Chapter 5

The Luckiest Girl!

Chapter Five

 


The next day at school during lunch, I was quietly eating my lunch which was nicely prepared by Chanyeol. He wore a bright pink apron this morning when he prepared my lunch and his. I thought it was very sweet of him.

The boys were having the usual banter during lunch when suddenly one of the boys in our year came running towards our table.
 

“Annyeong DaeSuk,” Xiumin greeted him cheerfully.

“Guys, I was just at the teacher’s lounge fixing some folders for teacher and I heard the other teachers talking about Hwang Jun, Ji Sung and Shin Woo!” DaeSuk announced like a news reporter.

“Who are they?” I whispered to Chanyeol who was sitting next to me.

“Those three bullies who bullied Lay.” He replied with a grin.

“What were they saying about them?” Chen asked DaeSuk. Xiumin and the others seem to be looking proud of themselves. I got suspicious.

“Apparently they were rushed to hospital last night. I heard they got seriously beaten up!” DaeSuk exclaimed dramatically. The boys smiled slyly to themselves before telling DaeSuk to not worry about the three bullies. When DaeSuk left, I glared at each and everyone of the boys.

“What did you guys do?” I interrogated them.

“Nothing~” Sehun said trying to do aegyo.

“Don’t lie to me,” I told him. Sehun looked at his hyungs. D.O nodded at Xiumin while Chanyeol was just shuffling nervously beside me.

“Last night when you were asleep, we sneaked out of the boarding house.” Xiumin said in a hushed tone. Baekhyun and Kai looked warily around to see if anyone was listening intently or eavesdropping.

“Wae?” I demanded.

“Hwang Jun, Ji Sung and Shin Woo always hangs out at the park during midnight so--” Xiumin continued.

“So??” I raised my eyebrows.

“So we kicked their !” Chanyeol shouted happily.

“Ssshhh!” The others quickly shushed him.

“I’m guessing that’s why they were rushed to hospital?” I tutted.

Xiumin nodded proudly.

“I told them not to Minyoung but they didn’t listen…” Lay pouted.

“When do we ever listen to you eh Lay?” Baekhyun smirked.

“Is that why you have a bandage around your hand?” I asked Baekhyun.

He nodded and then pursed his lips.

“I can’t believe you guys did that…” I trailed off.

“We’re tough guys!!” Chanyeol smiled at me.

 

That evening, I decided to take a quick shower after dinner. As I turned the shower on, I let the warm water touch my skin. When I was completely soaking wet, I grabbed my bottle of shampoo which had strawberry scent. As I picked it up, I noticed that it seemed light and empty. I turned the bottle upside down to get some of the contents onto my palm but it was completely empty. Not even a drop of my shampoo was left. When I took a shower this morning, I could have sworn that it was half full at least. I was probably just hallucinating so I applied conditioner on my hair. Once I finished getting changed into my pajamas and dried off my hair, I went to knock to Kai’s room to ask him something. He opened the door and then let me in.

“Gwaenchana?” He asked sweetly.

“Oh ne, gomawo. I just wanted to ask where’s the nearest supermarket is from here? I ran out of shampoo…” I told him.

“There’s one about 15 minutes away by bus…” Kai answered.

“What’s 15 minutes away by bus?” Xiumin asked as he walked in Kai’s room. Kai was sitting on his bed while I was sitting down on one of his bean bags.

“Minyoung was asking about the nearest supermarket,” Kai answered.

“I need to buy some essentials.” I added with a smile.

“Why don’t you come with me and Tao hyung tomorrow? We’re going shopping!” Xiumin grinned. He jumped onto the bean bag next to me and I smelt his hair. It smelt of strawberries.

“You and Tao hyung are always shopping.” Kai commented.

“Xiumin oppa…” I murmured. “Did you use my shampoo?”

Xiumin his lips nervously while Kai and I waited for his response.

“Err ne, I hope you don’t mind!” he responded, his voice wavering.

