Don't Hate Me

Don't Hate Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The cool spring breeze brushed against the three boys as they ran into the arcade after school ended. Their white button shirt had been ed from the neck area, their ties loosened. Upon entering the arcade, beeping noise and defeated screams surrounded the arcade.  The cool air conditioning welcomed the boys as they ran towards their favorite game. The boy in the middle brushed his hands through his dark purple hair as he and his two friends stood in front of their favorite car racing game.  Hyuk placed his hand on the leather black seat and comfortably sat on the worn out cushion, Hyuk fed the game some tokens before he started the game. 

They looked through the score sheet, “Hyuk, you’re second place now. Somebody beat your score!” The child-like voice from his left said.

Hyuk turned his focus to his right side, making contact with the boy who sported dark black hair, “SangHoon, take out my gloves.” He instructed, before focusing his attention to his left, “Ricky, you know what to do.” Ricky got up from the floor beside Hyuk and ran out of the arcade, knowing exactly what his job was. Hyuk cracked his fingers putting on his black finger-less gloves SangHoon gave him and snapped his neck. “I got this.” Beep. Beep. He placed his hands on the steering wheel as the game officially started.

Ten minutes after the game started, Ricky came back; his light brown hair messed up from the wind. He held out the cold banana milk in his hand with a straw poking from the top. Ricky guided the straw into Hyuk’s mouth; Hyuk thankfully sipped the cool and refreshing drink before resuming with the game. Once the drink was nearly gone, Hyuk moved it away and pumped his fist as his two friends cheered him on, anticipating his victory. A sweat rolled off Hyuk’s forehead as he made a drift to pass the driver in front of him.

Hyuk took hold of the stick shift located by his legs, “Time to finish this game!” He pulled back the stick shift waiting for the car to go straight. His thumb lightly pressed on the red button on top of the stick shift.

Ricky held onto his breath, “Your car will explode if you press the button at that speed!”

Hyuk didn’t listen to him and had already pressed the button. Ricky covered his bubbly eyes leaving gaps in between his fingers to peek at the screen. SangHoon furrowed his thick eyebrows, trying to concentrate on the race in front of him. He did not dare to blink or else he would miss the game. 

Congratulations! You beat the highest score! The game voice congratulated Hyuk while he typed in his initials.

Hyuk took the banana milk from Ricky’s hand, “Remember this day, friends,” and he took a sip of the milk cooling his heated body down. Ricky and SangHoon patted their friend’s sweaty back smiling proudly at their friend.

After a long day, Hyuk bid good bye to his two friends before heading home. He stopped in front of his apartment door searching for the keys in his pocket; the sound of his keys filled the quiet halls when he pulled them out of his pocket. Hyuk finally unlocked the door before he entered the apartment; he placed his free hand on the wall to support himself while he kicked on his shoes and slipped into white slippers.

He spotted a figure sitting on the couch, “Mom, I’m home.” His excited voice dropped when she didn’t look back at him. Instead she kept her eyes on the black T.V. screen. “What’s wrong?” Hyuk quickly walked to his mother and sat down on the creamed cushion. His hand lightly sat on her small shoulders, “Mom…” His voice was soft now, he knew something was wrong. He lightly shook his mother by the shoulder hoping she’ll acknowledge his presence.

Her lightly hazy eyes finally met with his, “Your dad called. His company is moving up north of the city.” His mother explained; Hyuk nodded his head, not quite understanding what was going on. “We found a place near his job and we’ll be moving there soon.” The last five words pierced his heart and it finally clicked in his head, he was going to move.

“What?” His hand left her shoulders. “Why all of a sudden? What about my school, my friends?” His face turned pale, “You know how hard it was for me to make friends. I’m surprised Ricky and SangHoon even put up with me.”

“I’m sorry,” was his mother’s reply before she left him alone in the living room.

That night, Hyuk toss and turned in his twin size bed. He sat up removing the blue plaid covers off his upper body and took his phone from the wooden nightstand next to his bed. He scanned through his contact list finding Ricky and SangHoon’s number. His index finger shut off his phone when he leaned back into the soft pillow. He let out a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter