7

Deaf

Taeyeon walked into her next class and found that there was a projector at the front of the room.

She looked over at the teacher who was announcing something.

"Alrignt kids! Take your seats next to your partners, today we are going to watch a documentary on what we have been learning, then we are taking a test!" the teacher said.

Taeyeon sat.

A documentary? Wait, that means there is going to be a voice - over.

Taeyeon immediately got up and walked to the teacher.

"Yes Taeyeon?" she said.

"Can I speak to you outside, please?" Taeyeon asked politely.

The teacher looked at her weirdly but walked outside.

Taeyeon sighed, "Look. I don't think I can listen to the documentary."

The teacher furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean? You can listen to me. You're listening to me right now."

Taeyeon shook her head, "I'm not listening to you, I'm guessing what you're saying using your lips. I'm deaf." Taeyeon said calmly.

The teacher laughed and shook her head, "Nice try Taeyeon, now get back in class."

Before Taeyeon could say anything the teacher already walked in.

Well, I guess I'm failing this test.

Taeyeon sat down at her table angrily.

The documentary began, and like Taeyeon guessed, it was a voice - over, that means she couldn't read any lips, so she had no idea what the person was saying.

Taeyeon sighed and placed her head on the table, not wanting to look at the screen.

After the video was over the teacher passed out the tests.

All the questions were about the documentary and what it was about, one question asked for a specific quote that was said.

Taeyeon sighed, yet again and guessed on all the questions, finishing first in about 1 minute.

She got up and passed the test in, everyone looked at her in shock, including the teacher.

She looked at the teacher and checked if she was going to say anything.

"You didn't read the questions right, you got all the questions wrong." the teacher said, writing 0% on her paper.

Taeyeon shrugged, "I read the questions right."

"Then you didn't watch the documentary." the teacher said.

"I watched." Taeyeon said simply.

"You didn't listen."

"Because I cant!" Taeyeon snapped, obviously annoyed at the teacher.

Everyone in the room was watching the scene happen.

The teacher became angry at Taeyeon.

"Principle office, NOW!" The teacher yelled.

Everyone in the class flinched from the teachers loud voice.

Everyone, but Taeyeon, who gathered her stuff and walked out silently.

She walked to the principles office and went inside.

The principle looked at Taeyeon, not knowing who she was.

"Can I help you?" the principle asked.

"I was sent here." Taeyeon said calmly, as she sat on the chair in front of the principles desk.

"Why were you sent here?" he asked her, sitting up straight.

Taeyeon sighed, "For saying I was deaf."

"But you aren't, you are talking to me right now." the principle said.

Taeyeon sighed, again, known it was useless because some people are complete idiots.

"So you are not deaf?"

"I am." Taeyeon said calmly.

"You're talking to me."

"I'm observing your lips, I can't hear you." Taeyeon explained.

"Yea, sure you are. Detention everyday after school for two weeks."

Taeyeon clenched her fist before she walked to her next class.

Was it really that hard to believe that she was deaf?