“I don’t mind but you used it all!” I chuckled.

“I really loved the smell!” Xiumin grinned like a little child.

“You used a girl’s shampoo?!” Kai clarified his tone very surprised.

“Oh hyung, it smells like strawberries!! It’s awesome!” Xiumin exclaimed.

“So? It’s still a girl’s shampoo.” Kai grimaced.

“You don’t like the smell of my hair then?” I joked.

“I love your hair. It's always neat and smells nice.” Kai stated making me blush. I saw Xiumin secretly winked at Kai. I wonder what that meant.

 

The next day at school, we didn’t have our teacher on Food Tech class so we basically just had a food fight. It was fun but it got really messy. Afterwards, we had a free period. We had the choice of staying in the library or in the canteen. Obviously we were going to be too noisy for the library so we stayed in the canteen. Baekhyun mysteriously disappeared in the middle of the food fight and I never got to asking one of the boys where he disappeared off to. The boys and I were having a lively chat in the canteen when a group of pretty girls in the year below us walked past. They sat on one of the tables as well and kept their attention towards the boys. One of them started waving in a very flirty way towards Chanyeol. I don’t why but I felt uncomfortable. Chanyeol obviously enjoyed the female attention he was getting because he started waving back in the same flirty way.

“Just go talk to her already hyung!” Sehun sighed.

“I’m on it!” Chanyeol replied. He stood up from his seat and then strutted towards the flirty girl. I don’t why it bothered me so much when I saw that Chanyeol started flirting with her uncontrollably by her cheek gently and playing with strands of her hair. She would reciprocate by literally laughing at everything he was saying. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I excused myself to go to the toilet. I could feel the eyes of the others on me and they were probably wondering why I acted that way all of a sudden. I walked out of the canteen in a huff and walked past the lockers and a couple of rooms. As I passed the music room, I heard a soft lullaby being played from the grand piano. The door was slightly open so I decided to take a peek. The song has hypnotized me and the pianist was really good. When I saw who was behind the piano, I smiled like the Cheshire cat. It was Baekhyun. He had his eyes closed and I could see that he was really into his playing. I walked in the room silently to watch him closer. His fingers glided along the piano keys flawlessly. A few minutes later, he suddenly stopped playing and then slowly opened his eyes. His eyes then met mine.

“Oh, mianhe. Did I distract you?” I gulped.

“Sort of. I felt someone watching me.” He answered and then picked his bag.

“Oh please don’t stop playing,” I said.

“I’m not in the mood to play anymore.” He said flatly.

“You’re really good.” I commented.

“Stating the obvious but thank you.” He flashed me a smirk before walking out of the music room.

What a jerk of a narcissist...

 

After school, I came with Xiumin and Tao to go shopping. They are so funny and so awesome to hang out with. Xiumin just makes me laugh so much and Tao is just so adorable that it hurts. One thing that amused me is that they love shopping more than I do. After I bought what I needed in the supermarket which is 2 bottles of shampoo (the other one I was giving to Zico) we went to a couple of clothes shop. Tao walked over a shelf which was full of different hats. He took the hat he was wearing and then tried a new hat on. He then looked at himself in the mirror.

“Do I really look like panda?” He asked. Xiumin started cracking up uncontrollably while I just looked at him in a weird way.

“No you don’t look like a panda, oppa.” I told him honestly.

“You do a bit hyung.” Xiumin giggled.

“No he doesn’t!” I slapped Xiumin on the arm playfully.

After Xiumin looked through racks of clothes, Tao said that he needed to go to the pet store.

“Wae?” I pried.

“My fishes need food.” He grinned at me.

“You have pet fishes?” I gasped. I loved animals.

“He’s got a sea life centre in his bedroom.” Xiumin chuckled.

“I have a little tank in my bedroom. I raise tropical fishes.” Tao smiled.

“Oh wow~ can I see them when we get home?” I requested.

“Of course, you can feed them too if you want.” Tao said nicely.

I can’t wait to get to know the other boys.