Dream On

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were cuddled up on the couch in his game room watching television.  It was the best place to watch anything with the surround sound and the wall length screen.  Not only that, but the couch was the comfiest in the game room, as Kyuhyun intended to sit on it for hours at a time.  Ryeowook’s eyes were growing heavy as Kyuhyun scanned through the stations with the remote until he came across a television series that gave him pause. 

            “Ah!  The Moon that Embraces the Sun!  I haven’t run across this one in a while,” he mentioned.

            “Is it a favorite of yours or something?” Ryeowook asked, then yawned.

            “Kind of, ever since I played the part of Lee Hwon on stage,” he said.

            “When?  In high school or something?”

            “In high school?  No, professionally,” Kyuhyun informed him.  “Didn’t you know that I was a theater performer as well as a musician?”

            Ryeowook frowned, trying to remember what he had been told of Kyuhyun’s past from everyone, but he couldn’t recall having been told that his boyfriend was an actor as well.  “No.”

            “Really?  I’ve been in The Three Musketeers and Catch Me If You Can and all sorts of other productions.  Boy, you really didn’t pay attention to much back then outside of your own world, did you?” Kyuhyun asked. 

            “Things in my own world were dramatic enough,” Ryeowook reminded him.

            “I guess so,” Kyuhyun said, wrapping his arm around Ryeowook tightly.  “Sorry.”

            “You had nothing to do with any of it,” Ryeowook reminded him.

            “Still, I feel bad for you.”

            “You must have loved acting then,” Ryeowook pointed out.

            “I still do,” Kyuhyun admitted.  “I admit that I wouldn’t mind going back to acting as well as singing.”

            “Really?”

            “Really,” he said, beginning to flip through channels again.

            “Were you a television actor as well?” Ryeowook asked.

            “No,” Kyuhyun said.  “And I want to make a distinction.  I like performing in front of a live audience.  That’s kind of my deal.  I don’t know if I would ever enjoy being on a television show or in movies because you don’t get that instant feedback from the people watching you.  For me, at least, I think it will always have to be live, just like singing on stage.  I get a lot of energy from that.”

            “I see,” Ryeowook said, believing he understood. 

            “Would you care if I performed onstage again?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “Of course not!  I’d love to see you act,” Ryeowook said.

            “Even if it means that I have to kiss actresses,” Kyuhyun reminded him.

            Ryeowook hadn’t thought about that part, honestly.  “Well, I’m sure you wouldn’t end up kissing women in every play.”

            “Yes, I do.  I always ended up as the male lead, so I always ended up kissing someone,” Kyuhyun informed him.

            “It’s fine.  It’s just acting,” Ryeowook said.

            Kyuhyun smirked and kissed his boyfriend repeatedly.  “They’re very passionless…kisses anyway, trust me.  Nothing is less romantic than…having some director off stage…telling you were to put your hands…and how to angle your head.”

            Ryeowook couldn’t exactly respond to this, since Kyuhyun was now kissing him in earnest, and Ryeowook wrapped his arms around his affectionate boyfriend’s neck.  They weren’t aware of much else going on around them in that moment, so they never heard footsteps coming up the stairs.  They only had the vaguest warning they were about to be interrupted.

            “Incoming!”

            Barely a second later, Choco jumped up onto the couch and began jumping up on them, whining.  This effectively broke them apart and Ryeowook smiled down at the little fluff ball trying to get their attention.  A few seconds later, they could hear her owners enter the room behind them. 

            “Sorry, she must have smelled the popcorn or something.  She just took off up the stairs the second we got in the door,” Donghae said.  “What are you two watching?”

            “We weren’t watching anything in particular.  We were just looking through the channels,” Kyuhyun said.

            “Did you want popcorn?” Ryeowook asked Choco, reaching into the bowl on the coffee table and grabbing a handful. 

            “She only needs a piece or two,” Eunhyuk lectured.

             “Of course,” Ryeowook said, giving her a piece as she sat down on his lap and wagged her tail excitedly. 

            “Where did you two run off to tonight?  Last minute wedding details to attend to?” Kyuhyun questioned.

             “Nah,” Donghae said, sitting down on the couch.  “Sungmin made sure everything was taken care of.  We just wanted to escape for a little while before the house started filling up with guests again.”

            “True.  The first of the guests are coming tomorrow.  Boa and Yunho will be here bright and early, since she’s offered to help cook, arrange flowers, and then she’ll be staying to housekeep while you’re on your honeymoon,” Ryeowook confirmed. 

            “I think she’s just trying to make it look like she still lives and works here so Kangin doesn’t find out she eloped until she wants to tell him,” Kyuhyun said, still flipping channels.

            “You just wait until he finds out you already knew.  Your is going to be just as dead as Yunho’s,” Eunhyuk warned, pointing at him.

            Kyuhyun frowned and continued playing with the television.

            “Maybe he’ll be calmer now that he and Teukie are together,” Ryeowook suggested.  “They told Yesung just to put them both in Leeteuk’s room.  So clearly they’re sleeping together.”

            “It’s about damn time,” Kyuhyun said, reaching for his glass of wine on the table. 

            “So, weren’t either of you going to have a bachelor party?” Ryeowook asked.

            “Yes, we are, but not until the night before the wedding.  The Shinee band members are coming in for the wedding, as they’re friends of mine, but they can’t come in until the day before,” Eunhyuk explained.

             “You’re dressing normal this time,” Kyuhyun told Ryeowook, squeezing his hand.

             Donghae looked over at Ryeowook, his brows furrowed.  “What does he mean by that?”

            Ryeowook could feel his cheeks warm in embarrassment, but thankfully he was spared from saying anything as Eunhyuk continued speaking.  “I’m afraid we’re all probably going to be a little hung-over on the day of the wedding.”

            “We’ll be lucky if we get back in time to get ready for the wedding, knowing them,” Donghae pointed out.

            “I’ll make sure we’re all back at a decent hour,” Kyuhyun declared.

            “Are we both going?” Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun.

            “Damn right we are!  To hell if I’m letting you go anywhere alone with that ridiculous bunch again!” Kyuhyun said, slamming his remote control down on the table. 

            Donghae had stolen the bowl of popcorn and was digging around for the most buttery pieces, but looked up at Kyuhyun’s little outburst.  “So I take it you’ve met the members, Wook?”

            “You could say that,” Ryeowook only said, patting Kyuhyun’s leg to calm him down.  “Any other famous singers coming to your wedding?”

            “Singers?  No,” Eunhyuk said.  “But I have friends and relatives coming in from my old hometown.  My best man, Junsu, will come in a couple days from now along with my parents and sister.”

            “And then my mother and brother will come in as well,” Donghae informed them.

            “Sungmin will not be your best man, Hyuk?” Ryeowook questioned.

            “He’s in the wedding party, along with my sister, but he’s not my best man.”

            Ryeowook nodded.  “Who’s your best man, Hae?”

            “It’s a surprise,” Donghae said.

            Ryeowook gave Kyuhyun a puzzled look.

            “He doesn’t want to tell us for some reason, which makes me awfully suspicious,” Kyuhyun whispered to him.

            “But I also have a friend named Dara who’s going to be in the wedding party as well.”

            “So there will be a couple girls, huh?”

            Donghae nodded.

            “What color dresses are they wearing?”

            “Blue,” Eunhyuk answered.  “And they both look stunning in them.  I’m sure they’ll attract a lot of attention, since they’re both still single.”

            “Probably,” Ryeowook agreed.

            “You probably got the response already, I assume, but Ahra a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter