After The Storm Comes The Sun

After The Rain

 

8 Years Later…..

 

The garden behind the house was decorated for a special event. Everyone in the village came to witness the wedding of Jessica Jung and Donghae Lee. Jessica was getting ready in her room. She was almost done when the door creaked open and two heads popped in from the door. Jessica turned her head and nodded to them so that they could come in. Her mother who was tying her hair into a neat bun smiled at her two children and told them to come in. She finished what she was doing and went to Yunho and Krystal to hug them. They broke the hug and paid attention to the queen of the day. She turned around and the other three people in the room looked at her in awe. There stood Jessica in a beautiful white traditional wedding gown, “Sica Unnie!” Krystal hugged her and was followed by Yunho. “You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen!” Yunho said. They were so engrossed in their conversation that they forgot about the other person in the room. Mother just chuckled looking how her children interact with each other “Alright, we have to get the bride ready” Mother raised her voice making the three now adult children realized that they were not the only ones inside the room. They giggled and the other two stepped aside so their mother could finish whatever she had to do. Mother took the veil from the table and placed the little comb in between Jessica’s hair so it would not fall off. Mother took a diamond necklace that she had and placed it around Jessica’s neck “Something old” she said then the earrings that Jessica was wearing “Something new” she smiled. She took out a small hairpin from the jewelry box which had a blue flower on it and place it in Jessica’s bun “Something blue” she turned around the bride in a 360 degree circle and clapped her hands. “And now you are the perfect bride…….. Jessica” she said and kissed both of Jessica’s cheeks.

 

 

#

 

 

Jessica walked down the aisle to the altar that her family and friends made. As she walked, she looked around and saw the faces of the station workers, villagers, her friends and family who all smiled at her. Her family and the old gentleman, Donghae’s grandfather, who were sitting in the front row, hugged her when she arrived in front of the altar. Donghae held out his hand which Jessica gladly took it. There they stood in front of the pastor and the ceremony started.

The ceremony was almost at its when the pastor asked “Does anybody wish for these two not to be married?” The pastor looked around the audience and was about to continue the ceremony when a mysterious man from the audience raised his hand and stood in the aisle “I object this wedding” he said. The murmurs from the audience could be heard. The mysterious man walked halfway to the altar and said “I would object this wedding if I didn’t have the chance to walk my daughter down the aisle.” Everyone was shocked that the person that Jessica and her family were waiting for all this time had finally came back. Jessica and her family walked toward the father and stopped right in front of him “Are you really my father?” she said with welded tears. “Yes it’s me, Sica my dear” Jessica hugged him and Yunho asked “Where were you?” he looked at his now gray haired father. “I would like to tell you but we wouldn’t want to ruin the wedding, do we?” Father laughed and they all smiled.

 

 

#

 

 

The people in the audience stood up once again as the bride walked down the aisle once again but with her father this time. Everyone was clapping and smiling widely as she walked down the aisle until she reached the altar once again. Father, who was holding Jessica’s hand, raised both of their hands before placing Jessica’s in Donghae’s hold. “Take care of my daughter well” he warned Donghae which was replied with a nervous nod by the latter. Jessica and Donghae stood in front of the pastor and the ceremony started without any interruptions this time.

 

Jessica was dancing with her father after the wedding. “Why didn’t you come back earlier?” Jessica asked as the swayed to the slow music. “Because it wasn’t the right time” he said and smiled at his now grown little angel. “How did you know that we were fine all this time?” she asked again “Well, let’s just say I have my connections” Jessica just laughed softly and continued to dance in silence after that. After the song ended, Donghae walked towards them and smiled at his father in-law “Can I have a dance with my wife?” Donghae asked politely which was granted by the older man. He handed his daughter to her husband, not forgetting to kiss both of her cheeks. “Hello, my lovely queen” Donghae said as the started dancing “Well hello” Jessica said and smiled at her husband. They danced to the music and told sweet words to each other. “I love you, Sica, my ice princess” Donghae said to his wife and kissed her cheeks “I love you too my fishy prince… forever” Jessica said and kissed his cheeks. Jessica didn’t care about everything that was going on around her because she was happy and contented with what she had, a loving husband and also her wish that her father would come back was granted on the same day she was tied to her lover… She was happy with what she has right now.