Of sickness, sweet boyfriends, and pink ballons

Of sickness, sweet boyfriends, and pink balloons

There, perfect.  Kyuhyun thought to himself as he put the finishing touches on his present that he was preparing for his dear boyfriend.  He finished tying the knot and put it on the desk along with the other very pink decorations.  There were pink balloons tied with pink ribbons, and the gift had been gift wrapped in pink paper.  It wasn’t his fault that his boyfriend’s favorite colour was pink, a very unmanly shade of pink at that.  Kyuhyun looked over his hard work and smiled to himself in approval, now all he had to do was wait for Sungmin to show up to class.

Just then, Kyuhyun’s friend, Donghae, walked into the classroom with an amusing smirk on his face.

“Wow Kyu, you really went all out didn’t you?” He asked while looking at the decorations that covered Sungmin’s desk.

“Well of course, it’s our first anniversary and I want it to be special.” Kyuhyun replied with a dreamy smile on his face at just the thought of Sungmin’s face when he would see all this.

Donghae almost burst out laughing at Kyuhyun’s sweeter than usual behaviour.

 “Well, I hate to burst your bubble.” He started as he walked over to Sungmin’s desk and started to play with one of the balloons tied to the chair earning a slap on the hand from Kyuhyun.  “But, Sungmin just called me and he told me he wasn’t feeling well so he wouldn’t be coming to school today.”

Kyuhyun looked over at the other in disbelief, he was probably just messing with him and Sungmin would walk in any minute.  He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Donghae, waiting for the other to let up on his prank.

“Don’t give me that look Kyu, I’m serious, Min’s sick and he’s not coming today.  He even asked me to get his homework for him.” Donghae tried to convince the younger, but Kyuhyun still wasn’t buying it.

“Oh yeah?  If Minnie really were sick, he would have told me.” The latter rebutted.

“Min told me that you probably wouldn’t believe me.  The reason why he didn’t call you was because he didn’t want you to worry about him, let alone on your anniversary.” The fish-like boy explained.

That was when Kyuhyun stopped to think about his hyung’s words.  Not telling him that he was sick for fear he would worry was something Sungmin would do.  He heaved a heavy sigh, thinking about what he would do next. 

“I suggest that you pack up all that pinkness and take it to him yourself, you know as an anniversary gift.  Plus I’m sure seeing you would make him feel better in an instant.” Donghae suggested, breaking Kyuhyun’s train of thought.

==

So that’s how Kyuhyun ended up in front of Sungmin’s front door, hauling all the decorations with him, balloons and all.  He knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

Sungmin’s mother opened the door and her face lit up when she saw Kyuhyun standing there.

“Kyuhyun!  What a surprise, what are you doing here?  Don’t you have school?” She asked as she leaned forward to give, the boy who she considered to be her third son, a hug.

Kyuhyun politely hugged her back, pulling back quickly as she smelt oddly of fish, and smiled at her.

“Yeah, but I skipped because I heard that Sungmin was sick.  So I stopped by to see how he was doing.”  He said as innocently as he could.

Hearing this, Mrs. Lee’s face lit up and she stepped away from the door, inviting Kyuhyun in.

“Come on in Kyuhyun, Sungmin’s right upstairs resting in bed.” She informed and after looking at what Kyuhyun was holding she sighed happily and added, “Aigoo, my son is so lucky to have a boyfriend like you.” She cooed before stepping into the kitchen to resume her cooking. 

Kyuhyun swiftly stepped into the house and set down the balloons for a minute to recover from his long walk to Sungmin’s house.  That was when he was practically tackled to the ground by Sungmin’s 7 year old brother, Sungjin.

“Kyu-hyung! Did you come to play with me?” The little one asked cutely, looking up at Kyuhyun with large, round expecting eyes.

“Not today Sungjin, I came to see your sick brother.” He said and he picked up the smaller one and playfully threw him in the air, making the child giggle in happiness.

“Again! Again!” The little boy said, clapping his hands together when Kyuhyun put him down.

“Maybe later alright? I’m going to deliver these balloons to your brother now.” He smiled as the child nodded in satisfaction and ran off to play elsewhere.

Kyuhyun smiled at the adorable little boy and then picked up his balloons again and made his way up the stairs to Sungmin’s room.

Once up there, he knocked on Sungmin’s door and when he heard a faint ‘come in Kyu’ he pushed open the door to reveal a very sick looking Sungmin.

“Hey Minnie, you don’t look so great.  And how did you know it was me?” Kyuhyun noted, finally putting the balloons down relieved to be able to set down those damn things for good.

