The New Boy

The Change of Feelings

Jessica walked through the school gate.

And then, a boy greeted her. “Hai!”

Jessica looked at the boy, “Sorry, do I know you?”

The boy laughed. “No, you don’t. And, I also don’t know you.”

“Then, why did you greet me?” Jessica asked.

The boy shrugged, “Well, why can’t I?”

Jessica rolled her eyes and walked away.

She went to the class. Not long after that, the bell ringed and the teacher came into the class. And Jessica saw the boy that greeted her earlier following Mr. Lee, their teacher, from behind.

“Okay, now children, we have a new student here. His name is Jonghyun. Jonghyun, can you please introduce yourself?” Mr. Lee said.

“Yes, Mr. Lee.” He said. “Hai, guys, I’m Kim Jonghyun. People usually call me Jjong. Please take a good care of me.” Jonghyun bowed.

“Okay, you can sit beside Jessica. The girl over there.” Mr. Lee said while pointing at Jessica.

“Wait, what? No, no, no. It’ll be awkward for me and him, okay.” Jessica thought.

Jonghyun walked to the seat beside Jessica and sat down. “Hi!” he said to Jessica.

Jessica smiled a little at him. “Hi!”

“So, I guess now we know each other?” Jonghyun grinned.

Jessica was annoyed. “Well, I don’t know. Not really, I guess.”

And then, they just focusing on Mr. Lee.

---------------------------------------

- Recess Time –

“Okay, class, now you may have your break time.” Mr. Lee said.

Jessica walked to the door but then Mr. Lee called her, “Jessica, can you take Jonghyun around? I should’ve be the one who does that but I’m kind of busy right now, so, yeah. Can you?”

Jessica actually is not a kind of girl who’ll take a new student around. But well, what can she do?

“Yes, Mr. Lee. I’ll take him around.” Jessica answered.

“Okay, I’ll tell your next teacher that maybe you two will gonna be a little late.” Mr Lee said.

Both Jonghyun and Jessica nodded.

And then, they took a walk around the school.

“So, you’re Jessica?” Jonghyun asked. “I’m Jonghyun.” He said while offering a handshake.

“I know that you’re Jonghyun.” Jessica ignored the handshake. “So, this is the music room, and this is the library, and the laboratory.” Jessica explained.

“So, how old are you?” Jonghyun asked.

“You don’t have to know. And this is the hall, and the soccer field, and also the tennis court.” Jessica continued.

“Do you have any sister or brother?” Jonghyun asked again.

“Yeah, I do have one. And this is the yard, and this is the teacher office..”

“What’s her name?” Jonghyun asked.

“Please stop!” Jessica shouted. “I’m trying to show you around okay. Just be quiet. Don’t ask me anything or say anything.”

“Okay, then.” And after that, it went quiet.

After like one and a half hours, they already exploring all the school’s side.

“Okay, let’s take a break.” Jonghyun said while walking to the opposite direction.

“Where are you going?” Jessica asked.

“To the canteen. I want to buy some drinks.” Jonghyun said.

“But we need to go back to class.” Jessica said.

“Well, it’s up to you. You can go back to the class if you want, but I’ll be here and drink some fresh drink.” Jonghyun said.

Jessica finally followed Jonghyun to skip class.

“You finally decided to follow me, eh?” Jonghyun .

“Shut up!” Jessica hit Jonghyun.

Jonghyun rubbed the part where Jessica hit. “Ouch, Jess.”

Jessica acted like nothing happened.

“Oh my god, and now you act like nothing happened.” Jonghyun complained.

Jessica stepped on Jonghyun’s foot.

Jonghyun groaned in pain. “Will you stop doing that?”

Jessica acted like she doesn’t hear what Jonghyun said.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Argh, whatever.” Jonghyun said while he walked away.

Jessica laughed and followed Jonghyun from behind. “Hey, I’m sorry, Jjong.”

“I don’t hear anything.” Jonghyun covered his ears.

Jessica grinned. She ran and stopped in front of Jonghyun. She uncovered Jonghyun’s ears and said, “I’m sorry.”

Jonghyun hid his smile.

Jessica chuckled. “I know you’re smiling.”

“No, I’m not.” Jonghyun lied.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Whatever you say.”

Jessica went to a table and sat down.

Jonghyun sat in front of Jessica.

Jonghyun ordered two drinks for them.

He rested his chin on his hands. “So, I see that you’re feeling down. What happened?” Jonghyun asked.

Jessica looked into Jonghyun’s eyes. “N-nothing happened.” She answered while sipping her drink.

“Oh, come on. I can see it in your eyes, okay. You can fool everyone else but not me.” Jonghyun said.

“It’s none of your business.” Jessica said, coldly.

“Is it because of a boy?” Jonghyun grinned.

Jessica looked down. “No.”

“Oh, so, it’s because of a boy. Is he your ex?” Jonghyun asked.

“I told ya no.” Jessica looked away.

“So, he’s your ex. And that means either he’s bothering you and asked to get back together again or you still hoping that he’ll look at you again. Am I right?” Jonghyun sipped his drink.

“How do you know?” Jessica asked; half whispering.

“Oh, that’s what girls always worrying about, okay.” Jonghyun grinned. “And I know what’s best to forget about those kind of problems. Well, not for a long time, but it’ll help you a bit.”

Jessica looked at Jonghyun. “Really?”

Jonghyun nodded and grinned.

“Can you tell me how to forget it?” Jessica asked.

Jonghyun shaked his head. “No, no. I can’t tell you. But I will if you want to go with me after school.”

 


sorry for the late update, cause exams are coming up, so yeah. i should study. i know this chapter is kinda boring. but don't worry, i'll try to find more inspirations c: and thanks for the new subscribers c: i love y'all <3