Wife

The Many Incidents of Eric and Hyesung's Relationship

(God damn it, Hyesung was not the wife!) 

Hyesung knew, he knew from the start, that participating in Shinhwa Broadcast would require him to humiliate himself beyond anything he had ever done. He thought that it would be okay—since the other members were there to be as humiliated, if not more, as him. It was a golden opportunity, he thought, being able to spend time and have fun doing something he—no, they, all love together, and getting to have a shot in the modern day K-pop circle that seemed to have no place for them.

But perhaps, just perhaps, he was starting to regret agreeing to this. Just a teeny tiny bit.

Because of all the ridiculous things he had been subjected to (he swore he couldn’t dig a deeper hole of self-humiliation even if he tried), this by far was the most ridiculous, and the least pleasant out of them all.

Shin Hyesung has done it all, he had been dressed in drag, he had showed off his less savory side, he had been completely embarrassed more than just a few times—but this was just asking too much of his good will and patience.

Shin Hyesung was a singer, an idol, proud of his work and for whom he was, but he was not, by any means, going to be Eric’s wife.

“This is ridiculous!” He half-laughed half-sobbed, because even if he finds a situation displeasing, he still needed to smile for their fans. “Even if we have to play this game, why can’t he be the wife?”

The MC was starting to run out of excuses and the PD was giving him the death glare of a lifetime—but he didn’t care. Why him? Actually, why Eric of all people? Why couldn’t it be Junjin or even Dongwan? It wasn’t that he disliked Eric, oh no, but they’re water and oil for a reason. And to have Eric carry him as a husband would a—he shuddered to think of the word—wife was a blow to his pride and dignity.

“Think of it like this,” Minwoo cut in, ever smooth and caring, “If it was the other way around, would you be able to handle Eric?”

Hyesung stood in silence and grumbled because yes, Minwoo was right, as always. But he still didn’t want to admit defeat. It wouldn’t be Shin Hyesung if he admitted defeat easily. So with a snort, he said, “Then why can’t I be with anyone else?”

He actually knew damn well why he couldn't be with anyone else. His first choice had actually been Junjin, but it seemed like everyone else had the same idea. And Junjin, with a look of abject horror, moved swiftly away from the others and behind the unmoving Andy—who was arguably the lightest in their group. Andy didn’t seem to mind being the wife (the maknae probably wanted to treat his hyungs like servant boys since he was technically the ‘wife’), and even seemed extremely pleased when Junjin chose him.

Minwoo and Dongwan, then, decided to partner up. After a brief discussion of how much the other weighed, Minwoo conceded to being the wife. Because, Minwoo had reasoned, Dongwan’s muscles made him weigh a ton and besides, said muscles would have an easier time lifting him than Minwoo would trying to lift Dongwan.

That left Hyesung with Eric.

Which made Hyesung extremely displeased.

“You should feel happy,” Dongwan said, “Eric’s the only one of us who hadn’t had any back problems.”

Hyesung glared unabashedly at Dongwan, not at all sated with that statement.

“Come on, hyung, it’s just a game,” Junjin pleaded, using his powers as baby bird to try to dissuade his mama bird from throwing a fit.

Hyesung’s resolve melted slightly, and it was enough for the more rational part of his mind to take over and convince him that he was only being a stubborn mule and was stalling both the program and the production team. Guilt stabbed at his heart and with a pang of reluctance, he conceded with a sigh.

“Fine,” Hyesung said, regretting his words already, “I’ll do it.”

Minwoo clapped his hands together and the MC announced for all of them to come up to the starting line and get in position. Hyesung trailed behind languidly, sulking all the way, and when the MC told them all to get into positions, Hyesung glared at Eric, whom was kneeling in front of him with his arms stretched out.

“We shall never speak about this,” Hyesung said, casually stepping closer to Eric and letting the man sweep him off his feet as he was carried bridal-style, “Ever.

Eric grinned—Hyesung never felt a greater need to punch that stupid smile off his face—and stood up to walk over to the starting line, “Whatever you say, honey.”


AN: This one is pretty short, considering how long it's been since the last update, but this is all I could make TT^TT Sorry, I'll give you a better update next time.