes, aiming from his bowgun. “Youngjae! Yongguk! Hold him!” Himchan shouted, without questioning Himchan’s plan, both assigned Guardians do what Himchan told. Yongguk quickly run to its’ tail and stabbed his blade hard on it, making the Leviathan hard to move. Youngjae climbed up higher, and locked his legs around the neck, and his hands grabbing tight on its’ horns, forcing the Leviathan to face Himchan. It flails its’ head, making it hard for Himchan to aim right. Youngjae punched the Leviathan hard on its’ head, then turned it again to face Himchan. Zelo know the older’s plan, and he casted Enthunder to him, making his arrows sparking electricity. Himchan pull the bowgun’s trigger and shoot it right on the eye, electric sparks right all over the Leviathan’s body, making it fell lifeless with a loud thud. Youngjae jumped down and sighed, looking at Yongguk who pulled out his blade. On the side, Daehyun pulled Jongup to the side, healing the latter one, trying to wake him up. “That was.. shocking.” Himchan said, walking closer to Yongguk and Youngjae. “I wonder how this thing going mad on us. Did Jongup wake him up or something?” Zelo asked. “That would be a ridiculous thing to do.. We should ask him after he’s fine.” Yongguk said, and his eyes caught on something shining through the Leviathan’s stomach.

He kneeled right next to the stomach, and stabbed his pocket knife, cutting the flesh open to find out what it is. “Oh gosh… Look what I’ve found.” He said, his hand went inside the stomach, pulling an unknown object out. The Gate Key. “Damn. I bet this guy is hungry and ate the key..” Youngjae shook his head in disbelief and took the key from Yongguk. Slowly, the Leviathan disappeared and turned into a soul spheres. The soul spheres absorbed to Zelo’s staff, and it’s glowing blue. “Whoa. What did just happened?” Zelo looked at his staff and observed it carefully, “Does this means—“ “You can summon the Leviathan, Zelo. Good for you!” Himchan said, ruffling Zelo’s dark-blue hair.

A large shadow crept behind Youngjae’s back, and withing seconds, Youngjae was tossed to the side, smashing him to the wall, and he slumped down to the ground, his head bleeding.

The key is now in someone’s hand. The Cie’th.

The Guardians back to their fight stance, and slowly the shadows turned into humans, and an emblem right on their arms, showing that they’re..

“Cie’th. Why did you come here?” Yongguk asked with an angry tone, pointing his blade to Tao.

“Slowing you guys down, the Crystal won’t survive any longer.” He calmly said, playing the Gate Key on his hand. “This one seems easy to be broken, right, Sehun?” the taller one asked, his hand gripping tight on the key, ready to break it in pieces. Sehun replied with a nod, looking straight to Yongguk, signalling he’s not scared with him. “Don’t you dare to break it, or I’ll kill you. You better give it to us.” He said, threatening both of the Cie’th.

 

 

 

 

“Well, try to kill me then.” Tao smirked, tossing the key up to the air, ready to fight with Yongguk.

 

 

 


 

OKAY. HELLO. Sorry for the.......rushed chapter. I should admit this one is a bit rushing tho.

Subscribe and comment and feedbacks please? c:

Sorry /again/ for the crappy chapter.