Feel and Hear

If YOU Could See ME Now

“Aunt Lindy! I have a friend! And he's my best friend!” Yoogeun shouted as he ran to the back of the house where his aunt was setting the table for the two of them.

I chuckled at the kid and instead of following him, I decided to wonder a little of this mysterious big courtyard house. The interior was not beautiful but modern. It had a metallic sense consisted mostly the color of grey, black, and white. I scrunched my nose a little, detesting the colors of the house. I was actually hoping that this house would be painted and decorated with bright colors. What a waste for such a beautiful courtyard house…

I walked up the stairs and stared down the hallway. Every room got a different type of color and texture for their respective doors. A hand painted rainbow colored door caught my attention. I grinned and turned to my left. I reached out for the door knob and twisted it. And when I caught sight of the room I grinned from eye to eye and jumped on the red bean bag. Lying on my back, I stared up to see helicopters, planes, plastic stars that glow in the dark, and other few colorful soft toys hanging from above the ceiling.

“Now, this is much better…” I sighed satisfied with the setting and decorations of the room as I folded both my hands behind my head and relaxed.

*****

Meanwhile…

“Oh, yeah? Who is this friend you met?” Lindsay asked her nephew who was jumping excitedly up and down. She shook her head when he grabbed a piece of chicken from the plate. “Yoogeun, where’s your manners?”

“Sorry, Aunt Lindy…” he apologized giving his signature pout but ate the chicken nonetheless. When he finished, he his fingers in satisfaction.

“Yoogeun, go wash your hands now!” Lindsay ordered the youngling.

“But first I’ve got to go get Kyuhyun for dinner. He said his tummy was growling.” Yoogeun said and hopped up the stairs shouting the name of his new friend he just made a while ago.

Lindsay could only just shake her head and chuckle lightly at her nephew’s insistent behavior.

“Maybe he’s too lonely…” she sighed and pulled a seat out, sat down and started eating first.

*****

“Hah! I knew you’d be here! Caught ya!” and before I could get up to avoid being pounced on by the small beast, he already landed face flat on my stomach and giggled.

I laughed as he tickled me at the sides.

“’Okay, okay… ha-ha… stop it, Yoogeun. I surrender… ha-ha!” I couldn’t stop laughing. And finally he got off and stretched out his hand. I took it and got up. I dusted myself and followed that bouncing toddler out of his room, down the stairs and into the dining area.

“Aunt Lindy, meet Kyuhyun!”’ he immediately called out when she was in sight. She was surprised by the sudden outburst.

“I don’t see anything, sweetie…” she said slowly and raised an eyebrow. “Yoogeun stop playing this silly game with me for now. Get on here and eat, now!” she ordered and pointed the seat opposite her.

Yoogeun turned into a sulk and pulled the chair and climbed on it to sit while I stood next to him, obediently.

“Why are there only two plates?” Yoogeun asked.

“Because there’s only the two of us,” Lindsay said slightly rolling her eyes. “Yoogeun, don’t play with your food.”

“Yes, Aunt Lindy.”

The more I looked at this particular aunt of Yoogeun’s, the more interesting she is to me. I walked over to her side and bent down until our face level were the same.

She smells like raspberry…

Suddenly I could feel her body tensed up and I let out a soft chuckle. She turned to see but found nothing weird beside her.

Well, isn’t she kinda cute with full?

She quickly got up and went to the sink to wash the dishes up.

At least she felt and heard me…

I walked back to Yoogeun’s side and he offered me he’s leftover food which he couldn’t finish. I scraped the last mouth full into my mouth as I whispered, “Your aunt is cute.”

“You betcha!” the little kid smiled cutely and took the plate from me when his aunt turned around to check who he was talking to.

“Who was that?” she asked frowning.

“Kyuhyun,” the child answered innocently and honestly. I couldn’t help but chuckle softly.

“Fine, whatever, bring me your plate. It’s surprising you finished your food today.” She grumbled annoyed.

After handing his plate to his aunt, Yoogeun came to my side and grabbed my hand and lead me up to his room once again.

We played and talked until it was time for him to sleep.