Krisyeol

Switch 6 → 31

From the times when they were young till the day Kris was taking Chanyeol’s high school graduation photo for him.

Be it rain or shine, he had always been there.

Standing alone under that oak tree, waiting for that small figure to squeeze through that gate so that they could go to school together.

Chanyeol wasn’t small enough to squeeze through that gate anymore but Kris still waited for him, he waited and waited and waited. Just so that he could see that tiny smile across the other’s perfect face.

His friends said that he had waited long enough, but Kris thinks otherwise, he just can’t seem to let go. Even when he saw the scandalous photo on Chanyeol’s twitter.

He finally knew why his heart hurt so much now.

But it was too late, too late to let go.

—-

From: Chanyeollie
number: - private number -
hey hyung! I’m returning tomorrow! Australia is so fun! I can’t bear to leave but I missed you too much so I’m coming back! Haha! :P Don’t have come to the airport! I’ll head over to your place once I get back! Keep on missing me!’

Kris sighed as he read the same text message over and over again. He wanted to ask Chanyeol about the photo but he was held back by his own fear, his fear of being abandoned. He had recently figured out that he was gay, that he liked his neighbour Park Chanyeol, a boy 2 years younger than him. No actually, he didn’t like him at all. He loved him. His friends had questioned him over various questions and had effectively proven that he was indeed in love, but in love with someone that he shouldn’t have chosen. But love is unexpected and no one should be blamed for loving someone else.

Kris threw his phone aside as he fell onto his bed, his back sagging into the soft materials of his covers. Staring at his black ceiling decorated with luminous stars, familiar memories flooded his mind, bringing him back to the very first day he had met with his love.

 

~

A/n: raw and unedited sorry T^T