Moving Forward

What Once Was Lost...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Sungmin unlocked the door and walked into the entryway as Kkoming bounded up to him, whining in his excitement.  “What are you still doing up?  Why aren’t you sleeping with daddy?”

            “Daddy can’t sleep,” Yesung said from the other room.

            Sungmin smiled wide when he saw his boyfriend sitting on the couch, his laptop perched on this lap.  He closed it up and set it off to the side and then crooked his finger at Sungmin.  Sungmin set down the backpack he often brought with him to the radio station and walked over to Yesung, stopping just in front of him.  Yesung wasted no time and grasped his hips, pulling him down until Sungmin was straddling him.

            “That’s much better,” he groaned, securely wrapping his arms around Sungmin.  Yesung then leaned forward and began to kiss him, wasting no time.  His hands began to rub up and down Sungmin’s thighs, until his boyfriend was against his lips, his own sense of urgency taking over as he wrapped his arms around Yesung’s neck.

            Two hours later, Sungmin woke back up to Yesung’s tossing and turning and wrapped his arms around his anxious boyfriend.  “Is there something bothering you?”

            Yesung sighed roughly.  “I think there’s something weird going on back at the house and I don’t have a clue what it is.”

            “What’s going on?”

            “Well, Heechul keeps spacing out and ignoring everyone and Eunhyuk is no longer looking after Heechul, claiming that he refuses his help anymore.  I would way that they must have had some kind of falling out but both of them hate each other already.”

            “Is anything else going on besides those two acting weird?”

            “No…unless you count Boa and Yunho spending all their free time together.”

            Sungmin shook his head before realizing Yesung wouldn’t see it with his back pressed against his chest.  “That’s not weird if they just started dating.  We still do that too.”

            “Yeah, but your brother isn’t going to beat my for it and Yunho is treading a dangerous path right now,” Yesung pointed out.

            “How about Kyu and Wookie?”

            “Completely obsessed with each other and pretending they’re not, which is amusing.”

            “Hmmm,” Sungmin said, playing with Yesung’s hair and then kissing his cheek.  “I think you’re worrying for nothing.  But I’ll try to chat with my brother and figure it out of you’d like.”

            Yesung grasped his lover’s hand and smiled in satisfaction.  “Yeah, that sounds good.”

            They were silent for several minutes, lying pressed up against each other when Sungmin finally voiced the idea that had been haunting his thoughts for days now.  “Yesung?”

            At just this one word, Yesung turned around to face him.  “You’re calling me Yesung instead of Sungie…is there something important you want to tell me?”

            Sungmin couldn’t help but blush at his boyfriend’s perception.  “Tell?  No,” he began.  “I wanted to ask you something, actually, but I wasn’t sure if I should and if it would sound too clingy…”

            “I was teasing that day when I called you clingy,” Yesung informed him, pulling Sungmin closer.  “You are clingy but I really like that about you.”

            “Really?”

            Yesung nodded.  “I used to be so jealous of Kyuhyun when you hung on him, always wishing I had someone like you that clearly missed me when we were apart and loved being around me.  Eventually I realized I didn’t want just anybody but you specifically and that began my long, torturous desire for you.”

            “You should have stolen me away from him,” Sungmin said, pouting.  “We wasted years that we could have been together!”

            “But Kyuhyun and I are friends,” Yesung simply said, as if that explained everything.  “What did you want to ask?”

            Sungmin took a deep breath.  “You’ve been staying here almost every night since we began seeing each other.  I was wondering…if you’d like to move in with me.”

            Yesung looked into his boyfriend’s eyes and opened his mouth to speak when Sungmin quickly interrupted him.

            “But I’m not trying to pressure you,” Sungmin insisted.  “I just thought that maybe you wanted to.  I won’t be heartbroken if you say no or anything.  I promise.  It’s just a silly idea that came to my head.”

            Yesung laughed.  “You would be so heartbroken if I said no…” he teased, “but I agree with you.  I should just move in at this point, since I can’t stand the idea of being away from you.”

            Sungmin squeezed Yesung tight until he whimpered and then kissed his face repeatedly. 

            Yesung finally pulled back, laughing.  “IF!”

            “If?” Sungmin asked, furrowing his brows and looking straight at Yesung, worried.

            “If I can introduce you to my family.  My mother really wants to meet you,” he said.

            “She does?  You’ve told her about me?” he asked in surprise.

            “Haven’t you told your family about me?” Yesung asked.

            “I have but I didn’t know you would,” he only admitted.  “Aren’t you just the sweetest boyfriend ever?”

            “That’s probably you, actually, since you’ll probably go out of your way to buy her presents and all that,” Yesung pointed out. 

            “I’ll meet your family if you promise to meet mine next time we fly to see them for the holidays,” Sungmin said.

            “Deal,” Yesung said, snuggling up to his boyfriend and closing his eyes. 

            He yawned loudly and Sungmin held him close as he finally managed to drift off.  Now it was Sungmin who couldn’t fall asleep but he didn’t mind now that he knew Yesung wanted to live together too.  Everything that he’d wished for, for so long, was finally coming true.  It felt like some kind of fairy tale.

 

 

 

            Ryeowook paced in the back yard, on the path between the gardens, holding for the hospital staff to get back on the line with him and sniffing the flowers that were blooming. 

            “Mr. Kim?”

            “Yes,” Ryeowook said, standing back up and listening carefully.

            “You said that you wanted to make another payment on your mother’s medical bills?”

            “Yes,” he answered.  “I didn’t get a bill and I figured that you must not have gotten my address change, so perhaps you could resend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter