Chapter 2 - Keeping up with the Kims

Me and My Brother’s Best Friend
 

 

Author POV:

 

After school

 

“Bye guys, see you all tomorrow”

“Wait! You’re not coming over to my house to play today?” asked Sooyoung.

“Nope, sorry. My brother is back. You guys know that he doesn’t like me going anywhere when he’s back”

“What? But today is not Saturday nor is it Sunday. Ah! Must be because your Bro finish a case early right?” smirked Tiffany to which Taeyeon nodded happily.

“So we are going to see you on Saturday evening right unnie?” asked Amber while rising one eyebrow.

“Huh? What’s up on Saturday?”

“Hahaha this is going to be funny” laughed Hyoyeon. Taeyeon gave her a what-do-you-mean look and right before Taeyeon can ask her…

“YOU FORGOT?!” exclaimed Yuri. When Yuri had shouted, Hyoyeon was laughing her off…again! That’s twice she’s kissing the hard concrete pathway today.

“FORGOT WHAT?” Taeyeon asked in the same tone as Yuri.

“YUL’S EVERYONE-IS-INVITED PARTY ON SATURDAY EVENING!” shouted Hyoyeon making no attempt to stifle her laugh whatsoever.

“WHY ARE YOU ALL SHOUTIN-”

“SHUT UP!” screamed Tiffany, cutting Amber’s sentence.

“Now, let’s not shout shall we? Its hurting my ear and we are attracting unwanted attention” said Tiffany sweetly which is creeping us out.

“Deh!” we all said to avoid HellFany.

“Right. Thanks Pany. I-“

“It’s back to school recovery party Taeng! And since its me and Soo’s last year this year, I’m gonna throw lots of parties” Yuri smiled wickedly at Taeyeon while thinking of something else in the process.

“Anyway! I don’t want to come to the party. I rather stay at home and play games then being in a crowded place like that. You all know I don’t like that” Taeyeon explained to them truthfully. Well almost truthfully.

“No. You just wanted to hang out with your beloved brother. Come on! We all know you’re one of them people who like to go clubbing every night. Anyway you’re going there because I hired you to, remember?” said Yuri.

 

 

Taeyeon POV:

 

“HEY! I don’t like to go clubbing! I just like to sing, dance and party that’s all. Totally a different meaning then clubbing Yul” I explained. Just to be clear, I hate attention! Any kind of attention except for when I’m singing and dancing.

But wait… hired?

“Whatever you say Taeng” Soo smirked.

Hmm… Hired?

“Hello? Earth to Dork unnie! Earth to dork unnie! The Dookongs are landing!” exclaimed Amber.

Oh yeah! I forgot! She did hire me! I usually don’t accept her offer, but I needed money to buy this new game that I like. That’s why I accepted her offer. Besides, she’s a rich kid. There ain’t no harm in that.

……..Wait…….

“WAIT. DOOKONG! WHERE?!”

“Glad you’re back TaeTae. Anyways! You’re coming right? Cause Yul hired you and you already agreed that time. You can’t back out now” said Tiffany sternly.

Aish! That Amber… I’m gonna get her with Soo’s help someday. She distracted me too.

“Right… right… I forgot about that. Just remind me again Saturday morning okay guys? I’m coming over on Saturday afternoon so we can practice for the whole day but for now I got to go. Its getting late and I’m afraid my brother is going to lodge a police report if I don’t return soon” I said while running off.

“Bye Taeng!” They all said simultaneously and again, I can hear them laughing right after. Dorks.

 

 

At Taeyeon’s House

 

 

Author POV:

 

“I’m Home!” shouted Taeyeon.

“UNNIE!”  Shouted a not-so-little-but-giant little sister, Sulli. Sulli ran towards Taeyeon and pulled her in for a bear hug, choking the latter.

“SSUL! I… C-C-Can’t... B-Brea-“

“Right! Chorry wunnie! I’m just sho excited to shee you” explained Sulli full of aegyo.

“Okay. You’re creeping me out. What does my baby sis wants? And where’s oppa?” said Taeyeon while walking to the kitchen putting her bag down in the process and searching the refrigerator for food.

“UNNIE! I’m 15! I’m not your ‘baby sis’ anymore” whine Sulli.

“And oppa is not home yet” continued Sulli.

Taeyeon just hummed and motion her to continue while she is now searching the cabinet for some canned food she could heat up and eat.

“Anyways! I need your help” said Sulli seriously.

“Help you with what?” Taeyeon asked carefully.

“Regarding Yul unnie’s party tomorrow evening” said Sulli.

“WHAT! NO!” exclaimed Taeyeon so loud that it woke another person staying in the house.

“Oh come on unnie! I’m not asking you to ask Yul unnie to invite me, everyone is invited anyway. I just need you to help ‘cover up’ for me when big-“

“Taeng? Ssul? Whats with all the shouting? You two woke me up” said the sleepy girl walking her way to the kitchen sitting down at the kitchen’s chair while laying her head on the kitchen table.

Taeyeon looks at her baby sister who is giving her the pitiful puppy look. Taeyeon seeing her cute little baby sister like that is unable to do anything but sighs.

“Hey Soonkyu, mian… Ssul was accusing me of being a ByunTae” lied Taeyeon. Well partially lied. Sulli did stick a post-it behind her back which says ‘I’m a Byun, RAWR :P’. Unfortunately for Sulli, Taeyeon discovered it but just ignored it because the latter had done this too many times already.

We’ll talk about this party later young lady” mouthed Taeyeon to Sulli.

“Well that’s because you are” said Sulli while sticking her tongue out at Taeyeon.

Thank you unnie, Saranghaeyo” mouthed Sulli back.

Sulli slapped Taeyeon’s and ran up the stairs laughing.

“YAH! BYUNSSUL!” shouted Taeyeon.

“BYE SOONKYU UNNIE! SARANGHAEYO~” exclaimed Sulli in her room.

The older girl just chuckled and is now sitting up straight. Sulli’s laugh was still heard even if she was already in her room.

“YAH! Soonkyu…” pouted Taeyeon.

“Aww… You’re so cute Tae” giggled Soonkyu. She stands up and kisses Taeyeon on the forehead. But then she realized something important she forgot to do…

“YAH! SSUL! YOU HAVEN’T KISS UNNIE YET!” pouts Soonkyu.

“Soonkyu~ I’m hungry~” whine Taeyeon ignoring the latter’s pout.

“Arasso. You didn’t check the oven did you Tae? I left the food I cooked there for you to heat up after school” said Soonkyu.

“Where’s Hae oppa unnie?” ignoring the latter’s previous question.

“Yah! Don’t ignore my question! And Hae got a little work to do, but he’ll be home any minute from now” explained Soonkyu while heating up the food she cooked earlier this day.

“Aww… I thought he’ll be home by now. Its close to evening too” sulked Taeyeon.

“Don’t be like that Tae, you know he’s busy. Now go call your little sister to eat. This will be finish in a few minutes” said Soonkyu.

“Okay” said Taeyeon solemnly, walking slowly up the stairs.

Taeyeon was approaching Sulli’s bedroom which is just next to her room. She knocks on the door thrice before entering her little sister’s room.

“What are you doing?” questioned Taeyeon.

“Packing. I’m staying over at my best friend’s house and would only be home on Sunday afternoon” explained Sulli, without even sparing a look for her older sister as she continued packing.

“Thanks for agreeing to cover for me tomorrow unnie” said Sulli cheerfully, finally turning around after she finished packing and hugged her sister.

“I never agree to cover for you. I never agree for you to go to the party and besides, you’re staying over at your best friend’s place. Ain’t that enough excuse for big sis?” asked Taeyeon, confuse of the situation.

“I thought so too. But unnie let’s not forget that unnie and oppa ain’t that stupid to believe that I will ‘behave’. They will call me every one hour, checking up on me and it will be annoying!” said a frustrated Sulli.

“And besides, we need each other’s help if we want to attend that party”

“And why is th-“

“SHUUSH! As I was saying, we need each other’s help because for my case, If you help me they won’t call me and in your case… I won’t rat you out but if I do then we both can’t go to the party” smirked Sulli.

“YOU EVIL LITTLE DEVIL!” exclaimed Taeyeon.

“Thanks unnie! All you need to do is sleepover with me or at Yuri unnie’s for tomorrow evening until Sunday afternoon. That’s all” said Sulli with a smile.

“URGH. FINE” said Taeyeon in defeat.

“TAE! SSUL! YOU BOTH BETTER GET DOWN HERE BEFORE I DRAG BOTH OF YOUR BUTTS DOWN!” shouted a male voice.

Both girls exchange looks before running down the stairs while screaming…

“HAE OPPA!!!”

“Oomph!” groaned Donghae, lying flat on his back with two big girls on top of him on the kitchen floor.

“Soonkyuu~ SUNNY! YAH! LISTEN TO ME! Help me!” begged Donghae to his older sister.

“OMG! TAE! SSUL!” exclaimed Soonkyu who is now known as Sunny.

She approaches the three of them and…

“OOMPH! NOONA!!” whine Donghae but laugh it out at the end.

“THIS IS FUN. Now get up all of you and lets eat dinner” said Sunny with a smile standing up, pulling all the three siblings up and motioning them to sit. Right before Sulli and Donghae can sit, Sunny kisses their cheeks and sat down.

Taeyeon just giggle at the sight.

 

 

Taeyeon POV:

 

“Let’s pray first before we eat” said Sunny unnie. I rather call her Soonkyu though. She hates when other people call her that name but she loves it when ONLY we call her that.

*silence*

“OKAY! LETS EAT!” screamed Hae oppa. We all chuckle at our silly Hae oppa.

“So how’s school my two baby sis? JINX!” said oppa and unnie simultaneously. Ssul and I laughed.

“Same old, same old. JINX!” Sulli and I answered. We all laughed. I love my family.

“So how’s work unnie? Oppa?” I asked them.

“It’s very tiring. I just got off work early today because my boss is so nice that she rewards us an early leave for a big case we solved recently” said Soonkyu unnie proudly.

“Wow! Being a criminal lawyer is hard huh sis? Being a detective is tiring too. We just finish a big case too and I believe the information is being transferred right now to your department” said Hae oppa proudly too.

Me and Ssul were just listening to their conversation until Ssul decided to ask a question that is lingering in my head too.

“Why do it?” Ssul asked seriously.

“Huh?” asked the confuse unnie and oppa.

“I think what Ssul meant to asked was, why do you two keep on doing your job if it’s tiring? Is it because of money? I can work too you know, you two could find another job that is less tiring, and a job that requires you to STAY in this house and is HOME frequently and not late at night” I emphasized stay and home on which I directed to Hae oppa and Soonkyu unnie. Hae got to, basically, ‘live’ at his office because his works always doesn’t finish in one day. Same goes for Soonkyu unnie but unlike Hae oppa, Soonkyu’s boss is nicer and let her off early than other workers because the boss knew that Soonkyu unnie has to take care two younger sisters.

“Silly girls” they both said.

“Yes, it is tiring. Money is one thing lil sis but we keep on doing it because…” Soonkyu unnie looks at Hae oppa motioning him to continue, in which he gladly did.

“Its fun” Hae oppa said, grinning.

“And you Tae. You better stop working. I know you work because you’re always home late. All you need to do is focus on your studies okay? Be like Ssul, she focused on her studies and not work. Leave the financial business to us, mom and dad would love to see you and Ssul to graduate school and go to college just like us. You’re both smart and I know that cause smartness runs in the family blood” grins Soonkyu unnie.

“I’m not working unnie, oppa. I told you I’m jamming with Yul, Soo, Am, Hyo and Pany” I pouted. Its true though. I always have jam session with them. After that, we go off performing earning money. The money we earn, they all give it to me and Amber because they know we need it. Me and Amber are okay with it because those other four are so RICH. So its all good.

“I missed mom and dad” I said suddenly.

Damn!

I shouldn’t have said that.

I hate this silence…

“Alright unnie! I finished my dinner. Can I go to my best friend’s house now?” Sulli asked breaking our conversation and the uncomfortable silence.

“Alright alright. I’ll send you Ssul. Hae must be tired from work anyways. Tae wash the dishes after you and Hae finish eating okay? I’ve finished my dinner too. Go and get your stuff Ssul I’ll wait for you in the car. And Hae, you go rest” said, well, more like ordered Soonkyu unnie.

“Deh unnie!” we all said and giggled afterwards.

Ssul ran up the stairs and down bringing her bags with her as quick as lightning. She kisses me and Hae oppa on the cheeks and went out the front door locking it too from the outside because she got the key.

Me and Hae oppa just giggled and continued eating our almost finish dinner.

“So I heard you’re sleeping over with Ssul at her best friend’s house tomorrow?”

WHAT! SSUL TOLD THEM ALREADY. I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT GIRL. She sure is smart skipping a year, being a freshman with Amber this year and now this.

“HAHA! Yeaaah... HAHA!” I said nervously. I was never really good at lying. I can’t use my wits out of this one. Unlike earlier, I can’t find any truth to cover up this lie.

“Okay then weirdo. Haha. You take care of your sister and make sure she’s not in trouble and won’t be sleeping with ANY guys on tomorrow evening at Yul’s party got it?” said Hae oppa seriously.

“Yes Sir” I nodded my head nonchalantly.

WAIT.

“YOU KNEW?!”

“I’m a detective for god sake kid and our unnie is a criminal lawyer. We are best at deducing things and solving them. And besides, Yul’s party is the talk of the town. Even mine and unnie’s colleagues are going to that party” explained Donghae calmly while putting his dish in the sink.

“Wow. I’m speechless” I said. Then! Something hit me!

“Haha… So… Uh... A- Are you two co- coming to the p- party?” I asked nervously. OH GOD PLEASE DON’T LET THEM GO.

“No”

YES!

“BUT!”

AWW *pouts*

“Stop making funny faces Tae… anyways, it doesn’t mean that you and Ssul can go off being wild at the party. Behave. And take care of yourself AND your little sister. I trust you both. You both are big enough and you, being the big sister to Ssul, should look out for her” said Hae oppa.

“You don’t have to tell me twice about that” I said imagining any guy that tries to violate my lil sis, breaking in two parts with blood all over his body. MWAHAHA!

“Wipe that crazy smile of your face Tae and don’t go crazy now, if you end up killing any bastard that tries to violate our precious! And sacred! Lil sister…”

“…just throw him in the river. Nobody will find his body there. MWAHAHA!” laughed Hae oppa maniacally.

“YOU’RE RIGHT OPPA! MWAH- MWAHAHAHA!” I laughed maniacally too.

“DON’T BE STUPID YOU TWO! NOBODY IS KILLING ANYBODY. AND IF YOU DO TAE I’M TAKING ALL OF OUR BABY PICTURES BACK! SPECIFICALLY THE ONE THAT SHOWED OUR BUTTS!” threat Soonkyu unnie.

Me and Hae look at each and just laughed our guts off!

“I don’t know how your sister arrived home and is already in her room, but I do know that I can count on you both. Now I’m gonna go to sleep. Tomorrow I’m going out with an old friend. You should meet my best friend tomorrow if you’re not busy. Anyway! Don’t stay up too late Okay? Night baby sis” Hae oppa patted me on the head and went upstairs to his room.

Well. I guess that’s that. Better wash this dishes quickly. I’m scared of being alone in the kitchen! It’s all because of the stupid game I played yesterday. Slendguy? Was it? Whatever.

*clank*

“Eeep!” I shrieked. I finish washing the dishes and ran upstairs to my room.

I’m looking forward on meeting my brother’s best friend tomorrow. This is because, so far, my brother’s circle of friend whom I met was…HOT GUYS! OMG! I HOPE HE’S HANDSOME! OR HOT! OR BOTH! AND SINGLE!

“Kyaa!” the fangirling in me screamed.

“TAE! SLEEP!” shouted oppa and unnie.

“Mian oppa! Mian unnie! Night!”

“Night!” they both shouted.

Goodnight world! I will see you tomorrow! Especially my brother’s best friend… Hehee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC~

 

 

Whattup peeps? hehe :D I'M SO HAPPY BECAUSE OF YOUR COMMENTS COMMENTERS~~ 

I understand now how reading comments give you like... BUBBLES OF ENERGY! *Fangirling*

Phew~ Yeah okay. That is it. Hehee~ Hope you like it~~ until next time :)

Thanks for reading and subscribing! Comment :)