Abby

Sweet Release

 

My wounds are still raw from her death, even though it’s summer my heart is as cold as ice, I’ve been numb for the last two years, as I look out the window I’m reminded of that day, now so long ago, the day she overcame her disorders and spoke to me for the first time, I’ve tried to forget, to move on but I’m constantly being reminded of her. I don’t speak more than a few words a day anymore, I spend most of my time in the grave yard sitting across from her talking to her, telling her how much I miss her. I don’t know how much longer I can go on like this, the intense agony inside me grows stronger and stronger each passing day. As I sit here staring out the window a single tear roles down my face and makes a clear splatter on my math test. I blink and wipe my eye. The bell rings. As I stand and shove my into my black messenger bag, I glance out the window once more I smile as I remember how she had stumbled awkwardly over her words trying to come up with an excuse “Um, excuse me, I’m new here and well I can’t find the biology lab, could you help me?” I nodded and beckoned her to follow me. We walked out of the room and down the hall “how long have you been coming to this school?” she asked. “my whole life.” I replied. “wow, really? This is my first time ever going to a public school.” “hmm.” “do you know how long has this place has been here?” I shook my head. “are you always this quiet?” I nodded. “is there a particular reason? Or do you just not like to talk?” I paused then made the decision I thought I’d never make. I made the decision to let go, not completely but a little, just enough to speak. “I smiled and said, “it’s early I don’t usually talk much in then mornings.” “oh I gotcha.” “hey what’s your name by the way?” I asked. “I’m Abby, and you?” “You can call me Niel” “pleased to meet you she said with a curtsy” I laughed.

 

Three months went by I told Abby about Yoomi and she cryed with me at the end. After another two months I realized something, She was my sweet release.

 

Abby’s POV

We were walking through a grave yard, the big gray grave stones stood erect and solemn as we walked through them. “why are we in a grave yard?” I asked the boy walking beside me. “I want to tell you something but we have to be in the right place.” “In a grave yard?” I asked. “sadly yes.” He replied. I laughed. “let me guess you’re a ware wolf and your real name is Jacob.” He smirked. “nope. Wrong, answer” He said. “were here.” We had stopped in front of the strangest grave stone I’d ever seen. It was typical gray but there were paintings and drawings of butterflies and flower’s all around the name. “this is her isn’t it.” I said. He nodded, he took my hand and said “When she died my heart died with her, I had no hope, but you, you came and brought light back into my life, you thawed my frozen heart, you are my hope, my sweet release, with Yoomi as my witness will you… will you except my heart?”