Chapter 2

Mong Family and the Runnningman

#chapter 2

 

Jongkook  gives the PD the chopstick. And its...

“Hmm... Its...” the PD tease them.

“Ya ppali!!!” shouted Jongkook and Jaesuk.

“Its...”

They hold their breath and-

“Gary...” said the PD.

Jongkook looks surprised. He’s with the flat Gary? How come? Jaesuk looks to Jihyo, Jihyo looks blank and seem like they all are blank. Mong Runningman?

“Gary ya! I’m sorry but you can’t with your Monday Girlfriend, since she’s paired with Jongkook. Commander you’re with the Ace.”

 

Jongkook POV

“Gary ya! I’m sorry but you can’t with your Monday Girlfriend, since she’s paired with Jongkook. Commander you’re with the Ace.”

COMMANDER YOU’RE WITH THE ACE. That sentence keeps on replaying in my mind. I’m with Jihyo? So we’re the only team who has appa and eomma? Why I feel more nervous! Ya Kim Jong Kook! Focus!

 

Jihyo POV

“Gary ya! I’m sorry but you can’t with your Monday Girlfriend, since she’s paired with Jongkook. Commander you’re with the Ace.”

WHAT THE SMURF? I’M WITH KOOKIE OPPA? Eotteokhae? Wait. Why am I thinking like this? It’s usual to be a team with Jongkook oppa. And what did I call him earlier? Kookie oppa? What kind of name is that? What’s happening to me?!

 

No one POV

They become blank. Jongkook and Jihyo? The Commander and the Ace? What a perfect combination! The muscle and the brain are going together, nobody can beat ‘em. This isn’t a joke really.

“So I’m with Gary? Ya you Jongkook! How come you choose Jihyo?! Yaa it’s no jokes really!” said Jaesuk.

“Jinja.. Ya! They are the strongest, they can beat us easily! Jongkook has muscle and Jihyo has brain!! It’s unfair!” said HaHa to the PD.

“JONGKOOK HYUNG! How come you betray me?! Are you following Kwangsoo?!” shouted Gary. His comment makes everyone laugh.

“I don’t betray you ya Gary ah! I don’t know whose names on it!!” said Jongkook.

The PD laugh so hard with their comments. The teams go to their own car and get their mission there. Jongkook looks to Jihyo and they both go the car. As they come in, they look for the mission card but its nowhere to find. Jongkook opens the windo and shouts to the PD.

“YA! Where did you put the mission card?!” shouted Jongkook. The PD just shrugged their shoulders, means doesn’t want to tell. Jongkook shook his head and continue on searching.

“Oppa I got it!” said Jihyo. They immediately open and read it.

 

ANNYEONG A NEW FAMILY! Here’s the hint of the first place. You can eat there and you know the place well. And you also know the owner well. If you’re the first to arrive, you’ll find your kids first and will get advantage. So ppali!

 

“Oppa! What do you think? You can eat there? So is it a restaurant or a cafe? But absolutely its a place where we can eat.” said Jihyo.

“And they said we know the place well. What restaurant you know well Jihyo ah?” asked him.

“Hmm. Honestly when I eat somewhere, I just eat and  don’t mind where the place is as long the food is delicious. How about you?”

Jongkook chuckles hearing that.

“Ya you’re so blank! Hmm... I think...” he hasn’t finished but Jihyo cut him.

“Is that HaHa oppa’s restaurant? We can eat, we know the place well and we also know the owner well? Is that so?”

“YA YOU’RE SMART! YEAH OF COURSE IT’S HAHA’S! Let’s go there!” Jongkook quickly drives to HaHa’s restaurant. No matter what, he has to win.

“Ppali oppa!” said Jihyo in excitement. She can’t wait any longer to meet the kids. She likes kids.

“Jihyo ah. You like kids, don’t you? We’re going to have kids.” said Jongkook. His words made Jihyo embarrased. ‘We’re going to have kids’ such a question that feels weird in variety show.

“Ne.” Jihyo answered awkwardly. Jongkook could feel the sense of awkward so he automatically finds some topics to chat. The car is going smoothly and without they realize, they already arrived.

 


 

“Oppa seems we’re first? But why its so quite and nobody’s here? And where’s the VJ? It’s not HaHa oppa’s restaurant?” asked Jihyo while wondering around. Jongkook looks confused too. They enter the restaurant. Jongkook looks around and sees cameras in every corner of the building.

“Jihyo ah! There are cameras! It should be for filming right? For what does Haha put camera? And it doesn’t look like for CCTV, so I guess we’re right for coming here.” Jongkook gave her his opinion. Jihyo nods but still look confused.

“I think there’s something hidden here. Like a mission card maybe? Why do we go here without any reason. Did they hide it?”

“I think so. Let’s find something. It could be a mission card or maybe a video? Like the episode with Park Jisung? But I don’t think they make it that far...”

Jihyo walks to the left and starts searching in the cupboard, in the chair, same like Jongkook too. They even search in the place that nobody will think like above the camera? It’s such a crazy opinion but in Runningman, nothing’s impossible.

They become annoyed because they couldn’t find any hint. Jihyo walks and blankly she bumps to the chair. Jihyo falls and again, blankly, she just falls without any scream or shout. Jongkook catchs her but something distracts his sight. He stares under the chair. Jihyo looks to the direction that Jongkook sees and she quickly gets up and takes the red envelope under the chair.

Both of them opens it but there is nothing. Jongkook throws it away. He walks to the camera.

“Ya! What do you mean with this?! What should I find?! I don’t have any idea about that!” complained Jongkook to the PD by the camera on the corner.

Beep beep.

Jihyo’s handphone ringing. She opens it and there’s a message from SBS Runningman.

 

From: sbs.runningman
Chukhahae! You guys found the red envelope! Save the envelope go to Incheon Airport. You’ll meet the PD there. Better to quick! Please arrive before 11pm!

 

The PD is watching all of their actions by the camera he left. They also see how Jongkook complained but they didn’t care at all. Seeing Jongkook complained is usual thing.

“Oppa! Now 9.30 pm already! Kkaja!” said Jihyo and pulls Jongkook to the car. Jongkook blushed when Jihyo touched his arm. Seriously what did he just think?

They’re inside the car and they go to the airport.

“We’re on 4 days trip right? So are we going to go somewhere? I think we’re gonna take a flight.” said Jongkook.

“I thought the same. Manager eonnie yesterday told me to prepare my luggage. She said it’s for Runningman filming. I asked her why but she just said to me to prepare.” answered her.

“I think the puzzle of today’s mission is going to be solved. We go to the airport, yesterday we were ordered to prepare our luggage, and we need to arrive there before 11 pm.”

“I think 11pm is our flight. But I wonder of the others oppa. Are they fine? Or they still don’t get where they have to go?”

Jongkook laughs seeing the girl’s concern towards other members.

“Gwenchanayo. They’re not a fool. And I think HaHa and Gary are so silly if they don’t know where it is.”

“Yeah me too. Oppa wake me up when we arrive there. Araso?”

“You want to sleep? Wait, I have a pillow in the back. Take and sleep with it.”

“Can I? I think it’s your favorite pillow.” Jongkook nods. Jihyo doesn’t want to take it and said she’s fine without the pillow. But Jongkook is still the commander.

“Ya Jihyo ah. Take the pillow and sleep with it. Your neck will be hurt if you don’t use it. Take it.” Jihyo took and use it. She isn’t scared of Jongkook but his words are sweet yet bold.

“Araso. Gomawo oppa. If you want me to exchange, you want to sleep, I’ll drive the car. Just wake me.”

Jihyo sleeps and Jongkook laughs seeing her blank expression. He whispers to the camera in front of him.

“See her expression. No wonder she’s called mong. Even when she sleeps, she looks really blank. Its kyeopta right? And I wonder why did she tell me that to wake her when I want exchange. Afterall I won’t exchange. She’s a girl and boys have to protect the girl. Yah! Why I am so cheesy? It’s not Kim Jong Kook. Ya PD ah! You aren’t planning to broadcast this right? It’s really crazy haish Jongkook what did you say! Don’t you dare to broadcast this or even replay this...”

 


A/N: here's the chapter 2. i posted it at late night sooo mianhae~ give me your opinion about this. should i continue?