“Thanks Kyu, like I didn’t know.  And I heard you and Sungjin downstairs.” He said that last part with a slight pout on his lips, followed by a lung-racking cough.

Kyuhyun smirked and crossed his hands over his chest, “What’s with the pout Min, you jealous of your own brother?” He paused, and added just for fun, “Well I do admit, he is quite the cutie.”

Sungmin didn’t even try to deny it, he just continued to pout and he turned his head to the side, refusing to face Kyuhyun.

“Aw don’t be like that my Minnie, you know you’re even cuter in my opinion.” He said as he walked over and sat down on the edge of his boyfriend’s bed.

“Whatever Kyu, and what’s up with the balloons?” He looked in the direction of the bundle of floating pinkness.

“That and this is to celebrate our anniversary.  So, happy one year Min.” Kyuhyun said while pulling out the present from his pocket.

“Kyu.” Sungmin started, looking at the beautifully wrapped gift.

“No need to say thanks Minnie, just open it.” He said while playing with the other’s soft hair.

Even though he felt like crap, Sungmin proceeded to unwrap the beautifully packaged present.  Inside a small box was a gold chain with a locket dangling from it.  When he opened up the heart shaped locket, it was a small picture of the two of them together kissing sweetly.

“Thank you Kyu, I love it so much.” He whispered, looking up at Kyuhyun with a smile.

Instead of replying, Kyuhyun bent down and kissed his sick boyfriend sweetly on the lips.  It was a simple, sweet kiss but yet it was full of love. 

“Aren’t you afraid that you’re going to get sick too?” Sungmin asked innocently when they broke apart.

“Well if I do, it’ll be worth it if it means getting to kiss you.” Kyuhyun replied sweetly, gesturing for Sungmin to make some room on the bed for him as well. 

Sungmin shifted over and threw back the covers to let Kyuhyun in, immediately cuddling up to the other.  Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Sungmin and was about to kiss him again when he noticed how hot Sungmin’s body had become.  He put a hand to Sungmin’s forehead and started panicking when he felt that his boyfriend was burning up.

“Gosh Min, you’re burning up, wait here.” Kyuhyun instructed before getting off the bed and running into the bathroom to get a basin of cool water and a washcloth.

He came out of the bathroom and immediately put the damp washcloth on Sungmin’s forehead, effectively cooling down the other.

“How did I get so lucky as to get such an amazing guy as a boyfriend?” Sungmin asked once feeling a little better.

“Naw Min, I’m the lucky one, now I want you to calm down and rest for a while.  Watch some TV or something alright?” Kyuhyun said in a serious tone, helping Sungmin readjust his position so that he could see the TV in front of him. 

Once settled, he got back in the bed with Sungmin, putting the latter’s head on his lap as they both watched some drama that was on.  

==

About an hour later, Sungmin complained of going from being hot to having some intense chills.  Kyuhyun looked down and he indeed saw the other shivering.  He looked around for the blankets, but they had somehow ended up in a heap on the floor and Kyuhyun was too lazy to get them.

So, Kyuhyun improvised.  He took off his sweater and draped it across Sungmin’s shaking body.  As Sungmin was about to say thank you to his sweet boyfriend, he saw what exactly Kyuhyun was left wearing.  After taking off his sweater, all Kyuhyun had on was a tight, black muscle shirt which brought out all his muscles very well. 

All Sungmin could do was stare in awe at his boyfriend’s well defined abs and he couldn’t help but start to drool a little.  Kyuhyun of course caught his boyfriend staring and he smirked.

“I thought you were sick Minnie, and when you’re sick you shouldn’t be having such thoughts now should you?” He teased a blushing Sungmin.

“Whatever Kyu.” Sungmin mumbled before turning his attention back to the TV, making the younger smirk in victory. 

“Alright Min, I think you should take a nap now, you look exhausted.” Kyuhyun suggested after a while. 

Sungmin began to protest but was interrupted when he yawned, proving Kyuhyun’s point.  He hated it when the younger was right.

“Fine, but promise you’ll be here when I wake up?” Sungmin asked while making himself comfortable on Kyuhyun’s lap again.

“Yeah Min, I’m not going anywhere.” Kyuhyun reassured, bending down and kissing Sungmin quickly on the cheek.

“Thanks for everything Kyu-bear and happy anniversary.” Sungmin mumbled tiredly before closing his eyes.

“Happy anniversary Min and I love you.” The younger whispered, making Sungmin smile as he drifted off into dreamland.


Inspired by me getting sick this week...blehhh :p.

Comments are strongly apperciated <3

Enjoy guys! ~ :)