Moving In

The Many Incidents of Eric and Hyesung's Relationship

 

(“Your house or mine?” “That sounds like a pick-up line”)

It was more logic than anything else that dictated the choice that they should move in together. They weren’t strangers, they were a couple and well recognized and generally accepted by their close friends and family members. They act out the principle of ‘What’s yours is mine and what’s mine is yours’ down to the tiniest details, they practically shared everything together. They were so comfortable around each other that there wasn’t a day where one or the other invaded each other’s personal space (usually, Eric invades Hyesung’s personal bubble). Heck, their houses were even a few doors down in the same apartment block.

So why was Hyesung so insistently rejecting Eric’s idea of living together?

Eric groaned as he plopped himself down on his too big couch, ignoring Gomdori’s curious whimpers and nudges at his socked feet. Eric was starting to run out of ideas on how to persuade his stubborn lover. He had tried everything from begging, sweet-talking, giving gifts, threating to serenading. Yet no matter how many times Eric had humiliated himself (or Hyesung) the guy still had the heart to refuse to accept his idea.

Well, Hyesung was as stubborn as a mule, Eric will give him that, but Eric didn’t get Hyesung to date him out of sheer luck alone.

Oh yes, Eric grinned as his mind thought up various plans and schemes, he was going to make Hyesung break.

“Aren’t you excited Gomdori?” Eric scooped up a confused Gomdori and giddily fidgeted in his seat, “We’re going to be a family! You, Pilgyo, and me. We’ll live together, have meals together, and play together! Isn’t that fun?”

Gomdori replied with a short yip.

“No, he hasn’t agreed yet,” Eric said with a frown, “You know how your other father is. Makes me wonder how we got together sometimes.”

Gomdori whined.

“Oh, of course I know it was mostly through my effort and hard work!” Eric said, beaming with pride.

Gomdori gave a series of barks.

“Thanks, but I don’t need luck, Gomdori,” Eric gave his pet a small peck on its nose, “You’ll see, soon we’ll be living under the same roof!”

Gomdori barked twice.

“I meant that we’ll be living in the same house, I know we live in the same apartment building! Geez, maybe you’ve been spending too much time with him…”

---x---

“No,” Hyesung seethed, “How many times do I have to tell you that ‘no’ means no and nothing you do is going to change that?”

And another failed attempt found Eric getting scolded at by an irritated Hyesung.

Eric was about to reply that he would probably have to repeat that for an infinite number of times until Eric decided to give up, but wisely decided to keep his mouth shut so as to not aggravate the man even further. Hyesung always had quite the temper, and Eric would like to leave to see the next day, thank you very much.

“Honestly,” Hyesung continued, “You’re so stubborn! I’ve already told you nicely multiple times, rejected you outright for even more, and shut the door on you more than twice already! When will you get the hint?”

Again, Eric wisely chose to not respond to that question.

Hyesung continued to rant and complain about Eric’s headstrong attitude, as well as several unrelated things such as his tendency to do strange and completely random things. To Eric’s defense, he was bored, and it was better to be weird and interesting rather than to be normal and boring.

Hyesung finally (finally) ended his tirade with a long and overly dramatic sigh as he ungracefully sat opposite of Eric on his plush sofa (identical to the one in Eric’s apartment), massaging his temples as he did so. He leveled Eric with a blank stare, but Eric knew him long enough to be able to see the bubbling irritation that lay beyond his cool façade.

“Eric,” Hyesung said calmly, “Do you remember when we came out to our parents?”

Eric snorted, of course he did, it was one of the funniest nights of his life. “Yeah. What’s that gotta do with anything?”

Eric could clearly see the urge to slap him silly rise in Hyesung’s features. “They were discussing about throwing us a wedding even though we haven’t even thought about getting married.”

“And so? They thought we were dating even before we actually did. Isn’t normal for families to plan a bit ahead?”

“My point is,” Hyesung emphasized, “That I’m not comfortable with their prying, and moving in together would make them pry even more. Eric.” Hyesung sighed, but his previously angry features had softened into an almost desperate look with slight loving undertones. It was one of those expressions that assured Eric that his boyfriend really did love him. “Junghyuk, you know how uncomfortable I was—still am—about all this. I love you, but I’m still not used to all this. I don’t think I’m ready for people like our family and friends to pry into our love lives.”

Aww, Hyesung said he loved him.

As much as Eric wanted to stay on cloud nine at the fact that Hyesung said he loved him (which was a once in a blue moon chance), he had a distressed Jung Pilgyo to try and comfort. So putting on his best serious face, he went over to where Hyesung sat and soothingly rubbed his back.

(Whilst his mind was still dancing at the sheer fact that Hyesung said he loved him)

“Pilgyo…” Eric cooed, “You know I’ll never coerce into something you’re not comfortable with.”

(Eric decidedly ignored the pointed stare Hyesung fixed him with.)

“So if you’re still not comfortable with living together, then that’s fine by me.”

Hyesung smiled gratefully, thankful that Eric relented, for once.

“But when you do…”

And the smile was gone as soon as it came.

“Do you want me to move in or do you move into my place?” Eric asked, innocently looking up at Hyesung.

Hyesung resisted the urge to smack Eric upside the head. “Are we really talking about this?”

“I’m being serious! It’s an honest and serious question! Come on, your house or mine?”

“That sounds like a pick-up line,” Hyesung replied flatly before standing up and throwing a cushion on Eric’s face. “And our conversation is over. If you need me—which you better not—I’ll be in my room.” And with that, Hyesung stomped into his bedroom and slammed the door shut for good measure.

“Oh come on, don’t be like that!” Eric cried out after him. “Pilgyo? Pilgyo, come out! Come on, Jung Pilgyo! I was just joking!”


This...was a fail -_-" Shows I shouldn't complete something when I'm sick and drowsy with medicine. My brain just don't function anymore. Anyways, this is a sort of sequel to "Coming Out" because I thought that "Coming Out" and "Moving In" is a pretty cool play on words :D Out, in. Get it? Get it?